Are they trying to make CT an Example?

SCfromNY

Attention Connecticut Gun Owners and Sportsmen - Next Round of Anti-Gun Law Provisions Take Effect on April 1

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME ??????

The last major round of provisions in Senate Bill 1160 (now Public Act 13-3), passed in the Connecticut General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Dan Malloy (D) last year, take effect on Tuesday, April 1.

EFFECTIVE ON APRIL 1, 2014:
•Individuals must apply for a “long gun eligibility certificate” through the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (“DESPP”) to purchase any rifle or shotgun. You are exempt from this requirement if you have a Connecticut permit to carry a pistol or revolver; a pistol or revolver retail sales permit; or a pistol or revolver eligibility certificate.
•The fee (tax) for this certificate is $35 and must be renewed every five years.
•You must complete a DESPP-approved firearms training course.
•You must submit fingerprints with your application and a fee of $50 for state fingerprints and $16.50 for federal fingerprints.
•The DESPP commissioner will have 60 days after the receipt of your application to issue the “long gun eligibility certificate,” which can then be presented to a licensed firearms dealer to purchase a long gun.

Attention Connecticut Gun Owners and Sportsmen - Next Round of Anti-Gun Law Provisions Take Effect on April 1

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME ??????

The last major round of provisions in Senate Bill 1160 (now Public Act 13-3), passed in the Connecticut General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Dan Malloy (D) last year, take effect on Tuesday, April 1.

EFFECTIVE ON APRIL 1, 2014:
•Individuals must apply for a “long gun eligibility certificate” through the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (“DESPP”) to purchase any rifle or shotgun. You are exempt from this requirement if you have a Connecticut permit to carry a pistol or revolver; a pistol or revolver retail sales permit; or a pistol or revolver eligibility certificate.
•The fee (tax) for this certificate is $35 and must be renewed every five years.
•You must complete a DESPP-approved firearms training course.
•You must submit fingerprints with your application and a fee of $50 for state fingerprints and $16.50 for federal fingerprints.
•The DESPP commissioner will have 60 days after the receipt of your application to issue the “long gun eligibility certificate,” which can then be presented to a licensed firearms dealer to purchase a long gun.

Citation please.

I believe that the "lawmakers" there are flummoxed as to how to force the newly-created thousands of felons to register their "assault-like" weapons. The, oh so smart legal eagles of CT are further embarrassed I've read that, reportedly, some two thirds of police officers in CT have not registered their legally-purchased "illegal" weapons and/or magazines!

So how do the "lawmakers" get the police to enforce their new law? I suppose the pompous-ass lawmakers could grow a pair and start collecting information or guns house by house. No, too cowardly. As long as they have someone (WITH GUNS) to enforce their And isn't it ironic that, while trying to decimate the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, lawmakers cannot enforce their own law because they are outgunned by the population? Talk about Karma!

This is the reason that we can NEVER ALLOW the government to disarm us. I just wish there were a way that we could let the CT people know they have a LOT of support throughout the country!

I do believe (and sincerely pray and hope) the American people fully realize that this big government is not working out. I now have more faith in my fellow citizens more than ever before that we will not go quietly, that we will not comply and that this is our line in the sand. Unlike Mr. Sotelo (Obama) our line has been drawn for over two hundred years, tested and paid for with blood. Finally, no more Brady Bills, no more reaching across the aisle and compromising the life out of our RIGHTS, no, gun control, here, no not this time. We are not Great Britain, Australia, Mexico or Good Germans turning in weapons.
On Facebook I posted on an anti-gun feed a very polite, informative response to their rabid “Turn in your guns, no one needs a gun” litany. I just so happened to list in my response the dreaded g word. No, not gun but God. I stated that we took Him out of our schools and government and this is what we have, a godless country. The response was “You gun nuts always invoke god, why don’t you go to Somalia, they have god their”. I replied, why don’t you go to the peace loving Mexicans, Canadians or the now ever popular new and improved USSR, they have no guns.

April 1st? Seems suspect.
The Historical (and Prophetic?) Significance of the Month of April for the USA

As we come to end of the month of March, I cannot help but reflect on the rapidity of prophetic events that have occurred since the beginning of this year. We have seen our nation drift further into the moral sewer with judges in six states overturning same sex marriage bans signed into law by majority votes--and recent polls show that a majority of Americans now favor gay marriage.

The United States and Russia relations have gotten a lot chillier in just the last month, with Vladimir Putin flexing his "Gog and Magog" muscles by invading and annexing Crimea. Can the annexation of all Ukraine be far behind now? The Cold War, which has been dead for 25 years, has been resurrected-and now Putin and Russia are now considered one of the biggest threats to global stability.

With the first quarter of the year nearly completed, what will April bring for the United States of America? Past history has shown that the month of April has not been very kind to our nation. Very ominous, major events have occurred in the USA since its inception within the month of April.

Here is a list of those events:

1. Start of American Revolutionary War - April 19, 1775.

2. Battle of San Jacinto/end of Texas Revolution - April 19-21, 1836.

3. Start of Mexican-American War - April 25, 1846.

4. Start of Civil War - April 12, 1861.

5. Abraham Lincoln assassinated - April 15, 1865.

6. Start of Spanish-American War - April 26, 1898.

7. 7.8 magnitude earthquake destroys 80% of San Francisco - April 18, 1906.

8. RMS Titanic sunk of the coast of Newfoundland (120 Americans drowned) - April 14, 1912.

9. Franklin D. Roosevelt announces U.S. will leave gold standard - April 19, 1933.

10. Bay of Pigs invasion failure - April 17-19, 1961.

11. Martin Luther King Jr. assassinated - April 4, 1968.

12. End of very unpopular Vietnam War - April 30, 1975.

13. ATF raid on Covenant of the Sword and the Arm of the Lord (CSA) - April 19-21, 1985 (linked to the Oklahoma City bombing a decade later).

14. Explosion on the USS Iowa (speculated to be an act of sabotage/suicide, but never proven) - April 19, 1989.

15. Waco/Branch Davidian raid by FBI/ATF - April 19, 1993.

16. Oklahoma City Bombing - April 19, 1995.

17. Columbine High School massacre - April 20, 1999.

18. Virginia Tech shooting massacre - April 16, 2007.

19. BP Oil disaster in the Gulf Coast - April 20, 2010.

20. The Boston Marathon bombings - April 15, 2013.

Now I know that some of you are probably wondering what this means and what does it have to do with Bible prophecy. To be honest with you, it could mean nothing. All of these events occurring in the month of April could be one big coincidence. And to tell the truth, none of them really have anything to do directly with Bible prophecy.

But the reason I am so concerned about April, 2014 is because of the United States Middle East Peace Agreement deadline, and what could happen because of our nation's constant pressure on the apple of God's Eye-the Nation of Israel.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said at the State Department on July 30, 2013:

Israeli and Palestinian negotiators will work toward a final status peace agreement over the next nine months. We cannot pass along to another generation the responsibility of ending a conflict that is in our power to resolve in our time. They should not be expected to bear that burden and we should not leave it to them.

Exactly NINE MONTHS from the time that John Kerry made that statement is April 2014! Now do you understand why I am so concerned! John Kerry has been to the Middle East now a record twelve times to establish what he calls "peace and security" between Israel and the Palestinians!

"While they are saying, 'Peace and Safety!' then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape" (1 Thessalonians 5:3).

I have recently seen articles and stories that Obama and Kerry are trying to extend the deadline for "Peace." But, Israel and the Palestinians want nothing to do with that. We all know how the LORD GOD feels about anyone who tries to divide His land and His holy city, Jerusalem. But it has become more than obvious that the wicked ungodly leaders in our nation's capital will never learn.

"And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it" (Zechariah 12:3).

The month of April could very well come and go without anything happening next month. There is a very good chance nothing will happen or occur. But how long will our LORD tolerate the U.S. pressuring His nation Israel to give up their land, without catastrophic consequences? Please continue to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and Israel (and their salvation!)...and that our nation yields to the leading of the Holy Spirit and repents!

Genesis 12:1-3:

"Now the Lord had said to Abram:

'Get out of your country,

From your family

And from your father's house,

To a land that I will show you.

I will make you a great nation;

I will bless you

And make your name great;

And you shall be a blessing.

I will bless those who bless you,

And I will curse him who curses you;

And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.'"

Tommy Hunter

I believe that the "lawmakers" there are flummoxed as to how to force the newly-created thousands of felons to register their "assault-like" weapons. The, oh so smart legal eagles of CT are further embarrassed I've read that, reportedly, some two thirds of police officers in CT have not registered their legally-purchased "illegal" weapons and/or magazines!

So how do the "lawmakers" get the police to enforce their new law? I suppose the pompous-ass lawmakers could grow a pair and start collecting information or guns house by house. No, too cowardly. As long as they have someone (WITH GUNS) to enforce their And isn't it ironic that, while trying to decimate the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, lawmakers cannot enforce their own law because they are outgunned by the population? Talk about Karma!

This is the reason that we can NEVER ALLOW the government to disarm us. I just wish there were a way that we could let the CT people know they have a LOT of support throughout the country!

Lib-o-rats NEVER think anything through! They seem to believe that they make a decree and then it just happens like magic! Libs do not get how much work is involved in their idiotic ideas.

But we are not suppose to convict them for the fact that their stupid idea does not work. We are suppose to applaud them for caring enough to propose something AND their idea is not working because we are not spending enough money on it!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back