Are online courses acceptable?

In my experience, all the education and online courses don't mean a hill of beans when the caca hits the fan. The bullets start flying and the cordite fills the air, clicking a box on the internet won't help you one bit.

I believe NRA approved courses that require you take it in person are better. This gives you and others the ability to ask questions and get answers about your particular state and local laws. You don't get that with on-line courses. Most in-person classes usually include range time and instruction also. Some states do not recognize on-line courses, or recognize CC permits from states that do.

In my experience, all the education and online courses don't mean a hill of beans when the caca hits the fan. The bullets start flying and the cordite fills the air, clicking a box on the internet won't help you one bit.
I agree, though in fairness pretty much all CCW training goes out the window during a lethal force encounter. Range qualification is equaly worthless. What counts is reguler practice.

Virginia will allow a hunting license or CHP with just an online course. In fact, you can just take the hunting course and skip the dedicated CHP training. The gun safety module of the hunting course meets the CHP requirements.

Should you be able to get a license with an online course and never touching a gun in your life? Sure, I eschew bureaucracy as much as the next man. Do I think you should be carrying a gun without some practical training, no.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back