Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there???

I ride as often as possible. The wind often blows your shirt up enough to reveal your firearm. People have a tendency to get nervous when they see you with a firearm on a bike. I suggest a belly band or a pistol pete vest or jacket. I wear the vest in summer and the jacket during the winter months. Each has a zippered compartment to concear your firearm from view. It also distributes the weaght and makes it more comfortable. Ride Safe

Lonewolf

I ride with a back pack all the time ( my RR has no bags or space under the seat what so ever) so if I need to carry anything it goes into the camel pack....If and when I get my permit I'll probably just keep it in the pack, it's not like I can shoot it while I ride anyway,

BTW what do you guys ride???

I have a 2007 honda CBR RR
newbikepics071.jpg

I can't argue with any of the comments made, not even the one's about the "wing" riders....I ride a FLHTCUI <grin>. So anyway, I ride with a variety of applications and one of my favorites is my KelTec .380 with CorBon Hollow Points on a clip IWB. Honestly, I forget I have it on at times as it's that comfortable. As the saying goes, what good is a gun if it's at home in the drawer. I've never had to draw it and hope to never have to either. It doesn't have the knock down power of larger guns I have carried but it does give me peace of mind as I'm a very accomplished shot; no brag, just fact. That and the fact I try to not put myself in situations where it might be needed; i.e. be aware of your surroundings. It's OK to roll on down the street or go around the block - life is good.

Im going from Mi. to Tn. on my scooter in a week, I looked at the map and it looks as though all states in my way recognize my CCW...BUT can I carry going through them all? Or should I lock it up to be safe, even though that makes me un-easy

All good suggestions, but I would go with the fanny pack. Secure the pack in the side bags, tour pack, or back pack. When you stop for gas or food, just throw the fanny pack on. I wouldn't want to be taking the gun out to put IWB where others may see me doing it.
Also if wearing it while riding, I would be afraid of losing it. That's why wallets have chains on them!!

BBJ
FLHTCUI :pleasantry:

I carry on my bike all the time. I carry a SIG 229 .40, or an HK USP .45 full size, IWB with a Kholster and it never shows...It is also very comfortable...

Ricky1944

I take a lot of back roads and end up in some strange places, (GPS is funny that way) I have been carrying an over under derringer which I can place in the pocket of my leathers or even a vest jacket...never had to use it, hope I never do, but feel a lot better when the GPS sends me to strange places...good riding

Bike trip

Just got back from my run to the dragons tail in TN. from MI. Un-eventfull trip, had a great time. Carried in a pocket holster in my vest most of the time. I carry a Kel Tec P3AT, very small and light. Thanks to all for the info...Later

Have traveled 6000 to 7000 miles on my bike with my Supertuck, tee shirt and leather vest. Vest is too short to cover gun but I wear a longer tee shirt and it has never blown or otherwise raised up to uncover weapon. Believe me, I check it all the time, especially when freeway riding and like I said, never once exposed. Have S&W M&P 40compact which is not at all small in the butt/grip.

There are 150,000 GWRRA members who will take exception to your stupid remark about motorcycles not having trunks. They have a trunk, two saddle bags that lock, two front compartments, one of which locks and compartments for extra storage under the side speakers. ON second thought maybe you'd better leave your gun at home. I think we'd all be alot safer.

Wow, You goldwing riders as a snobby bunch. Worse than most harley riders. Not every bike and rider, have or
need a trunk, sadle bags, or expecially speakers. If you have a stereo on your bike maybe you should give up your permit and get some knitting needles. Dosen't feel good when you are put down by someone you haven't met, does it. It was a simple question. If you cant answer it shut up, and wait for someone who can.

I have a shoulder holster that I usually carry mine in, but unfortunaly my bike has 22" apes, so when riding it becomes visible so it goes in my vest gun pocket until I stop riding. and yes I have been lit up because it was seen by a driver and reported to and officer of the law....

Metric
SAA WPMC

Look to Federal Law for carrying through non-reciprocal states

Someone asked about transporting through non-reciprocal states, and Canada. First the first question.

1) When traveling through a state that doesn't honor your CCW permit, you have two choices. Abide by the law, or carry anyway and risk the consequences. While i understand the philosophy behind carrying anyway (and have been tempted), we all represent the gun-owning public every time we carry, and i advocate for safe storage in those places that prefer you as a potential victim rather than an empowered, law abiding citizen. Ahem. anyway, Federal Law (trumps state law) allows you to take a handgun or long gun, if properly secured, from any place in this country where you lawfully may possess the firearm to any other place in the country where you may lawfully possess the firearm. Note i did not say CARRY. It must be locked in a secure container, placed in the trunk if you have one or away from your person if you don't, and unloaded with ammo stored also out of your reach. A motorcycle is simply considered a vehicle without any compartment separate from the driver's compartment.

Cite: TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926APrev | Next § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

2) Canada - need to research current law. Last time i went into Canada, i was required to check my pistol (being lawfully transported under ss926A above) with the Canadian border agents, and pick it up on my return. The agent was a snotty little 15 year old (anyway, i dont' think he even had to shave once a week)who started playing with my gun - no lie. I watched him pop the (empty) mag in, dry fire the gun, rack the slide, and i told him very clearly how little i appreciated him playing with my property, let alone a firearm. His response was unintelligible, but he must have known he was being very stupid, because he quickly set the gun down in the case and closed it up. Gave me a receipt for it. Getting it back was even worse - they treated me like i was Al Capone, but i suffered and got the pistol back. What a clusterf**k that was. In my mind, taking a pistol to Canada is not worth the trouble. Trying to sneak it in would be insane.

Good luck!

Someone asked about transporting through non-reciprocal states, and Canada. First the first question.

Cite: TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926APrev | Next § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Good luck!

Thank you for your response..

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I carry ITW whenever I ride. I also often ride strapped to my hip along with the one ITW on long trips. If there is a state en route that doesn't honor my CCW, I avoid that state. Shucks, we're riding! No problem with a little detour!!

Wow, You goldwing riders as a snobby bunch. Worse than most harley riders. Not every bike and rider, have or
need a trunk, sadle bags, or expecially speakers. If you have a stereo on your bike maybe you should give up your permit and get some knitting needles. Dosen't feel good when you are put down by someone you haven't met, does it. It was a simple question. If you cant answer it shut up, and wait for someone who can.

I have a shoulder holster that I usually carry mine in, but unfortunaly my bike has 22" apes, so when riding it becomes visible so it goes in my vest gun pocket until I stop riding. and yes I have been lit up because it was seen by a driver and reported to and officer of the law....

Metric
SAA WPMC
Now listen to you...I'm a Harley rider...you've never met me...I'm not an a-hole like you just stated...what's wrong here?

Metric
SAA WPMC
Now listen to you...I'm a Harley rider...you've never met me like "most" other Harley riders...I'm not an a-hole like you just stated...what's wrong here?

Wow, You goldwing riders as a snobby bunch. Worse than most harley riders. . . Metric
SAA WPMC

Man, this is some f'ing thread! So much for the "Brotherhood" of Bikers, eh? Seems to me if you can't put this bullshit aside and just be a "brother", in the general rider sense, you should steer clear of other riders entirely.

Not for nothin', but just the other day I came across two bikers off by the side of the road. I slowed down long enough to signal 'You guys OK?', and got the "OK" sign back, but it occurs to me that I never even noticed what the bikes were. It doesn't MATTER!!

Come on, for crissake! If we aren't looking out for one another, who the hell is? Beyond that, from a Gun standpoint, if the SHTF, what personality traits are you cultivating that would have anyone able to count on YOU to 'have their back'?? There are some here I would definitely want somewhere far away.

Man, this is some f'ing thread! So much for the "Brotherhood" of Bikers, eh?

Hey, I started the thread, but have no responsibility for the way it went.. I just wanted to know how people carry on a bike..
I don't care what you ride..
If you ride a GW, great for you..
If you ride a HD, great for you,
If you ride a 1983 Suzuki, great for you..
What you ride does not make you a better or worse person..
Every group has it's good people and it's A55Holes... I find less of the latter in general in bikers, but we have our few.. Bikers in general have a big heart and are some of the most giving / caring people you can be around.. Not sure what's up with the few, but I hope the rest of us wear off on the few sooner or later..

Still awaiting my CCW permit.. Probably at least another month, the way things are going in Floriduh..

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back