Armed at the Gun Shop

I was in johnson city tennesee once, going to a tent revial. I wanted to go into a store that had a lot of Smith And Wesson revolvers. I am not sure if I was closer to heaven in the gunstore, or latrer, under the gospel tent. Anyway, I saw a sign that read something to the effect that all Concealed weapons must be "checked".
I happily went to the first register i saw, and asked who do I check my weapons with. They summoned the appropriate person, and I unholstred my 6.5" 629, and opened the action. He informed me they just wanted to be sure it was unloaded, so I unloaded that one, put it back in my Sourdough holster, and pulled my 4" model 29 from my shouilder holster, and unloaded it too. He then saw my radio on my belt, and wanted to know if I was LE? I told him I was not, I just usher at tent meetings sometimes. I asked him about my Bowie Knife, but he said that was O.K......Wonder what he would have thought about the three sets of cuffs, pepper spray, and mag light?

I seldom cary two guns, but I have a pastor freind who constantly gets death threats, and I take them kind of serious. There were enough of us to take care of business at that meeting, as well as visible sworn officers. I thought it was a good joke on those guys in the gun store, because my companion also had a 1911 and a 624, radio, earpiece, and some other stuff. We looked kind of like the secret, or a hit team, I don't know which. Or maybe like what we were, Baptist deacons going to a revival meeting.

All jokes aside, gun owners come in all shapes sizes, and levels of proficiency. As a trainer, I never allow ammunotion in the classroom. I always personally inspect every firearm that enters the classroom. I am quite sure it offends some people. No one has ever been killed in one of my classes, yet.

I get my hair up pretty bad sometimes about those sighns, but I also train a lot of really good people who just don't know much. It is pretty safe to assume the guyts at the gun stores don't have a political ax to grind, they just don't want to get shot by the nicest guy in the world, who happens to know nothing.

Gun Shop Carry

Around here, (Cape Cod and Plymouth area), The two gun stores I frequent allow concealed carry and all of the store employees carry concealed as well. I only know this due to past discussions with the employees of carry methods, holsters, etc. If you live in the area, please support them......Powderhorn and Plimoth Bay Outfitters. I frequent both and try to spread the wealth.....gee I just sounded a little bit like Obama. Y'all know what I meant. Have a great weekend!

Surfcc

I was in johnson city tennesee once, going to a tent revial. I wanted to go into a store that had a lot of Smith And Wesson revolvers. I am not sure if I was closer to heaven in the gunstore, or latrer, under the gospel tent. Anyway, I saw a sign that read something to the effect that all Concealed weapons must be "checked".
I happily went to the first register i saw, and asked who do I check my weapons with. They summoned the appropriate person, and I unholstred my 6.5" 629, and opened the action. He informed me they just wanted to be sure it was unloaded, so I unloaded that one, put it back in my Sourdough holster, and pulled my 4" model 29 from my shouilder holster, and unloaded it too. He then saw my radio on my belt, and wanted to know if I was LE? I told him I was not, I just usher at tent meetings sometimes. I asked him about my Bowie Knife, but he said that was O.K......Wonder what he would have thought about the three sets of cuffs, pepper spray, and mag light?

I seldom cary two guns, but I have a pastor freind who constantly gets death threats, and I take them kind of serious. There were enough of us to take care of business at that meeting, as well as visible sworn officers. I thought it was a good joke on those guys in the gun store, because my companion also had a 1911 and a 624, radio, earpiece, and some other stuff. We looked kind of like the secret, or a hit team, I don't know which. Or maybe like what we were, Baptist deacons going to a revival meeting.

All jokes aside, gun owners come in all shapes sizes, and levels of proficiency. As a trainer, I never allow ammunotion in the classroom. I always personally inspect every firearm that enters the classroom. I am quite sure it offends some people. No one has ever been killed in one of my classes, yet.

I get my hair up pretty bad sometimes about those sighns, but I also train a lot of really good people who just don't know much. It is pretty safe to assume the guyts at the gun stores don't have a political ax to grind, they just don't want to get shot by the nicest guy in the world, who happens to know nothing.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one wondering, but I'm going to ask what you're doing carrying handcuffs? You're not the police (so you say), so what's the point?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one wondering, but I'm going to ask what you're doing carrying handcuffs? You're not the police (so you say), so what's the point?

It's not illegal to carry handcuffs. So.....Why not? I carry cuffs because I can. If I were to disable an assailant with my pepper spray and the opportunity to cuff 'em to something were there, I'd do it and leave the scene. I would also call the local PD on my cell phone and let them know where their suspect was waiting for them.

Surfcc

It is called SAFTY. Many people do not know how to make thier weapon safe!!. My local shop has no problem with you carrying a loaded weapon, but IF you have to un holster it to show them, you are taken to a back room wher you point the barrel in a LARGE steel tube, drop the mag, and rack the slide..no problem , no swat.
Mooncusser 018http://www.usacarry.com/forums/images/smilies/new1/wacko.gif

It's not illegal to carry handcuffs. So.....Why not? I carry cuffs because I can. If I were to disable an assailant with my pepper spray and the opportunity to cuff 'em to something were there, I'd do it and leave the scene. I would also call the local PD on my cell phone and let them know where their suspect was waiting for them.

Surfcc

It may not be illegal to carry handcuffs, but using them may get you into a lot of trouble. Be very familiar with the laws in your state. Seek advice from a competent attorney. I highly recommend against taking any legal advice from your local LEO. Though their intentions may be good, in most jurisdictions, it's up to the prosecuting attorney to determine if you will be brought up on charges. In some jurisdictions, simply handcuffing a "suspect" could result in "unlawful detention" or possible "kidnapping" charges. A crafty defense attorney could spin the scenario around and make it appear that you started the incident, which escalated to the need to pepper spray "the suspect", and then you subsequently "unlawfully detained" the "suspect". I am not an attorney, and I'm not giving "legal advice". All I'm saying is that I've seen it happen before, and would hate to see it happen to the members of this site (with a couple of exceptions :wink:).

Be very careful how you conduct yourself. One simple mistake may result in the loss of your 2A rights!

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back