Arizona CCW License

RRGlock23

I have a question about Arizona CCW License. If you are moving in Arizona. Do Arizona CCW License required to be resident for 60 to 90 days? Then you can taking a ccw class and get a AZ ccw license, correct?

RRGLOCK, I don't think that there is a wait time for residence. The only requirement is that you take the ccw class in AZ. Even out of staters can take it and get a ccw.
I'm not a lawyer or ccw instructor or even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so take this info for what it's worth. OPINION!
Go here: Concealed Weapons & Permits - Arizona Department of Public Safety

Correct...there is NO residency requireement:

Link Removed

E. The department of public safety shall issue a permit to an applicant who meets all of the following conditions:

1. Is a resident of this state or a United States citizen.

Nope, AZ issues non-resident permits. Keep in mind once you become an AZ resident you cannot legally CCW in AZ without an AZ permit unless you have a State that has a written reciprocity agreement and your out of State reciprocal license or permit is valid. Keep in mind that some States that do not issue non-resident CCWs automatically invalidate their CCW once a CCW holder ceases to become a resident of the issuing jurisdiction. Recognition is not extended to AZ residents. That's why AZ DPS canceled the reciprocity agreement with Utah. AZ residents were getting UT CFPs instead of AZ CCW permits. Canceling the reciprocity agreement only affected AZ residents.

Nope, AZ issues non-resident permits. Keep in mind once you become an AZ resident you cannot legally CCW in AZ without an AZ permit unless you have a State that has a written reciprocity agreement and your out of State reciprocal license or permit is valid. Keep in mind that some States that do not issue non-resident CCWs automatically invalidate their CCW once a CCW holder ceases to become a resident of the issuing jurisdiction. Recognition is not extended to AZ residents. That's why AZ DPS canceled the reciprocity agreement with Utah. AZ residents were getting UT CFPs instead of AZ CCW permits. Canceling the reciprocity agreement only affected AZ residents.

If you become an AZ resident, you don't have to taking the ccw class, correct, if you have a state ccw with reciprocity, right?

I have a nevada ccw and florida ccw, both are reciprocity with AZ, so I don't need a AZ ccw if I move in and become an AZ resident, right?

But I really like to have one AZ ccw

Arizona Permit

Arizona revised statutes require you to obtain an Arizona permit once you establish residents here.
Good Luck,
The Gun Guy

Arizona revised statutes require you to obtain an Arizona permit once you establish residents here.
Good Luck,
The Gun Guy

Do you know what the AZ revised statues code of law? That require you to obtain an AZ permit if you lived in AZ.

Some of other mentioned that you don't need AZ ccw. If you have NV, or FL, or UT ccw, then it recognized AZ reciprocity.

Do you know what the AZ revised statues code of law? That require you to obtain an AZ permit if you lived in AZ.

Some of other mentioned that you don't need AZ ccw. If you have NV, or FL, or UT ccw, then it recognized AZ reciprocity.

Looks like this covers that:

Link Removed

U. This state and any political subdivision of this state shall recognize a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state if both:

1. The permit or license is recognized as valid in the issuing state.

2. The permit or license holder is all of the following:

(a) Not a resident of this state.

(b) Legally present in this state.

(c) Not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state.

Once you become a redident of Az. You must jump through all the required "hoops" and obtain an Az. Lisence.

AZ CCW Permit is pretty easy to obtain though, unlike some states. Inexpensive too - $60 for a 5 yr permit.

Welcome to AZ in advance.

Thanks you all for the more detail information. My firearm instructor mentioned if I have a Nevada and Florida ccw license I can use the NV or FLA ccw license if I move in and become an new AZ resident. I don't need AZ ccw permit.

But you guys encouraged me to get a AZ ccw permit, which is mean I will have three ccw licenses (NV, FL, and AZ), LOL :happy::lol:

AZ CCW Permit is pretty easy to obtain though, unlike some states. Inexpensive too - $60 for a 5 yr permit.

Welcome to AZ in advance.

I am excited to have a new life in AZ. :biggrin:

California is hard to get a ccw license. That is why I will move in AZ.

Welcome to Arizona

The Arizona CCW course is an 8 hour class, after the completion of the course you submit your application and finger print cards to the Department of Public Safety (DPS) along with $60.00 in certified funds (money order would do). Then you will receive a CCW card that is valid for 5 years. DPS then will send out a renewal application every 5 years as long as you keep your address current.
We teach the class, check us out at: Link Removed
The Gun Guy

I have question What is AZ's law for how many the limit rounds in magazine? I know California has the law limited 10 rounds in magazine.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back