Ar 15 info

RRichards3

WHAT MAKER AR STYLE RIFLE SHOULD I NOT BUY? WHY?
BUING MY FIRST AR-15. LOOKING AT COLT $1599 , S&W's M&P 15 $1470

WHAT MAKER AR STYLE RIFLE SHOULD I NOT BUY? WHY?
BUING MY FIRST AR-15. LOOKING AT COLT $1599 , S&W's M&P 15 $1470

Colt and S&W are both good brands just very pricey!! Take a look at Rock River, Tel Ton, DPMS and even Bushmaster. All make quality stuff and can get a base model for $800 to $1000. I have both DPMS and bushmaster parts in my home built AR and to this day have not had a single malfunction.

Here's a bushmaster for just under $1000.00
Link Removed

Love my RRA

I know that the questions was what NOT to buy, but I bought a Rock River about a year ago and love it. It was in my price range and I had a little left over to contribute to an EoTEch 557 with 4x magnification. At just over 4000 rounds, it is still nice and tight.

The s&w had rails flat top with flipup sights was #1 choice so far

Got ya. That's the configuration I have on my rifle (Flattop with an A.R.M.S flipup BUIS). That bushmaster I linked is also a flattop it just has a removable carry handle instead of the flipup sites. But you can get any of the listed brands in about any configuration you could dream up.

oops! lol I can't read today! I thought it said what brand SHOULD I buy! lol my bad. I need a nap!

I do not own an AR style rifle... but, having done some previous research, if I could purchase one today, my choice would be the H&K MR556 (H&K MR556 and MR762: Civilian HK416 and HK417 | The Firearm Blog).

images-products-mr556-general-mr556-lg-tm.jpg

Knock on wood? I thought this thread was about the AR. Knock on polymer!

Anyway, my dad's got a Bushmaster as well and he's never had any problems either. It even feeds that lacquer-coated steel-case Monarch ammo with no problem.

Can't go wrong with a Stag. You can get a GREAT Carbine for $900 out the door. Check out ARSales.com - that's where I got my Model 3

Don't know of a make you SHOULDN'T buy, but I'll recommend SOG armory's AR.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back