Arizona resident CWP in South Carolina

cpelayo17

I have a Arizona concealed weapons permit and have moved to South Carolina. I have a South Carolina drivers license. Arizona says that they will keep my CWP as long as I update my address. I have tried to reach out to SLED but keep getting put on hold with no resolution. Does anyone know for sure if I have to get a South Carolina CWP or can I use my Arizona CWP until it expires.

Your Arizona permit has become worthless. From http://handgunlaw.us/states/southcarolina.pdf:
Not as worthless as your comment.

While your "new" non-resident AZ CWP is in fact be invalid in SC as an SC resident, it is most assuredly useful if you intend to travel out of state until you obtain your resident CWP and even after that, specifically if you go to/through Georgia. The linked map will tell you why.

Welcome to South Carolina...

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

it is worthless to a resident of SC in SC, which is where I assume the OP would be spending the majority of his time. Like I said he needs to obtain a SC permit if he wants to conceal carry LEGALLY in SC

it is worthless to a resident of SC in SC, which is where I assume the OP would be spending the majority of his time. Like I said he needs to obtain a SC permit if he wants to conceal carry LEGALLY in SC
Did you even bother to read my post or did you just cherry pick the part that gives you a chance to argue? (Hint; that's a rhetorical question, the answer is obvious to everyone reading this.) I clearly stated that his non-resident AZ CWP is not valid in SC. Amazingly enough, that means that we're in agreement on the point you're arguing about. Good job.

While your "new" non-resident AZ CWP is in fact be invalid in SC as an SC resident, it is most assuredly useful if you intend to travel out of state until you obtain your resident CWP and even after that, specifically if you go to/through Georgia. The linked map will tell you why.

Welcome to South Carolina...

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

I was trying to make a point to assure that the OP understands this clearly. Yes, his AZ permit is still of some value when he is visiting other states (especially neighboring GA), but in terms of daily life in SC it is not.

The way I read his post he has a RESIDENT Arizona permit which is honored in SC. SC will give him a grace period where his Arizona permit will be valid but he must get a SC permit.

The way I read his post he has a RESIDENT Arizona permit which is honored in SC. SC will give him a grace period where his Arizona permit will be valid but he must get a SC permit.

Any source for that grace period?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back