Are guns the best crime deterant?

skipjack_1st

Good article DrDavid. Thanks for posting. Now to forward that puppy around to a few more who should, (i.e. need to), read it.:icon_wink:

Red Hat

Good article. LE was the first to object to having CC in states. After they saw the writing on the wall how armed citizens have deterred crime they have done an about face. Most LE agencies now support CC. I'm glad to see them weigh in on the upcoming SC case!

sqlbullet

While an armed citizenry is certainly not the sort to be victimized, neither are guns the best crime deterrent long term. Proper education in home of the value of life, the importance of integrity and a strong character with correct values is the best crime deterrent. Raise a generation that contains no criminals, and there will be no crime.

A bonus to having raised a generation that understand correct principles is they will not trade away their rights for security.

CLAYBROOK

Proper education in home of the value of life, the importance of integrity and a strong character with correct values is the best crime deterrent. Raise a generation that contains no criminals, and there will be no crime.

+1, but since that's not happening, I think I'll carry a gun.

sqlbullet

The paradox of an entire society that understand their rights and accept their responsibilities. They will all carry a gun they will never have use against another member of their society.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForwardUntilDawn