Arlen Specter Switches to Democrats

Tex4oc

Patriot 1st
What havoc can they wreak before we can turn this thing around? I now truly fear for this country, God save us!

RoperJ109

If Al Franken prevails in his bid for the MN Senate seat the Dem's will have their majority.

Then it gets interesting.

Bohemian

What a fricking turn coat this guy is...

Move would give Democrats 60-seat majority if Franken takes office...

What that means boys and girls is that now the Senate like the house can pass bills in the HOUSE & SENATE without a SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTE...

This represents the loss of the Republicans only remaining power in any branch of the Government - FILIBUSTER...

CathyInBlue

Tool Maker
Arlan Sphincter: Don't let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha.

Everyone else: that sudden lurch you just felt was not an earthquake. That was the terrain suddenly tilting to become the slippery slope into Hell. Hold onto your guns and your wallets, cause it's all downhill from here.

NDS

So, here we are in a nation where almost all rights have been destroyed by the collusion and decades-long corruption of the Democrat and Republican parties--and all you guys can do is argue about which side one of the major haters of Constitutional Rights sits on...

I'll just keep whistling in the dark over here until the D&R corrupt collusion finishes us all off. I no longer believe there's any chance you people will wake up and realize the only hope is to abandon and defeat them both.

:hang3::hang3:

Stiofan

Spector is running as a Democrat in 2010. The Dems will lose seats in that election, as almost all prior midterms elections have shown the ruling party to do.

Spector is doing this simply because of his vote on the stimulus plan cooked his goose in Pennsylvania anyway, he might as well try to appeal for votes from those he sides with, liberals. He's a slimeball, believe me if he could still win as a Republican, he wouldn't be switching. This is all about power and his desire to keep it.

jwtollett21

NDS that is a very good statement i like that. No Joke. your probably right.

But until we get to that point i am pleased to welcome an experienced Sen Specter to the party that is moving forward not backward.

CapGun

ARLEN SPECTER is not a turn coat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is what he always was. He just took his coat off and has now taken away any doubt that the unthinking only thought!
Truly a man of principle and conviction. That he is behind in the poles by 21 pts. to a CONSERVATIVE Repub had nothing to do with his decision...I am sure! After all the people of Pa. really need him as does the country.
Think next time around I will not vote for any incumbants! No matter who they are or what party. wake up people!

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
What a fricking turn coat this guy is...

Move would give Democrats 60-seat majority if Franken takes office...

What that means boys and girls is that now the Senate like the house can pass bills in the HOUSE & SENATE without a SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTE...

This represents the loss of the Republicans only remaining power in any branch of the Government - FILIBUSTER...

I wouldn't call him a turncoat. The switch to the Democratic Party just makes it official, that's all. A turncoat would be someone like Tom Coburn switching over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamike