Any thoughts on carrying a walther ppq?

jackhawk 9000

Im buying a ppq because I absolutely love these guns and would like to carry said gun. Any ideas or info? Is this to big of a gun to properly cc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using USA Carry mobile app

Im buying a ppq because I absolutely love these guns and would like to carry said gun. Any ideas or info? Is this to big of a gun to properly cc?
if your hang up is the size it shouldn't be, get a good holster/belt rig and you should be ok, I CC full sized glocks with no issues, FWIW: IMHO walther makes a very high quality weapon

I carry a PPQ AIWB in a Dale Fricke AA (The one that's tuckable) or an OWB holster by Bladetech depending on clothing. I'm 5'10" 175lbs and just have to pay attention to what I wear. I am looking into a belly-band style but haven't decided or tried one yet. I carry one extra 15rd. mag in a horizontal pouch and two 17 rd. mags in my computer bag. No problems so far.

I carry a PPQ AIWB in a Dale Fricke AA (The one that's tuckable) or an OWB holster by Bladetech depending on clothing. I'm 5'10" 175lbs and just have to pay attention to what I wear. I am looking into a belly-band style but haven't decided or tried one yet. I carry one extra 15rd. mag in a horizontal pouch and two 17 rd. mags in my computer bag. No problems so far.

Awesome m1 or m2?

I personally have two Walther PPS and carry both primary is a .40 cal and my BUG is a 9mm. I've carried them for over two years. They are slimmer then the PPQ but the PPQ is a fine choose for a conceal carry IMO...

Prior to that I carried a Walther P99 .40 and a Glock 20 10mm.

I personally have two Walther PPS and carry both primary is a .40 cal and my BUG is a 9mm. I've carried them for over two years. They are slimmer then the PPQ but the PPQ is a fine choose for a conceal carry IMO...

Prior to that I carried a Walther P99 .40 and a Glock 20 10mm.
I carry a PPS .40 as my EDC and I was also about to say, if you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my Walther, you'll feel naked without it. I've never held a PPQ, but something about the PPS just has that feel to it when you hold it like you could knock the wings off a fly at 100 yards. My only hang up on the PPS is the capacity, which is why I'm considering a double stack to start carrying and use this as a BUG. I wish they made a double stack version of the PPS!

Here's mine with a custom duracoat job.
vyqy3uhe.jpg

I carry a PPS .40 as my EDC and I was also about to say, if you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my Walther, you'll feel naked without it. I've never held a PPQ, but something about the PPS just has that feel to it when you hold it like you could knock the wings off a fly at 100 yards. My only hang up on the PPS is the capacity, which is why I'm considering a double stack to start carrying and use this as a BUG. I wish they made a double stack version of the PPS!

Here's mine with a custom duracoat job.
vyqy3uhe.jpg

Thats a beautiful gun.

Jayhawk 9000: I carry a PPQ M1, My wife shoots a P99QA and I can use most of her magazines and all of my PPQ mags. are good to go in her P99 so it makes training sessions easier and also has a tactical advantage.

Jayhawk 9000: I carry a PPQ M1, My wife shoots a P99QA and I can use most of her magazines and all of my PPQ mags. are good to go in her P99 so it makes training sessions easier and also has a tactical advantage.

I havent held or shot a m2 but ive heard from buddies that the mag release on them rubs and irritates the middle finger, im still trying to find an m1 navy. by far one of my favorite hand guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Walther started shipping the M1 to the US again in Jan. They have a different part # than the M2. You or your LGD could contact Walther USA for the correct part number and a distributer. I personally prefer the M1s ergonomics over the M2 just because of the raised area around the magazine release.

Walther started shipping the M1 to the US again in Jan. They have a different part # than the M2. You or your LGD could contact Walther USA for the correct part number and a distributer. I personally prefer the M1s ergonomics over the M2 just because of the raised area around the magazine release.
I've noticed that ergonomics is something that Walther puts a ton of R&D into. My PPS just feels amazing in the hand and my PK380, although not my favorite gun in the world in terms of quality, it feels even better in the hands.

I carry a PPQ 9mm with IWB holster and I love this gun. I like the way it feels in my hand and I like everything about this gun.
I think you made a good choice

It really depends on your body type and the clothes you wear. I am not a huge person but I am not small either. I carry the PPQ M2 IWB, appendix or at about the 4 o'clock position. Quality firearm, fairly easy to conceal. I also have the PK380 which is also very easy to conceal. Love both of my Walther firearms.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Absolutely love this gun. Carrying it will depend a lot on the size of your body and the climate since it is a little bigger. I am a small framed person in a hot climate so I have to go with something a little smaller.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back