AOL National Poll

KimberPB

Wow its close!

50% Oppose it
45% Favor it
5% Not Sure

I just don't get the problem with college campus carry. I mean they can carry almost every other place without issue but if they come on campus they become a blood thirtsy killer?? If anything that probably the must high risk place they visited that day!

mom of 3 angels

This Mr. Boice in the article seems to be a bit misled:

"But Mr. Boice said he believed security and a system of alerting people about crises had been improved since then, and he worried that disputes best handled by campus security could quickly turn deadly with more guns on campus.

“I grew up in the country and a lot of people had guns,” Mr. Boice said. “But my father said never carry a gun unless you are prepared to kill somebody, and I believe that.”"

His father should have explained that being prepared to kill somebody and going to kill somebody are two different things. Nothing wrong with being prepared . . .

KimberPB

This Mr. Boice in the article seems to be a bit misled:

"But Mr. Boice said he believed security and a system of alerting people about crises had been improved since then, and he worried that disputes best handled by campus security could quickly turn deadly with more guns on campus.

“I grew up in the country and a lot of people had guns,” Mr. Boice said. “But my father said never carry a gun unless you are prepared to kill somebody, and I believe that.”"

His father should have explained that being prepared to kill somebody and going to kill somebody are two different things. Nothing wrong with being prepared . . .

I agree Mom! And yes security and the system of alerting people was much better with this last school shooting in Illinois but more people were shoot then at VT.

I have been asked several times by family members if I thought I could kill someone. I always tell them I'm not looking to kill anyone. They have posed a threat and I'm going to do what I need to to eliminate that threat. Nothing more nothing less.

I just sent an email to Mr. Hickman. Don't think it will do anything to change his mind, but there is hope that I may have planted a seed in his mind. If he's a true journalist, he will check out the facts and hopefully do the right thing.

gf

ecocks

How do you feel about allowing people to carry guns on college campuses?

I favor it 49%
I oppose it 46%
Not sure 5%

Total Votes: 22,993

Keep up the good work, the poll has almost completely flipped from Con to Pro in the last couple of hours.

Red Hat

How do you feel about allowing people to carry guns on college campuses?
I favor it 49% 11,465
I oppose it 46% 10,749
Not sure 5% 1,207

I see the anti's are hitting the polls now.

Fred5

I just voted and it now shows 50% in favor. Keep voting we are gaining ground.

be careful and be safe

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
I voted to favor. It's still 50% favor, 45% not, 5% unsure.

On another note, I hate AOL - they're thieves. I used to work there, and if you have an account, I'd advise you to cancel it and get another ISP.

Wgtx

Bias

Considering the average youth and liberal bias of most on-line pols, I think it's miraculous that the pro position is ahead by any percentage.

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
Considering the average youth and liberal bias of most on-line pols, I think it's miraculous that the pro position is ahead by any percentage.
Neither youth nor technology necessarily equals an anti-gun bias...at least in my experience. :huh: I have plenty of both.

sailor

Late Thursday, the poll shows 50% Yea, 45% Nay - looking better, but still shows a whole lot of ignorance out there. :1d73:
sailor

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
13901 votes is actually 49.9% of the 27883 total. If no one voted "no", we would need about 320 more to make 51%. As the total number of votes grows, it becomes more difficult for either side to make a percentage change. The initial 5% surge in our favor was likely due to a large number of favorable votes in light of awareness of the poll.

While these polls do little to influence policy directly, I think it is important to maintain an effective "presence" in things like this. Many people are simply influenced by what they think other people's opinions are.

I'm curious though as to how many of these 13,901 (now more) people in favor of on-campus concealed carry are actually CWP holders and can use a gun competently, and how many are "mall ninjas". Too often it seems like people buy guns or generators after events like 9/11 or school shootings, without putting much thought into training, or how they would actually put such a thing into use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyvaaprilia