At least they are asking before searching homes

DrDavidM

This is a bit disturbing. The police want to search homes of children for guns. They do have to obtain the parents consent. While there are certainly many teenagers that should not have a gun, I would have had several in my bedroom as a teenager. The worst thing I ever did was get a speeding ticket. My parents, of course, would have simply told them to leave. I do understand the fear of a teenager having a gun without parenteral knowledge. I fear, however, this is one more step to searching houses for guns with no search warrant.

Link Removed

All in the name of protecting the sheep. Why can't parents search their childs room? No father maybe. What if a controll subject or stolen property is founded? This is going to be intersting.

search

All in the name of protecting the sheep. Why can't parents search their childs room? No father maybe. What if a controll subject or stolen property is founded? This is going to be intersting.

+1. I would never give in to this.

I am all in favor of it! They are going after gang bangers, the biggest crime problem in the country!

search

I am all in favor of it! They are going after gang bangers, the biggest crime problem in the country!

The excuses always start with something you can agree with. Then something more later. Before you know it you are living in a Storm Trooper society.

I'm not against getting the scum off th street. I just worry who is doing the scum judging? To nazis scum looked like Jews and Christians. We have rights even if we are gang bangers. I hate the sound of it but it is better to release 1000 guilty men than to hang one inassent one.

The excuses always start with something you can agree with. Then something more later. Before you know it you are living in a Storm Trooper society.

In areas where gang bangers are rampant people are already living in a Storm Trooper Society. The gang bangers being the Storm Troopers!

So we search banggers rooms and it works what else can we go after? He I might have some expired perscription pain pills.

Jc40

I am against it.If it is to target gang bangers,then there should be no need to enter someones home as these thugs always carry guns no matter where they are.If it is the average citizen,then you need to check your own childs room and do what needs to be done.Once we allow the police into our home to do random searched in "the publics best interest",what is next.Random searches every six months just to make sure people are safe.BS,It`s just another way of giving the police department too much freedom to enter a private residence.If people can`t control their children,then they shouldn`t have any.Just my .02 .

Fourth Amendment

SEARCH AND SEIZURE

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Search

SEARCH AND SEIZURE

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

That was written to protect us from unlawful searches but how do you protect someone from themselves when they invite the police in? When you wave your constitutional rights you are opening up Pandora's Box.

That is why fireman and paramec. are being trained in looking for contraband. Things like night vision,guns explosives and books. This is moving fast towards a police state.

That was written to protect us from unlawful searches but how do you protect someone from themselves when they invite the police in? When you wave your constitutional rights you are opening up Pandora's Box.
Where's the ACLU?:)

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back