Are ammo supplies are still running lean in DFW stores?

Are ammo supplies still running lean in DFW stores?

I'm headed home to TEXAS in a few days! Woo-hoo!

Plan on doing lots of eating the first couple of days in town: Pappadeaux's, Joe T Garcia's, J Gilligan's, Pappasitos... mmmm!! Can't wait! :)

But, also plan on visiting the range some. Trying to determine whether I need to bring ammo with me though.

Does anyone know if ammo supplies are still running lean in DFW stores? I used to buy range ammo (the cheap stuff) at Cheaper than Dirt! and Wal-mart. ?? I'll need .40 S&W and 9mm. Anyone have any feedback?

Would appreciate any help you can provide me! Thanks!

Blessings...

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you get it as I may have messed up on the sending end.

Unless HK4U knows something I don't in his PM, I haven't had a lot of luck finding anything. I am sure there are spots you can get some in if you know the right sources, but I am not in the know. I keep watching the major retailers such as Academy, Walmart, Bass Pro, etc. It is catch as catch can.

Oh, and bring your shorts, we've already be hittin' the 100s. Not bad today but it is supposed to get back up there the rest of this week.

I've been lucky
the WalMart in Mansfield off of highway 287 had 9mm ammo the last 3 times I checked
anytime I'm in WM I go to the sporting goods dept to check anyway.
:laugh:

Wal-mart is where I have had most luck lately and pretty good prices. I usually get on the phone and start calling all of the stores in Tarrant County until I find one that has some or find none has any at the time.

I've been lucky
the WalMart in Mansfield off of highway 287 had 9mm ammo the last 3 times I checked
anytime I'm in WM I go to the sporting goods dept to check anyway.
:laugh:

AH HA! Now I know who has been getting there ahead of me. :) Actually I have been watching for .40 and .45 but I have gotten over there lately. Academy at the Parks has been empty too, but again, I haven't checked in a couple weeks. Been busy with family etc.

Seeing more on the shelves and some reduction in prices - but still high and probably will stay there.

Also - why would you eat at Joe Ts? Only the tourons go there or locals that take their out of town friends...

... why would you eat at Joe Ts? Only the tourons go there or locals that take their out of town friends...

We only get to come home (Texas) for about two to three weeks every six months or so! Each time we come home we spend about a week or so eating at all our favorite haunts! :) Joe T's just happens to be one of those old time favorites!

AND, FYI... I have found ammo everywhere I've looked since being home. Some stores have a limit on how many boxes you can buy. But I've at least been able to find it!

Thanks again for all the feedback friends!

I was in one of the Wal-Marts last weekend and they had perhaps over 40 boxes of 9mm. I let family members and friends know as soon as I got all I wanted. That is the first time in a while that I had seen that much at one of their stores. I am sure it was gone by the next day.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back