Are you guys asleep in Kentucky

IOC

How in the world did you let this sneak through your senate? This is the first step to registering all guns with the feds.
Link Removed
Are you going to get a recall going on the senators who voted for this, especially for the guy who wrote it?
Tony Snesko
Founder
Idaho Carry, Open & Concealed

I was just reading about this. Being from Kansas, I don't have a dog in this fight, but if it can happen there, it can probably happen in other states too. And this isn't just new guns, it even goes as far back as antiques that are still active. It's true that Kentucky is a lib state, but it also has one of the highest number of gun owners.
And as if this isn't bad enough, you have to pay "a small fee" to have it done. I wonder how many criminals will show up to have their guns implanted?

So is it completely signed into law, or is this just passing the first step? Can't believe Kentucky would sign off on this.

See something like this happen in California, New York, or New Jersey wouldn't be all that surprising, but Kentucky?

I still had trouble believing this and went back and read it again, plus comments on it in other forums. When you read about the author and then her comments that follow below the article, the truth of it becomes suspect. It sounds more like wishful thinking on her part. Also she seems to be confusing RFID and GPS. And personally I don't think either one would work like she claims. Simple enough to disable either.

I still had trouble believing this and went back and read it again, plus comments on it in other forums. When you read about the author and then her comments that follow below the article, the truth of it becomes suspect. It sounds more like wishful thinking on her part. Also she seems to be confusing RFID and GPS. And personally I don't think either one would work like she claims. Simple enough to disable either.

Your right. What this writer claims is not currently possible. RFID chips have a very limited range, usually a about one to three feet and require an external inductive field to power the chip to activate the transmitter. The article compares this weapon RFID to the OnStar system. That service uses an integrated GPS to find out it's location and a built in cell phone with data capabilities to transmit coordinates and receive instructions such as unlocking the door if you left your keys inside. For something like this to be practical engineers would need to package an internal power supply that would need to last for years because it would always need to be on, a cell phone w/antenna and a GPS w/antenna into a device about the size of a large pistol primer. Ain't gonna happen in our lifetimes.

I don't think so. Like I said, it sounds more like wishful thinking on her part. If you read some of her comments below the article, she comes off as pretty flaky to put it mildly.

Flaky is being to kind. My adjective also started with an F but I can't write it here. :lol:

First: Kentucky legislature is not in session. Special session closed 2 or 3 weeks ago and the only thing on the agenda was redistricting and something on economic development. The only thing passed was HB1 (redistricting). Next: she calls KY a Blue state. Last time I check we were considered a Red state. Further, she does not list a senate bill number, nor does she list any authors or sponsors of the bill.

She also says that "all registered firearms within the state of Kentucky"...we do not register firearms in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

By the way: according to the election map on Politico, Clark County, KY went 64.4% Romney. Most definitely not "more...liberal than the rest of the state."

Please!! This "report", is LIES!! No such law was, nor would ever BE passed, in our great state!! That particular website is the online equivalent of the National Inquirer tabloid. The "reports" are fictitious, to illicit responses. Check out some of the other "reports"!! Like the one that states that there is a city in Louisiana, that is arming ALL students, K-12, with a .40 cal Glock!! It even has a pick of a "5th grader holding up her school issued Glock". LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back