Attitude

fort worth cat

Attitude gets more people in trouble with law enforcement than what they are doing.

It's a shame too! I just hope the fuzz will learn to handle it better.
The times I've observed the "attitude pinch" it was handled pretty well. Here are a couple of examples:

1. The officer observes a driver make a marginally fail-to-yield left turn. Upon initiating contact he finds that the driver is 16 and has only had his license for a few months. The officer issues a verbal warning. His reasoning? "I could have given him a citation that would have likely angered him against police/authority for years. Instead, I chose to educate and advise him, hopefully making it a positive experience."

2. The officer had initiated contact, (I don't recall what the offense was) has the driver's info, and is setting in his cruiser writing a WARNING ticket. The driver comes back to the winow of the cruiser and starts b!tching at the officer, who, for a couple of minutes, continues to fill out the warning. Finally, the officer puts the warning ticket down, picks up the MONEY-ticket book and starts to write. Watching the driver's expression as it dawned on him that his mouth had just lightened his wallet was, indeed, comical.

Attitude is a two way street... LEO with an attitude will quickly find his "attitude" was recorded and a copy found it's way to the desk of his CO.

In an ideal world we would all fart rainbows and smell like sunshine... and the point? lol

Respect begets respect. Plain and simple. If that fails, keep your mouth shut and get an attorney.

In an ideal world we would all fart rainbows and smell like sunshine... and the point? lol

Respect begets respect. Plain and simple. If that fails, keep your mouth shut and get an attorney.
Respect is also a two way street. And respect must earned... and just wearing a uniform does NOT automatically entitle the person wearing it to be respected.

And because I feel philosophical this evening I offer the following:

In a perfect world everyone would be bored out of their minds. Just like there has to be evil so we can strive to overcome it with good there has to be imperfection so we can strive to achieve ...perfection. But it isn't the perfection or the overcoming of evil that is the purpose... the purpose is in the striving. Because without needing to strive we would be, as I said, bored out of our minds.

Or I'm just full of it tonight.......... and that could very well be.

Oh my, what did I start?!? :)

One thing I find sad is that there are some members of this forum who equate exercising one's 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment rights as "having an attitude". There doesn't have to be "an attitude" involved just because a person chooses to open carry and chooses to politely and respectfully ineract with a police officer only to the minimum extent required by law. I would also say that in addition to the OP's comment that talking too much has also caused people to talk their way right into an arrest or citation.

When I was a street cop, I never wrote a ticket before I had my first cup of coffee. I found that I wasn't objective and I always seemed to lose cases in court when I had written a ticket before the first cup.

I didn't even realize that attitude could be a crime. When the police handle a minor traffic infraction with arrogance and sarcasm, what do they expect in return??

I think the dashboard cams that are now installed in most squad cars to be one of the best things to come along in years. Much of the abusive behavior that was passed off as resisting arrest can now be seen for what it really is.

I have had a lifetime of bad experiences with the police. I am a law abiding citizen and a solid citizen by anyone's standards. I often wonder how much worse my experience would have been, if I had any type of criminal history or if I was African-American or Hispanic.

I have had a lifetime of bad experiences with the police. I am a law abiding citizen and a solid citizen by anyone's standards. I often wonder how much worse my experience would have been, if I had any type of criminal history or if I was African-American or Hispanic.

Please elaborate further about your "lifetime of bad experiences". My experience is that if one flies under the radar by being a law abiding citizen, then one usually has little to no encounters (good or bad) with law enforcement and certainly would not have a lifetime full of bad encounters. I would like to hear more about your situation so I could try to avoid them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back