Atention Walmart Shoppers

CapGun

I am in Pa. close to NY border. Went into store the other day and picked up a few boxes of 9mm and S&W.40. This was the first time it happened. The guy said it was in effect for about 6 weeks but I did buy other ammo within the last six weeks without being requwsted to show him my Pa. drivers license. The guy said that he had to make sure that I wasn't from NY. New rules or law???? Just something else in the way to make it more difficult to exercise my rights.

It must be something they are doing up there. There is no federal law about buying ammo out of state. I buy when I can find it when I'm traveling. I have a feeling that Bloomberg had something to do with it...:wacko:

Ya know, for somebody who is nothing more than a City Mayor, Bloomberg seems to have quite a bit of power. Yes, I know he is rich, and I know the City is New York, BUT he is still in office on a local level, not a State or National level. How does he get away with some of the things he does?

Attention WalMart Shoppers

You know what you are talking about. However, you do not relay it well. You start off with "it happened the first time" but don't say what hapened the first time. then you say the guy said it was ineffect for 6 weeks. What was in effect? It is very difficult to try to interpret your post. Remember, communiction is relating information to someone who does not know what happened.

Snip...I did buy other ammo within the last six weeks without being requwsted to show him my Pa. drivers license. The guy said that he had to make sure that I wasn't from NY. New rules or law???? Snip...

He did say what was going on it was just late in the post. Aparantly They are checking to make sure that your not from out of state.

Sorry - also meant to say - that I could not find UP TO DATE information....not sure of the status on each bill, but I will keep looking

I'm not sure what's going on there. I had a gun store in Reno check my ID when I bought a couple of Glock 19 mags. He was making sure I wasn't from Kalifornia. I know the mags would be illegal there, but why should a gun store in Reno care?

If you google - Ammo registration - there are all kinds of bills, each state differs - about the registration of Ammo...
This is an example of the bill for Maryland, as I read on, looks like just about every state has a bill being discussed. :nono:

Red Maryland: House Judiciary to Hear Ammo Registration Bill

House Bill 1446, a bill requested by the Maryland State Police to require the registration of ammunition at purchase has passed out of the House Rules & Executive Nominations Committee and re-referred to the House Judiciary Committee for a hearing on March 19 at 1:00 pm.

This bill would require that any person engaged in the business of selling ammunition maintain extensive records on all, including the date of sale, purchaser’s full name, address, date of birth, description of the form of ID used as well as the type and quantity of ammunition purchased. The bill also forces a business that sells ammunition to allow the inspection of the sales record by a law enforcement officer upon request. HB 1446 is tantamount to firearm registration, will do nothing to stop crime and only increase the size and bureaucratic scope of the Maryland State Police. If they succeed, they will no doubt be back wanting a background check or license to purchase ammunition as well. This bill must be defeated. If you think ammunition is hard to find now, just wait and see how hard it is to get if this bill passes.

Congress has tried ammunition registration in the past, only to discover that it was not only ineffective for law enforcement, but also completely unmanageable due to the sheer volume of transactions. Ammunition registration creates huge record keeping requirements and provides no useful benefits for law enforcement; which is why it was repealed under the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986.

If you google - Ammo registration - there are all kinds of bills, each state differs - about the registration of Ammo...
This is an example of the bill for Maryland, as I read on, looks like just about every state has a bill being discussed. :nono:

Red Maryland: House Judiciary to Hear Ammo Registration Bill

House Bill 1446, a bill requested by the Maryland State Police to require the registration of ammunition at purchase has passed out of the House Rules & Executive Nominations Committee and re-referred to the House Judiciary Committee for a hearing on March 19 at 1:00 pm.

This bill would require that any person engaged in the business of selling ammunition maintain extensive records on all, including the date of sale, purchaser’s full name, address, date of birth, description of the form of ID used as well as the type and quantity of ammunition purchased. The bill also forces a business that sells ammunition to allow the inspection of the sales record by a law enforcement officer upon request. HB 1446 is tantamount to firearm registration, will do nothing to stop crime and only increase the size and bureaucratic scope of the Maryland State Police. If they succeed, they will no doubt be back wanting a background check or license to purchase ammunition as well. This bill must be defeated. If you think ammunition is hard to find now, just wait and see how hard it is to get if this bill passes.

Congress has tried ammunition registration in the past, only to discover that it was not only ineffective for law enforcement, but also completely unmanageable due to the sheer volume of transactions. Ammunition registration creates huge record keeping requirements and provides no useful benefits for law enforcement; which is why it was repealed under the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back