Asked about a Plastic CCW card Johnson County IA

iowaTruckerRob

Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 04:03 PM
To: Lonny Pulkrabek
Subject: CCW

I was wondering if there is any way to upgrade the paper CCW to a plastic card?

If Johnson Co does not offer the plastic one, is there any way to go to another county and have them issue one?

Thanks for your time.

His reply was

No, we have not budgeted for the purchase of a machine to issue plastic ones.
You must get them in the county where you reside.
Lonny L. Pulkrabek
Johnson County Sheriff

How much could it cost i wonder?
So we have to carry this tissue thin piece of paper around with us for 5 years and hope we don't fart or it will tear.

Stupid Johnson county Iowa!

Every county is different in my state. My father's is top end, looks like his DL. I live in a different county. Mine had to be laminated. SUX!

My Husband got his CPL 6 months before me and his card was a laminated paper one, I received the hard plastic card...he asked if he could get the hard plastic one since his was already wearing out and he had to pay a $15 fee...I hope your county gets a machine soon. So much better. Keep checking on it...Good luck. BTW...we are in Michigan.

I got a laminating machine at Costco for twenty something bucks. It came with a bunch of laminating sheets. Kind of handy to have around.

Gotta love the People's Republic of Johnson County. Fortunately, Iowa is a "Shall Issue" state or you would never get a carry permit in that county. My permit, issued in Story County, measures about 3" x 8". If I were to laminate it, I would need a purse to carry it around.

Some years ago I had the old blue construction like paper Iowa permit. Laminating it wasn't an option, so I used a few strips of packing tape front and back. It doesn't look as nice as laminating but it serves it's purpose and is still foldable to fit in your wallet.

Y'all nedd o move to Virginia. Our ccw cards are smaller than a typical business card and the court does laminate them.

Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 04:03 PM
To: Lonny Pulkrabek
Subject: CCW

I was wondering if there is any way to upgrade the paper CCW to a plastic card?

If Johnson Co does not offer the plastic one, is there any way to go to another county and have them issue one?

Thanks for your time.

His reply was

No, we have not budgeted for the purchase of a machine to issue plastic ones.
You must get them in the county where you reside.
Lonny L. Pulkrabek
Johnson County Sheriff

How much could it cost i wonder?
So we have to carry this tissue thin piece of paper around with us for 5 years and hope we don't fart or it will tear.

Stupid Johnson county Iowa!

sorry,my friend.. in sc we have plastic like our driver license.

I took mine to office max. They shrunk it down to DL size and laminated it for $1.

I would not think that a photocopy of a license would be valid... doesn't the law require you to carry your actual license when in possession of the concealed firearm?

I used it to buy a firearm the other day, no issues. The Sheriff's office was who suggested it to me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back