Are People Really Beginning To Understand?

I like this one: This isn't formatting right, but the first numbers are dates, the second number is Yes, the third No, and the last Unsure.

"Now, thinking about your own situation: Do you have a gun in your home?"

Yes No Unsure
% % %
10/4-7/07 42 57 1
10/9-12/06 43 54 3
10/13-16/05 40 59 1
10/11-14/04 38 61 1

How can you be "unsure"??? Unless you have them and just don't want to tell the pollster. I'd have to find out who was polling me before I told them I have guns in the house anyway . . .

Where was this poll taken?

Sounds to me like only people from the "LEFT COAST" and/or "EAST COAST" voted in this poll.

If you add less strict and as they are now it is a tie with more strict.

Also if you look at the earlier polls you will see it is trending our way with fewer and fewer wanting more strict guns laws. It was at 65% now is at 49% so slowly things are heading our way.

sure would be nice to see people getting educated on guns and how much good they do. and how the good out weighs the bad by a long shot.

I am disappointed and a bit surprised about this. At least most people do say they believe the 2A is an individual right.

I find this interesting. Most people (a majority) don't own a gun. Therefore they really don't know how hard it is to buy one. But, in their ignorance, most people (a majority) think it should be harder.

I have a friend who recently purchased his first handgun. Or tried. He was denied because he had an unpaid littering ticket (mistake, the ticket was paid, but had been entered into the system twice) that had resulted in a bench warrant. After a phone call or two, he was cleared and now enjoys days at the range with his 10mm.

I wish citizens of this nation would behave responsibly, and answer with intellectual honesty that they are unsure what it really takes, so are unsure what is needed.

People are confusing

I know this was posted awhile ago but I had to comment on 2 poll questions. The ABC News Poll. April 22, 2007. N=788 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3.5. Fieldwork by TNS.

First people where asked: "Do you favor or oppose stricter gun control laws in this country?"
Favor: 61% Opposed: 36% Unsure: 3%

Then one of the other questions was: "What do you think is the best way to reduce gun violence in this country: by passing stricter gun control laws, or by stricter enforcement of existing laws?"
Stricter Laws: 29% Stricter Enforcement: 52% Both (vol.): 9% Neither (vol.): 8% Unsure: 1%

This makes absolutely no sense to me. You would think both these poll numbers would be the same. I just don't understand people. I friend of mine gave me a great explanation for people. He said must people sleep walk through life. Those must have been the 788 people who took this poll.

sleep walk

I know this was posted awhile ago but I had to comment on 2 poll questions. The ABC News Poll. April 22, 2007. N=788 adults nationwide. Moe ± 3.5. Fieldwork by TNS.

First people where asked: "Do you favor or oppose stricter gun control laws in this country?"
Favor: 61% Opposed: 36% Unsure: 3%

Then one of the other questions was: "What do you think is the best way to reduce gun violence in this country: by passing stricter gun control laws, or by stricter enforcement of existing laws?"
Stricter Laws: 29% Stricter Enforcement: 52% Both (vol.): 9% Neither (vol.): 8% Unsure: 1%

This makes absolutely no sense to me. You would think both these poll numbers would be the same. I just don't understand people. I friend of mine gave me a great explanation for people. He said must people sleep walk through life. Those must have been the 788 people who took this poll.

I think we as a whole seem to have lost the ability to think or reason in this country. I don't know how many of you ever saw the John Carpenter movie, They Live. It came out in the 80's I think. It was about a time when aliens from outer space had managed to put humans under mind control through subliminal messages. Every one was in a funk and could not see until they put on specially glasses. America seems to be in a kind of stupor and can not see what is happening to them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back