Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there???

Not blaming you for the way the thread drifted, Hoot. The posters who've dragged it into the mud can read for themselves who they are. It's just disappointing to be brought back to reality and be reminded that this forum, as well as the biker community, has it's share of dipshits that must be tolerated in order to participate. I see there's some overlapping involved, too. Too bad many of them don't have to common sense (or common courtesy!) to realize that, since they seem to have nothing worthwhile to contribute to the discussion, they should be content to read. There's something to be said for reading your comments as another person would see it and editing - or deleting! - accordingly before pulling the trigger...

Meanwhile, Back at the ranch.......

Thanks to all that recomended the Supertuck holster from Crossbreed. It is a great bike holster, even for a Ruger P-95. I can't wait to get one for the Bersa for when I'm not wearing the jacket.

As far as the other stuff goes. I ride a HD Heritage Softail & I'll check on anyone who looks like they are in trouble no matter what they ride, even a scooter on ocasion ! ( Knew a guy who rode a Honda Scooter from Jersey to Cali once, No thanks) I work in Nascar & know people who ride everything from 50k choppers to canyon carvers & would be missing out on a lot of good people if you get into that brand warfare. Don't mind a liitle good natured ribbing though.:laugh:

Hoot that remark from NRA was totaly uncalled for, I'm am not going to get into a Harley vs Honda debate but one thing I will say with personal experiance is by and large the Harley guys are a ton more freindly to deal with than wingers, now this is comeing from a guy thats had both, so please excuse this (persons) remark he does not represent the forum, at present I ride a 08 Ultra Classic, and for a little excitement a Turbocharged Hayabusa, ok a lot of excitement:laugh:.......now in answer to you question, personaly I use a ankle rig with a 442 Smith in it, seems to work well with ether bike, mostly for the Busa, on the Harley theres several hidy holes to stash a weapon, a nice windsheild bag works real well, also those compartments in the leg fairings also work well

couple of different holsters depending on which bike I ride. inside vest pocket/paddle or ankle. diferent rides
92 fxstc/99flstc/05 flhtpi

I have a CCW and two Harleys - both without locking compartments (guess I need a GW as well?). I do check out the state laws before I carry into that state - i.e. you cannot have a gun on a mc without a ccw license in New Mexico. Usual carry is a 45 in a shoulder rig or a derringer in the back pocket or both. I also need to get a lockable box, or put a lock on one of my saddle bags, for those infrequent times I'd like to visit a "no weapon" zone, so I would appreciate any suggestions as well.

BTW, most bikers I've met are usually polite, HD or GW.

Remember, an armed society is a polite society!

I also need to get a lockable box, or put a lock on one of my saddle bags, for those infrequent times I'd like to visit a "no weapon" zone, so I would appreciate any suggestions as well.

You didn't say what kind of Harley you have, but it looks like there are some options out their for some Harley bags..

Bag Locks

I have a Road King Classic (leather saddlebags, no locks), but I do know lock kits are available ($75 up though), and a Low Rider (no bags). I will try to find one on the cheap (E-Bay or similar). Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a Road King Classic (leather saddlebags, no locks), but I do know lock kits are available ($75 up though), and a Low Rider (no bags). I will try to find one on the cheap (E-Bay or similar). Thanks for the suggestion.
These cagers(cars):pleasantry: have lock boxes(cushioned)with a cable to lock to the seat frame.... For your bike, you might look into getting same box and drop it into your s/bag and lock onto a part of your mc frame(it would also give you a place to put money;reg;insur;spare key;etc.).... Good luck !
OOPS.... I got this sent to me on email and answered without really reading 1st..... sorry for the repeat........I've tried to cut out these email notices......

I allwayse carry on my person when I ride where possible, Not that I expect any kind of shootout while riding, But the whole reason to carry in the first place is to be prepared to use it in the unfortunate event you have to.

I ride with a back pack all the time ( my RR has no bags or space under the seat what so ever) so if I need to carry anything it goes into the camel pack....If and when I get my permit I'll probably just keep it in the pack, it's not like I can shoot it while I ride anyway,

BTW what do you guys ride???

I have a 2007 honda CBR RR
newbikepics071.jpg

When you do start carrying you may want to practice, with your weapon unloaded, possably keeping your weapon where its accessable and drawing with your left hand, this will still give you your right to get the throttle, and you can shift without the clutch, protecting us (my wife and myself) while riding is one of the biggest reasons WE got our permits

We have a local Motorcycle Apparel shop and get it from them, She doesn't usually do Mail Order, but you could call her and see if she would mail-order or at least tell you where she get's them from, so they can tell you someone local that might have them.. She sells them for $35..
Recycled Cycle Inc. - Home

Peachie should answer the phone, please tell her that HootmonHarry and Lexe sent you..

Thanx

Great link, hootmonsccy, thanks!

Now I am really worried! I had no idea there were so many armed bikers out there! I thought I was the only one :) As to the question, as mentioned, if your unloaded weapon is secured locked in a locked container and your ammo is in another bag, you should be ok in states that do not have CCW or reciprocity. Before I got my permit, this was the way I had to transport to the range.

Now days I just use my Kolster IWB as my coat covers it even in wind but when it warms up I have one of the T-shirt holster for my XD-40 with the Ruger LCP or LCR in my tank bib.

I am sad to see some of the thoughtless posts creeeping into this site. I have noticed several in other topics as well. This site has always been a kind of safe haven from some of the nonsense on many of the other sites. I REALLY hate to see it on this topic. A bike is a bike, two wheels is two wheels. I have a Honda but it is a Shadow. Kind of makes me reconsider a Gold Wing as I do not want to be associated with that kind of attitude. Maybe a Victory or an Indian would be better! Nothing worse than a biker with an attitude :sarcastic:

Ride safe, ride often, but RIDE! :yu:

Now days I just use my Kolster IWB as my coat covers it even in wind but when it warms up I have one of the T-shirt holster for my XD-40 with the Ruger LCP or LCR in my tank bib.

So when you have your Ruger in your Tank Bib, what do you do when you go inside somewhere? DO you leave it in the bib??
What is the "T-Shirt" holster you speak of.. Sound's interesting..

If I'm riding longer distances, or it's really hot, I will put my pistol in my Tank bag, but the bag is held on magnetically, so I can take it in with me when I stop and get off..

So when you have your Ruger in your Tank Bib, what do you do when you go inside somewhere? DO you leave it in the bib??

If I'm riding longer distances, or it's really hot, I will put my pistol in my Tank bag, but the bag is held on magnetically, so I can take it in with me when I stop and get off..

Just to add a little bit of info.... For you pip's that ride, but haven't used a tank bag..... My best T-bag system is a magnetic attached one as well.... but most, if not all, come with a quick disconnect anchor strap, so that someone can't do a snatch and run, or for some reason the bike/bag might be subject to a hit/fall the bag still won't go anywhere..... Click(strap)... lift(bag).... You have the cc with you always..... another thing for those worried about getting to the cc quickly most bags come with 2 zip-tabs that will meet anywhere .... So I put the zip tabs near the carry handle on the bag and unzip enough to reach into the bag if needed without having to unzip...... and people still can't see in the bag......

I have a permit to carry concealed but 90% of the time you will find me on my '81 GoldWing open carrying. The only time it is concealed is when my jacket covers it on cold(er) days.

My current ride is a 1200 Bandit, fortunately with locking hard bags and matching tail pack...normally carry in a specially made fannypack when I'm off bike, and put the fannypack in a tankbag while riding. Has worked well for me over the years.

My tank bib has a glass case attached that you twist and remove. I just stick it in my pocket as a BUG and to prevent theft. As far as the shirt,, there are may brands out there that have a pistol holder sewn in under one arm or you can by an elastic harness that you can easily remove. They all work but here is one link I know of:

CCWSUPPLY.BIZ - Conceal Carry Vests and Clothing

Wading through the garbage, my thoughts are just those, mine...

I travel everywhere with a tank bag on my bikes. I usually keep a pistol in there. After running the situation by a few LEOs, their opinion is that it's like a glove box in a car; out of plain sight, not on my person. From reading some laws pertaining to the situation and those discussions, I'm comfortable with it. Now, taking the tank bag off and carrying it into an establishment, that's another story...

A lot depends on which state issued your CWP and reciprcol aggreements. I have had no trouble (Florida CWP) in any of the the states I normally travel to. Whatever carry requirement are in your state are pretty much the same in the recipocal states. However when you travel to states that do not honor your CWP or in some cases no CWP I would read up on the best way to transport a weapon. Most cases you must unload the weapon, use a gun lock, plus case and separate and secure ammo away from gun. And definitely don't cross over into Canada with you weapon. I never travel out of town without my gun (s) and I just plain avoid states where I cannot carry when riding. Enjoy your ride and your CWP.:pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back