Anybody ever paint a muzzle brake?

snatale42

Got a 74 style muzzle brake for my Saiga and although the brake is Black it's kind of like a dried out lighter black than the gun itself. I've got some caliper paint I was going to use to since it can take the heat but not sure if there would be fallout after the fact. Here's what it looks like now. Having trouble deciding whether to do it or not.

Link RemovedLink Removed

to answer you question-----NO , BUT i am sure if you use header spray pain [use to paint headers that has replaced the exaust manifold on cars] you will be happy with the results . the problem the spray pain only comes in silver , black or white . if you want another color get engine paint. soooooooooooo of you go to your favorite auto suppy store and when [if] you find someone to help you get header paint {good for 1,200+ degrees or engine pain good for 500+ degrees**

R E M E M B E R clean part first , than clean it again , sand with 320 grit wet and dry sand paper [sand the grooves] clean it , follow direction on the can and you will have a thing of beauty ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL BE PROUD OF YOU AND BRAG ABOUT IT FOR YEARS AND YEARS TO COME ...........................................

From the photo it doesnt look bad, but if you are dead set on changing its color i would use duracoat or durabrake (withstands higher temperatures). I don't know anyone that has used on a muzzle brake but do know someone duracoated their LC9 two-tone OD green and left polymer frame black. Good luck whichever route you take.

Get a can of stove black. It is used to paint wood burning stoves and can withstand the heat with no problems. Just remove all oils and dirt/carbon first. Been using it for years

Not a brake just a muzzle. Had been done in high gloss and would shine if the sun was in my face. Used the same paint that I use on Harley brake calipers. 1200 rounds later its still going strong.

Got a 74 style muzzle brake for my Saiga and although the brake is Black it's kind of like a dried out lighter black than the gun itself. I've got some caliper paint I was going to use to since it can take the heat but not sure if there would be fallout after the fact. Here's what it looks like now. Having trouble deciding whether to do it or not.

Link RemovedLink Removed
The problem is not just with the heat. You gotta think, it's getting really hot AND getting hit with a ton of pressure at the same time. There's not a lot of paints that will take it. I duracoated mine and the paint inside the baffles didn't last 10 shots.

That being said, if you're only changing the shade of black slightly, then you'll never notice the part that blows off. Mine isn't really noticeable and it's a tactical tab color.

This is mine...

Didn't mean to post twice.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back