AR-15 bolt carrier lube question

Usa007

is it necessary to add oil in the 2 holes on the side of the bolt carrier group?

Absolutely. One drop of CLP or whatever your preferred lubricant is in each vent hole. Just don't put so much oil in there that you're getting sprayed with it on each shot.

Ive heard that high temp axel grease sparingly on the bolt rings spurs and the four guide channels on the bolt carrier works better than oil in heavy shooting? never done it but there are people that swear buy it! Thoughts?

I use CLP on the gas rings(just a drop) and a drop in the vent holes on the side. I use a little bit of wheel bearing grease on the cam pin groove in the bolt carrier and on the bolt lugs unless it's really cold weather.

CLP works, it has a dual role of solvent and lubricant. It does not clean like a good solvent, does not lube like a good quality lubricant. But is seems to work, there are better lubricants, and greases.
I use Shooter’s Choice products FP-10 and Shooter’s Choice grease.

CLP works, it has a dual role of solvent and lubricant. It does not clean like a good solvent, does not lube like a good quality lubricant. But is seems to work, there are better lubricants, and greases.
I use Shooter’s Choice products FP-10 and Shooter’s Choice grease.

You sir, are spot on with your statement- all of it! I love grease for slide rails and gooves because it stays put and doesn't migrate or burn off. However. For the last few years I have taken to lubricating other moving parts with good old Mobile 1. Especially on full autos. It withstands the heat and doesn't hold carbon like most gun oils. I still like the Shooters Choice red grease though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back