Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction?

My license states license to carry. It is the same as yours except that the restriction limits where and when. It is still a license to carry concealed. There are 2 types of pistol licenses in NY, premise and carry. Anytime I carry within my restrictions, it must be concealed. My restrictions are very liberal, so thats why I said I carry most of the time. So if im hiking, walking, fishing, or working(i have the exception for work also)I must have it concealed. Although there is not a law against open carry, it is assumed that you cant in NY, because you could be charged with brandishing. The big difference between yours and mine is, for example, I want to go to walmart at 11pm. My restrictions technically say I cant carry because i am not doing a recreational activity. With your permit you can without any worries.
You may not open carry NY PL 400 .The pistol handgun must be concealed.If you are walking around with an exposed handgun you will be arrested for menacing.Exceptions would be while hunting or target shooting at an authorized range.Many towns and villages in NY forbid discharge of a firearm.

wrong wrong wrong

My license states license to carry. It is the same as yours except that the restriction limits where and when. It is still a license to carry concealed. There are 2 types of pistol licenses in NY, premise and carry. Anytime I carry within my restrictions, it must be concealed. My restrictions are very liberal, so thats why I said I carry most of the time. So if im hiking, walking, fishing, or working(i have the exception for work also)I must have it concealed. Although there is not a law against open carry, it is assumed that you cant in NY, because you could be charged with brandishing. The big difference between yours and mine is, for example, I want to go to walmart at 11pm. My restrictions technically say I cant carry because i am not doing a recreational activity. With your permit you can without any worries.[/QUOTE i dont beleave you live upstate. why did they restrict your license? all licenses are full carry unless restricted. recreation is hunting and target,not hicking and fishing.you can only carry in a case seperate from ammo. my license has no restrictions. so theres more than just going to walmart at 11pm that will make the differnce.if your told you can carry youve been mis informed. ask a state trooper if you can carry with you restricted license whike carrying and see what happens

wrong wrong wrong

Some counties (at least here in Suffolk) prohibit you from making any stops whatsoever when travelling from your house to the range if you have a sportsman endorsement. The reason they prohibited stops is because people were doing exactly what you desribed. I would imagine if you live in a county that doesn't prohibit stops and enough people give the "oh I was just on my way to the range" at 2am, when you clearly weren't, that your county will soon prohibit stops as well.

In addition, although carrying outside the scope of your endorsement is not a crime per se, whether or not you will be charged with a crime is a different story. Depending on the circumstances, you could be arrested and charged with a crime akin to menacing in the 2nd degree. It all depends on how visible your firearm is, and what the circumstances were that alerted the athorities to the fact that you were carrying.

you can not carry conceal to and from the range you can not carry conceal at anytime . if you go to the range your weapon must be locked in a case seperate from ammo. being from suffolk county doent mean you can just carry in the county. you long island wanna bees take the term carry waaaaaaaaaay to far. you cant carry conceal .

you can not carry conceal to and from the range you can not carry conceal at anytime . if you go to the range your weapon must be locked in a case seperate from ammo. being from suffolk county doent mean you can just carry in the county. you long island wanna bees take the term carry waaaaaaaaaay to far. you cant carry conceal .

You must feel like a big man since you have a unrestricted permit..Im impressed. The only problem is you dont know **** about NY State law. I live in Herkimer County...yes tough guy it is upstate NY. I am not a Long Island wanna be. In fact, I've never been to Long Island. My letter from the Judge says that I can carry concealed to any recreational activity, this includes hiking, fishing, jogging, walking. Remember a judge is the one that interprets law. If you ask 10 troopers you will get ten different answers. Here is a copy of the judges letter. Mabye you can call him and cry. His number is on it. Have a great day and stay safe.

i'm not looking for a argument, but my buddy got a concealed carry with sportsman's restrictions in oswego county. he also got a paper stating what he can do under those restrictions. it states that he can carry on his person to and from his "activities" which are listed out on his paper, target, hunting, hiking, camping, bird watching, and i believe there was one or two other things. i also have a sportsman restriction on my permit, issued in cayuga county. when i asked what i was allowed/not allowed to do under those restrictions, they didn't have a answer. i asked if they had a print out similiar to what my buddy got outa oswego county, they told me no, and that they had never actually been asked that before.

i'm not looking for a argument, but my buddy got a concealed carry with sportsman's restrictions in oswego county. he also got a paper stating what he can do under those restrictions. it states that he can carry on his person to and from his "activities" which are listed out on his paper, target, hunting, hiking, camping, bird watching, and i believe there was one or two other things. i also have a sportsman restriction on my permit, issued in cayuga county. when i asked what i was allowed/not allowed to do under those restrictions, they didn't have a answer. i asked if they had a print out similiar to what my buddy got outa oswego county, they told me no, and that they had never actually been asked that before.

The problem is every county is different. One judge will let you and another says no. I guess Herkimer County is a little more liberal, but not quite there yet.

You must feel like a big man since you have a unrestricted permit..Im impressed. The only problem is you dont know **** about NY State law. I live in Herkimer County...yes tough guy it is upstate NY. I am not a Long Island wanna be. In fact, I've never been to Long Island. My letter from the Judge says that I can carry concealed to any recreational activity, this includes hiking, fishing, jogging, walking. Remember a judge is the one that interprets law. If you ask 10 troopers you will get ten different answers. Here is a copy of the judges letter. Mabye you can call him and cry. His number is on it. Have a great day and stay safe.
Carry that letter with you.Police enforce the NY Penal Law.You may carry unconcealed while hunting or target shooting at an authorized range.The section of law clearly states concealed.While driving to the range you stop to get gas and walk in the store with an exposed weapon will result in you losing your license.Police do arrest guys who open carry for this very reason.I understand the judge makes the rule in the county however,menacing is what these guys get charged with for open carry.

wrong again

The problem is every county is different. One judge will let you and another says no. I guess Herkimer County is a little more liberal, but not quite there yet.

im not a tough guy,you dont know nothing about the law.i didnt know walking was a recreation.again why did your license come with restrictions.the key word is RESTRICTION,you can carry in a case locked away from the ammo in the trunk to and from the recreation.your taking the term carry way to far.and your a wannabe whoes so jealous that you cant carry. and thers more than a differenced between my unrestricted license and yours than walmart 11pm. google the term restriction and sportsman .you also sound like your a few rounds short of a full mag.and to help you deal with your jealousy you cant carry conceal with a restricted license thats why its resticted.so sorry that must hurt

im not a tough guy,you dont know nothing about the law.i didnt know walking was a recreation.again why did your license come with restrictions.the key word is RESTRICTION,you can carry in a case locked away from the ammo in the trunk to and from the recreation.your taking the term carry way to far.and your a wannabe whoes so jealous that you cant carry. and thers more than a differenced between my unrestricted license and yours than walmart 11pm. google the term restriction and sportsman .you also sound like your a few rounds short of a full mag.and to help you deal with your jealousy you cant carry conceal with a restricted license thats why its resticted.so sorry that must hurt

Im not jealous of you at all. I am happy that anyone gets an unrestricted permit. I hope that the laws change in NY to allow anyone who qualifies to get unrestricted. Again the letter I received from the judge says in plain text I can carry concealed. Please read the the letter I provided for you. Now tell me who is wrong..you or the judge.

Carry that letter with you.Police enforce the NY Penal Law.You may carry unconcealed while hunting or target shooting at an authorized range.The section of law clearly states concealed.While driving to the range you stop to get gas and walk in the store with an exposed weapon will result in you losing your license.Police do arrest guys who open carry for this very reason.I understand the judge makes the rule in the county however,menacing is what these guys get charged with for open carry.

I agree with you 100% about open carry. You may have missinterpeted what I was saying. I was talking about concealed carry. I would never open carry in NY.

im rite

I agree with you 100% about open carry. You may have missinterpeted what I was saying. I was talking about concealed carry. I would never open carry in NY.

again why was your license restricted.you cant carry unless your camping or hunting. so are you going to carry and when you get caught im camping and hunting and going top the range. the letter is wrong

again why was your license restricted.you cant carry unless your camping or hunting. so are you going to carry and when you get caught im camping and hunting and going top the range. the letter is wrong

Ok now you admit to camping and hunting..before you said I couldnt carry anytime. I think you are either a troll or your working for Bloomberg or Schumer. Now you say a Judge is wrong. Just so you know, at work today I was carrying concealed. When I go to the range I carry concealed. When I go walking I carry concealed. When I go fishing I carry concealed. If, as you say I get caught, get caught by whom. The police..the sheriff. The judge who issued my license, states, in writing that I can carry at the above mentioned activities. I am sorry that you are upset at this. As I said before, the letter that I posted has the judges number on it. Call him and explain how wrong he is. Let me know how that works out for you.

i stand corrected

Ok now you admit to camping and hunting..before you said I couldnt carry anytime. I think you are either a troll or your working for Bloomberg or Schumer. Now you say a Judge is wrong. Just so you know, at work today I was carrying concealed. When I go to the range I carry concealed. When I go walking I carry concealed. When I go fishing I carry concealed. If, as you say I get caught, get caught by whom. The police..the sheriff. The judge who issued my license, states, in writing that I can carry at the above mentioned activities. I am sorry that you are upset at this. As I said before, the letter that I posted has the judges number on it. Call him and explain how wrong he is. Let me know how that works out for you.

again why was your license restricted. can you drive while you carry conceal i guess driving is hiking and camping

I live in suffolk county new york WE MUST carry concealed going to a range The law in new york city and the 5 boroughs is you must carry your pistol in a locked box CASE CLOSED

wrong

I live in suffolk county new york WE MUST carry concealed going to a range The law in new york city and the 5 boroughs is you must carry your pistol in a locked box CASE CLOSED

you can only carry the gun locked in a case sepperate from ammo .your unsafe and i hope you get arrested

i know i didn't start this but you are out of line. my permit, my buddy's permit, and this other guy's permit is restricted. yes we can not carry "24/7" i personally know why my buddy and mine is restricted, i can not speak directly for the other. unless we can show "proper cause" to "need" a 24/7 permit you will not get one. either you live in a "better" county or you have a reason to "need" a 24/7 permit. which if is the case i wouldn't mind hearing what yer "proper cause" is. with that said, i have read my buddy's paper work which states that he can "carry concealed" to and from his "activities" nothing stating that it has to be locked up (as a side note his paper list's his sportsman license for hunting, target, camping, hiking, birdwatching, and i believe there was at least one more). just like the other poster's paper work states that he can carry his weapon to and from his activities. as far as my county, i have not been able to get an answer to what i can and can not do with my sportsman's restriction, i've gotten as far as the officer that run's the permit application's. the last step i have to finding out my restriction's is talking to the judge. which i hope to hold off untill i get my restriction's removed. you really do come across as somebody who thinks their better than everybody else just because you have a 24/7 permit. for what it's worth my mother and late father both have had their 24/7 permits for 30+ year's.

Homebuilt..give it up. I said everything I needed to say to armed-an-rdy. He just doesnt get it. As you and i said, he seems to think he is better than the rest of us. All I know is we, in this forum, are all on the same team and are here to learn from each other. Anyone who goes through the trouble, hassle, expense, training and intensive backround check deserves to have an unrestricted license. Some counties are more 2A friendly than others. Does that make us any different. I dont think so. Remember we are all "ARMED AND READY".

restricted

Homebuilt..give it up. I said everything I needed to say to armed-an-rdy. He just doesnt get it. As you and i said, he seems to think he is better than the rest of us. All I know is we, in this forum, are all on the same team and are here to learn from each other. Anyone who goes through the trouble, hassle, expense, training and intensive backround check deserves to have an unrestricted license. Some counties are more 2A friendly than others. Does that make us any different. I dont think so. Remember we are all "ARMED AND READY".

im not better than everyone.your licenses is restricted mine is not.we can not both carry conceal.and im on the same team im trying to educate you,share info.i notice people with restriction always say they can carry conceal .to settle this you just keep carrying until the day comes.youll meet the rite officer and make sure you carry the letter.it wasnt hard to get a unrestricted license,i didnt have to prove a need for 24hour carry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back