Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there???

Now I am really worried! I had no idea there were so many armed bikers out there! I thought I was the only one :) As to the question, as mentioned, if your unloaded weapon is secured locked in a locked container and your ammo is in another bag, you should be ok in states that do not have CCW or reciprocity. Before I got my permit, this was the way I had to transport to the range.

Now days I just use my Kolster IWB as my coat covers it even in wind but when it warms up I have one of the T-shirt holster for my XD-40 with the Ruger LCP or LCR in my tank bib.

I am sad to see some of the thoughtless posts creeeping into this site. I have noticed several in other topics as well. This site has always been a kind of safe haven from some of the nonsense on many of the other sites. I REALLY hate to see it on this topic. A bike is a bike, two wheels is two wheels. I have a Honda but it is a Shadow. Kind of makes me reconsider a Gold Wing as I do not want to be associated with that kind of attitude. Maybe a Victory or an Indian would be better! Nothing worse than a biker with an attitude :sarcastic:

Ride safe, ride often, but RIDE! :yu:

Goldwingers don't have attitudes, yea right and guns don't go boom..........Harley Ultra Classic, and Turbo Suzuki Hayabusa, and both the better half and I carry while riding

Then maybe you need a Bimota or a Ducatti. :sarcastic:

Well the local shop had a big open house/demo ride deal yesterday road a Triumph Rocket III one of those new BMW 1000 RR, the Rocket road like a high powered limosine, the Beemer, was probably the strongest unmodifide streetbike I have ever riddin, 400 lbs and 170 HP, and after the rides, I would never trade the Harley, or my Busa for ether one:no:

When I ride I wear my shoulder holster, it stays well concealed & is still easy to get to. On warmer days I wear a shirt that will cover it when I wear it on my belt. So do what is comfortable for you.

I have 3 riding jackets and they all have a nice, large inside pocket or two. That's where the piece goes (LCP or P2000SK). On the rare occasion I'm not wearing a jacket, I put my LCP in my back pocket....unchambered of course. I don't want the vibration from the cycle to cause a discharge. Don't know if that's ever happened before but I don't want to be the first!

BikePics - Bill's Member Page on BikePics.Com

So when you have your Ruger in your Tank Bib, what do you do when you go inside somewhere? DO you leave it in the bib??
What is the "T-Shirt" holster you speak of.. Sound's interesting..
Hoot, I read it all but I don;t see where you ever got an answer to this question. Maybe you've found it for yourself by this time, but - if not - try these links...

Guntee

Link Removed

5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt

Link Removed

Link Removed

There are others, but these will give you the idea.

I found these interesting, too...

Link Removed

I ride a Victory Kingpin. When I do ride it is concealed on my hip. With the custom holster I have I can wear a long Tee shirt and not have it show. Would rather have it on my person than locked up in a trunk. Doesn't do you any good locked in a trunk.:fie:

I have a sportbike, just applied for my permit so I have no experience. However, my friend carries his taurus 9mm in the under seat compartment. If I were going to, I would probably have a shoulder holster that buttons or something. I dont want it falling off if I have to tear up some twisties! Im sure all those harley guys dont have that problem though.

Hoot, I read it all but I don;t see where you ever got an answer to this question. Maybe you've found it for yourself by this time, but - if not - try these links...

Guntee

Link Removed

5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt

Link Removed

Link Removed

There are others, but these will give you the idea.

I found these interesting, too...

Link Removed

Those are some great choices.. Thanx for sharing the info..

There are 150,000 GWRRA members who will take exception to your stupid remark about motorcycles not having trunks. They have a trunk, two saddle bags that lock, two front compartments, one of which locks and compartments for extra storage under the side speakers. ON second thought maybe you'd better leave your gun at home. I think we'd all be alot safer.

I'm sorry if that gentleman upset you. Perhaps his bike is not an ultra, like yours.. Did you get out of bed on the wrong side, today?

Another option

I have been with this threads for quite a while and seen many ways to carry, not usre if it has been brought up before, but a tank bag (magnetic) has turned into my preferred way to carry in states where I am permitted (have Florida CWP)...it allows me quick access when I am riding in "questionable areas"...When in states that I am not permitted I just break the gun, ammo and place in locked container and bags...:pleasantry:

I had heard that some people considered Harley riders snobs or unfriendly.
Obviously it isn't the make of bike that brings out that behavior.
It is the character of the individual.
Fred
1947 Knucklehead
1950 Panhead
2005 Electra Glide Police.

When riding I carry left handed using a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster.
It is the best holster I have found for retention and proper draw technique.
I have maintained control of my pistol in the holster even during a crash.
I practice shooting left handed.
as for lockable storage cabelas has this TSA approved lockable case the link is here:
Link Removed

I gave up on the radio for my Bagger instead I installed this glove box door in it's place:
Sealed Glove Box Door for Standard
Now I can't say that anything I write is truth you must confirm the legality of anything you do.
You are the one that will pay the consequences.

"There are two types of motorcycle riders, those that have crashed and those that are going to crash"
Good luck,
Fred

Just got my California ccw and have wondered a bit about how I'll carry and ride. I've read through this whole thread and haven't seen my #1 concern even mentioned - and that is this: if carrying in any type of holster or pocket do any of you consider what damage would be done to your body if you fell on the weapon? Ouch! I've experienced cracked ribs before and don't care for a repeat. Yeah, I'd like to think my crashing days are all behind me...

Just got my California ccw and have wondered a bit about how I'll carry and ride. I've read through this whole thread and haven't seen my #1 concern even mentioned - and that is this: if carrying in any type of holster or pocket do any of you consider what damage would be done to your body if you fell on the weapon? Ouch! I've experienced cracked ribs before and don't care for a repeat. Yeah, I'd like to think my crashing days are all behind me...

I smacked some major asphalt last fall on my Bonneville. My pistol was in a shoulder bag, and although the bag was a little roughed up, the gun was flat, so it didn't add to the damage on my body. There was an awkward moment where I had stripped off my bag and jacket and set them on the ground so I could assess my body damage, and as the EMTs were strapping me to a board (totally didn't need it) I said to my husband, chatting away with the cops about what kind of guns they carried, "Um, Hon, could you get my bag please? Kinda important."

I landed hard on my ribs, enough so that I couldn't breathe and actually motioned for my husband to resuscitate me. If I had my gun in a side holster, it would have meant several broken ribs, I am absolutely certain.

Well maybe it's just us Triumph riders who are concerned with cracking ribs. I have a '99 Daytona. Have never crashed it and don't want to.

Do NOT recommend it. Cost 3K to replace headlight, tailpipe, indicators, and forks. I was even hoping, as I was bleeding on the side of the highway, that I could finally get those dumb mag wheels replaced with some sweet spokes. But no. No wheel damage whatsoever.

Yes, I have thought about this as my prefered carry position is right hip owb holster, i know it would hurt but I still prefer to keep it there

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back