Arkansas Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General Say Open Carry is Legal in Arkansas

r1derbike

Arkansas does an about-face of interpretation of Act 746, signed into law. Open carry now apparently legal, but all of law enforcement needs to get on board. Our Sheriff (Kelly Cradduck) has instructed his officers NOT to arrest citizens open carrying. This is an about face for him. I'm still trying to confirm that ALL of law enforcement is on the same page, especially the State Police, and local police. Until bullet-proof (pun intended) clarification to the law is written next session, for the time being it is legal.

I would hate to see legal precedent and case law cemented by the illegal arrest and charging of someone open carrying in legal venues, because all of LE is not on the same page.

Open Carry Is Legal In Arkansas, Say Lieutenant Governor And Attorney General | Fort Smith/Fayetteville News | 5newsonline KFSM 5NEWS

There are many police depts as well as county sheriffs who are saying the same thing. I've been OCing down here in Camden/Hampton/El Dorado without any issues. But There are still a few depts that refuse to follow the law and are threatening to arrest OCers on site. Its a shame that we have to sue our police force just to get them to follow the laws they swore to protect

There are many police depts as well as county sheriffs who are saying the same thing. I've been OCing down here in Camden/Hampton/El Dorado without any issues. But There are still a few depts that refuse to follow the law and are threatening to arrest OCers on site. Its a shame that we have to sue our police force just to get them to follow the laws they swore to protect
A damned shame. They are like the Obama administration illegally breaking the law at every opportunity.

I'm going to wait a bit before I decide to open carry. Too many rogue police forces here needing money for their coffers. I don't know why the act hasn't received more bullet proof wording.

Bottom line, I'm going to wait for case law, precedent before I do.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back