anyone have experience with the .22 conversion for the Sig P220?

Dave Keith

I have a much-loved P220 and I've been considering the purchase of the .22 conversion for it. However, I can't seem to find a review, nor do I know anyone who has one.

Any comments would be appreciated. This would, of course, be for range and plinking use, not for a SD weapon. I'm also wondering if practicing with your carry weapon in a smaller caliber really has much benefit.

I have a much-loved P220 and I've been considering the purchase of the .22 conversion for it. However, I can't seem to find a review, nor do I know anyone who has one.

Any comments would be appreciated. This would, of course, be for range and plinking use, not for a SD weapon. I'm also wondering if practicing with your carry weapon in a smaller caliber really has much benefit.

I REALLY hope to see you get an answer to this (and it be an answer we both like), I personally cannot say anything for or against the conversion kit for the P220 as I have zero experience with it and I like you know nobody who has one.

I'm of the mindset that practicing in such a manner would be the absolute 100% next best thing to using your standard weapon and standard loads. I believe that the more consistant your practice is in comparison to the situations you're preparing for, the better you will perform if those ever situations arise. Failure to properly train is proper training for failure. That being said I am of the income level, shooting JHPs all the time at a fifty cents and up per round is impossible, and even shooting cheap FMJs at less than a quarter per shot can easily cost me a couple hundred bucks for a day at the range. Being able to look down my standard sight radius I am used to, not to mention the fabulous SigLite night sights, and having the same general weight I'm used to, and having the grip feel of my standard gun in my hand I think are all WONDERFUL training aids. So what if the bang isn't all there, that's one split second of difference for a shell that costs one fifth of a cheap FMJ for me.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back