Are feds stockpiling survival food?

HK4U

Don't worry, be happy

What does the government really know that they are not telling us.? Could it be things are a lot worse than we are told?

Are feds stockpiling survival food?

It's always a good idea to have a supply of food just in case, but this sounds more like unsupported sensationalism than anything else.

The main person who seems to be driving the "government is buying all the food" angle in this article is one source - and he owns a company that sells it. He has a definite financial stake in getting people to buy more of this type of food from him.

"We don't have shelters that [are being] stocked with food. We're not doing this for the public. My only conclusion is that they're stocking up for themselves," he said of government officials.
What officials exactly? Who? Middle management at FEMA? This is massive speculation.

Speculation???

It's always a good idea to have a supply of food just in case, but this sounds more like unsupported sensationalism than anything else.

The main person who seems to be driving the "government is buying all the food" angle in this article is one source - and he owns a company that sells it. He has a definite financial stake in getting people to buy more of this type of food from him.

What officials exactly? Who? Middle management at FEMA? This is massive speculation.

It is better to be like the ant and store up for the winter than be like the grasshopper and not prepare.

Gov. stores milk and cheese always. The rest would not be for us. Time is getting short.

It is better to be like the ant and store up for the winter than be like the grasshopper and not prepare.
I said it's good to prep. But, I think the guy in that article was just talking to strum up business.

The best thing is to save up regular things that will last a while, but you can use and rotate out. Honey doesn't spoil under normal conditions, and most dried fruit lasts a long time. Soy or whey powder has a long shelf life too.

The money used to buy things like canned butter ($5/can!) could be more usefully put into something more practical like raisins or protein. If the expensive canned butter ever gets near its expiration date...well...I dunno, there's just something disgusting about butter in a can. It's not meant to be eaten that way.

Store base crops like soybeans, peanuts, corn, rice, etc. You can make anything out of those with a makeshift lab. You can eat them as-is, make milk, butter, tofu, oil, a million different types of chemicals, or burn it as fuel. Rice powder can be used to make a bomb in a vapor mix.

Maybe even store crude oil, and you can trade it by the vial.

Last edited:
yeah, they are...

here's why: Link Removed

apparently everybody knows we are coming except us. this whole thing could get completely out of hand quickly. and by the way, the russkies have already said they will join in on this one.

here's why: Link Removed

apparently everybody knows we are coming except us. this whole thing could get completely out of hand quickly. and by the way, the russkies have already said they will join in on this one.

You know we have to fight in Iran and perhaps a few more places. We have not as yet got all of or our troops completely out of the U.S. and spread all over the world. We need to make sure we have plenty of troops every where in the world except right here in case we need them. Makes perfect sense to me. Not.

We will have to see what comes of the ruskies claiming the north poles oil and gas. The heat is going up.

indeed. The Cold War will not be cold much longer. anyone who tinks it was really ever over only decieves themselves.

The idea of food does deserve more attention. Civil service has closed down the area due to hurricaine concerns in the past. The local stores had empty shelves before I could get off from work. Subtract all the food stuffs that quickly spoil without electricity, the lack of daily delivery due to any upset, and the panic buying any major event would entail. Anyone know a good survival site?

The idea of food does deserve more attention. Civil service has closed down the area due to hurricaine concerns in the past. The local stores had empty shelves before I could get off from work. Subtract all the food stuffs that quickly spoil without electricity, the lack of daily delivery due to any upset, and the panic buying any major event would entail. Anyone know a good survival site?

Go to the top of the page and click on links. There is a survival category there with a number of good places to start.

Having been through three hurricanes where power was off for several weeks (2004-2005) I became a realist when it comes to "survival food"

First, unless you have a years supply stored, you really do not have survival food, you have "shortage" supplies. If you are prepareing for post hurricane, flood, earthquake etc, you are likely planning max two weeks. If you are planning war or nuke, that is a whole different story that likely isn't going to work anyway. So I am talking about the first.

We were always taught MRE's, Freeze Dried, Peanut Butter, Tuna Fish, Canned Goods, etc, etc, etc. BULL! The three most important things if you plan to hunker down during a long term power outage (which is what we are really worried about in these instances) is WATER (we keep 12 cases of half-liter bottles), a small generator and some gasoline (or whatever fuel for it), and a gas grill or camp stove (and fuel).

Then keep your freezer full of meat.

If the power goes off, you can move the meet to the fridge to help keep it cold, you can cook the meat as it thaws to have real meals, and the remainder will stay frozen for days. Twice a day you need to power up the generator and run the fridge for a few hours. Every few days, run the freezer for a few hours. With a Honda 2000 watt generator, we used this routine to maintain refrigeration and unspoiled (albiet thawed in the end) food for two weeks on five gallons of gasoline.

In the end, after doing it three times, my MRE's (actually Mountain House) are still on the shelf, and we use the other stuff like normal still keeping a reasonable supply on hand. I am planning to move three days of MRE's to a "jump kit" with a water purifier and other esentials for the road because in an evacuation is where they would really be handy. (One does not evacuate for hurricanes in South Florida because it is too dangerous of getting caught on the road.)

If food for more than a few weeks is under consideration, I think more important would be ammo both for defense but more for hunting and a way to purify water, because if life is not back to relative normal (services available) after a month, it is not going to be for a long, long time and eating freeze dried for a year is just delaying the adjustment.

Deep well hand pump. All is not with out water.

Absolutely if there is access to a well. I carry an MSR miniworks water filter coupled with a chemical treatment if needed to be able to convert surface runoff into potable water, because wise words KWO speaks:

All is not with out water!

LOL, russa, china,and North K with Iran, as well as some others, Can you say WWW3!! I can tell you how it will end. it will end with a bright light and a vary long winter for the whole world.

Not just, food, but also a Bible, lots of ammo, and lots of firearms. Just in case.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back