Anyone own a Ruger .380 LCP?

Jim101

I have been carrying a KT .32 for a few yrs. now (summer carry), there is a Gun Show next weekend. I'm will be looking at the new Ruger LCP. Does anyone have one or shot one? If that one doesn't work out, I'll be looking for the Ruger .327, although I doubt it will be at the Gun show(too new)...

Thanks,

Jim

I do not have an LCP, but I do have 2 Ruger handguns. I have a P89 and a P345. They could not be any more reliable. I simply do not think you can go wrong with Ruger. There may be a few issues with it since it's new, but I'm sure they would fix them if there were. Good Luck.

It's another almost exact copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT. Even the KT Grips will fit with a small mod. You may want to check out some of the Ruger forums and see what they have to say. Some good info here. http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCP.htm Here are pics of the two.

Last edited:
I heard that kel-tec sold some of the rights of their product (P3AT) to Ruger in order to make the LCP. Does anyone know if that's true? BTW, as of today, I am now the proud new owner of Kel-Tec P3AT. Anyone got a favorite holster?

Last edited:
I heard that kel-tec sold some of the rights of their product (P3AT) to Ruger in order to make the LCP. Does anyone know if that's true? BTW, as of today, I am now the proud new owner of Kel-Tec P3AT. Anyone got a favorite holster?

I use an Uncle Mike's No. 2 Pocket Holster for my P3AT. It breaks up the outline (print) so it looks like a wallet and it's small enough to drop into a pocket of just about anything including sweat shorts. This makes it very handy for hot climate like here in Arizona. And, Kel-Tec did not sell any rights to Ruger. That's just a rumor.

No Kel Tec did not sell any rights , Ruger took the short cut and copied the design ,then said it was designed from a blank sheet at shot show , yah right , that's why so many parts will inter change.

I use a K&D 2n1 pocket holster or use the smartcarry.

Check out www.grandfatheroak.com. I use their kydex pocket ???? for my P3AT. Love it. Don't even know it is in my pocket most of the time. Great service and warrented for life. Worth a look. I also like the holster by guru for the P3AT. A little bulky but a pretty good holster.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back