Any recomendations for a dependable, cheap FFL close to New Haven?

Boomboy007

Wow, not only are the CT ranges amazingly expensive, but the FFL's here all seem to charge $50, $60, up to $99 per transfer! I don't mind paying reasonable costs, but is that the norm for this state?

I guess it depends on where you are. The FFL I buy from only charges $20, which just went up this year from $15. I would recomend him, but he is right next to Westerly, RI, too far from New Haven.

I found the FFL I use from the list that GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction maintains. I pay $12.50 and he comes to my house. I'm in Ohio. I interviewed several on the phone before picking one and verified that they had a valid FFL via the online lookup.

I just took a quick look and found one in Shelton for $15.

Best of luck.

What are you looking for?

Boomboy, i'm just up the road a piece, exit 62. But what are you looking for - a connection to handle sales from gunbroker... etc or a dealer with inventory on hand? Obviously, the dealer can do both - broker the sale or sell from his own shelves.

I like, in order:
Newington Gun Exchange
K-5 Arms - Milford
Hoffmans - Newington
Rons - East Lyme
North Cove Outfitters - Old Saybrook

I know Newington Gun Exchange is always willing to broker a sale or purchase, and charges only (last time i asked) about 30.

Another place i check frequently to look for availability on new guns is GalleryofGuns.com - Gun Genie

Hope this helps.

Thanks, folks!

I appreciate the list, Daugherty. As soon as I have a bit more cash I will be taking the drive up to Newington. I went to K-5, but they were not very friendly (guess I am used to the "down home" atmosphere of the PA gunshops).:biggrin:

Probably more friendly when you lay out the cash...

I appreciate the list, Daugherty. As soon as I have a bit more cash I will be taking the drive up to Newington. I went to K-5, but they were not very friendly (guess I am used to the "down home" atmosphere of the PA gunshops).:biggrin:

I hear that. I've never known why some gun store clerks (yes, clerks - just clerks with a gun permit) try to affect an attitude of superiority, like they're trying to make newbies feel stupid instead of trying to help them find - AND PURCHASE - the right gun. They're just clerks, when you get down to it, unless they are the owner. If they are the owner and they aren't friendly to customers, they're even less savvy than an owner who hires surly clerks. And probably won't be around for the long-term. No gun buyer is more important than the first-timer, you know? Get them hooked, they'll bring others, and maybe the shooting sports won't die the slow death that seems like is happening - at least in CT.

My experience at K-5 was positive, but I knew exactly what i was looking for, they had it, and i bought it. I'm pretty sure that the sight of cash makes these clerks less nasty. Plus i guess over the years i've acquired enough knowledge about guns, bullets and techniques that i can talk the talk, so maybe they don't feel like they need to condescend to me.

But whatever. I make a good living, support a big family and have lots of toys and a big house.I don't have any patience for some idiot who wants to play mental games but doesn't have the right equipment. The stores i mentioned in my post have all treated me right, spent time with me even when i was not buying, and didn't have attitude. I can recommend them all. There's another in Middlefield, or thereabouts, i can't remember the name but its a cool old gun store and you'd probably feel like you stepped back in time there. If i remember the name i'll add it to this board.

Thanks, Daugherty!

No gun buyer is more important than the first-timer, you know? Get them hooked, they'll bring others, and maybe the shooting sports won't die the slow death that seems like is happening - at least in CT.

You said it. I am in complete agreement with the "take an anti to the range" philosophy.

Plus i guess over the years i've acquired enough knowledge about guns, bullets and techniques that i can talk the talk, so maybe they don't feel like they need to condescend to me.

Fantastic. I will eventually be PM'ing you a list of questions. :biggrin:

But whatever. I make a good living, support a big family and have lots of toys and a big house.I don't have any patience for some idiot who wants to play mental games but doesn't have the right equipment. The stores i mentioned in my post have all treated me right, spent time with me even when i was not buying, and didn't have attitude. I can recommend them all. There's another in Middlefield, or thereabouts, i can't remember the name but its a cool old gun store and you'd probably feel like you stepped back in time there. If i remember the name i'll add it to this board.

Thank you very much. BTw, is that exit 62 toward RI, or toward Hartford? If it is off 15, then I work right there!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back