Anyone Have Experience With DSA's FAL's?

Armorer

Looking for anyone's experiences with DSA's line of FAL .308 rifles and their reliability and accuracy. I'm specifically very interested in their PARA Carbine model with the addition of their picatinny rail receiver cover and quad rail forend and shooting Win. 147 grain mil spec ball with a low power tactical optic mounted. Thanks for any info. Link Removed

Gun Tests magazine had an article in the issue I received Friday. They gave it good comments for everything except accuracy. FALs have a reputation for battlefield, not target accuracy, and the SA58 they tested ran true to form. Where the other .308 black rifles were shooting 1" - 1.4" average groups, the SA58 managed 4" average groups. So If you'll be satisfied with Minute of Man accuracy in a scoped battle rifle, get it. If you insist your battle rifle must shoot MOA, buy something else.

Thanks wolfunter for the heads up. Do you know what other rifles the FAL was compared to in the article? I'm looking to upgrade to a good .308 battle rifle, preferably carbine length with rails, and reasonably accuracte even with Win. 147 grain mil. ball. I was looking at DPMS's website and liked their line, but the thing that strikes me as odd is their mags are 19-rounders...?? I was also looking at Armalite's AR-10 Carbines and I trust their reputation too. Any other ideas or advice? Thanks!

Armorer,
I already donated the magazine to my FFL dealer's reading table, but I'll find out tomorrow. I beleive the manufacturers were Fulton Armory, FNH, DSA and a fourth entry, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks wolfunter for the heads up. Do you know what other rifles the FAL was compared to in the article? I'm looking to upgrade to a good .308 battle rifle, preferably carbine length with rails, and reasonably accuracte even with Win. 147 grain mil. ball. I was looking at DPMS's website and liked their line, but the thing that strikes me as odd is their mags are 19-rounders...?? I was also looking at Armalite's AR-10 Carbines and I trust their reputation too. Any other ideas or advice? Thanks!

M1A socom roughly $1850 when i checked 2 weeks ago here in va. have to gte on waiting list though unless you can find one on the net.. m14tfl.com good place to start looking. i have a standar m1a springfield and the accuracy with match grade ammo is better than or equal to most of the bolt guns i have owned.

I like those M1A rifles and SOCOMS too, but I don't want the traditional stock style, I like the AR style pistol grip. I'm beginning to think I should go with an Armalite AR10A4 20" barrel flat top basic battle rifle and have quad forend picatinny rails put on too. Before I actually have my local dealer contact them I wonder realistically what their lead time is? Anyone have an idea? Thier website says they can't even answer all phone calls due to volume, so now I'm getting really worried.....

OK, I checked the article again. The comparisons were between the Springfield Armory Fully Loaded M1A (B+), the FNH FNAR (B), DSA SA-58 (C-), and the Fulton Armory UPR (D)

The SA-58 was marked down for poor accuracy, the Fulton for malfunctions related to some of the ammo used in the tests.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back