Attention Texas Residents!

Cowbilly32

Bills are already being filed for the 2015 legislative session. I would like to encourage every Texas resident that reads this to consider contacting your state representatives and senators about the following.

#1 Show support for the passage of open carry (even if you personally would not choose to open carry). I personally prefer concealed carry but realize the benefit to being an open carry state therefore I support it.

#2 Rewrite the 30.06 law. While I do agree that private property owners have the right to say who can and can't be armed on their premises, I believe that should be limited to residences and not businesses. Businesses only post those signs because they can, I encourage the legislature to exempt any privately owned place of business where the public is expected and/or welcomed (ie. malls, stores, movie theaters, etc).

#3 In the event you or your representative/senator balks at #2, please ask him/her to consider removing the "force of law" provision associated with 30.06. Then the law will be in line with most other states and citizens can still protect themselves and their families. With the "force of law" removed, citizens would only face a trespassing charge ONLY after refusing to leave the premises IF it becomes known they are carrying. (if I understand it correctly)

If everyone will take action before the 2015 session convenes, we have a good chance to make progress in Texas. Thanks in advance!!

Why not work to repeal the requirement to notify police officers if you are carrying a gun? That is a totally useless provision because it only applies to CHL holders who are legally carrying their firearms anyway, but at least there is no penalty for failing to notify.

I ask every Texas citizen to support HB 195 - Texas Constitutional Carry Bill. There is a active petition you can sign to call legislators to enact it. Search for
" Texas Constitutional Carry Petition "

I'm all for Open Carry here in Texas, even though I'll still keep mine concealed. The campus carry I believe should have some very defined guidelines, but I support it too. The 30.06 law I understand. Business owners have their rights. But I would like to be able to carry my firearm anywhere.

I'm all for Open Carry here in Texas, even though I'll still keep mine concealed. The campus carry I believe should have some very defined guidelines, but I support it too. The 30.06 law I understand. Business owners have their rights. But I would like to be able to carry my firearm anywhere.
"Very defined" being code for more gun control, of course.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back