Any recent changes in NYS for non-resident applications?

Heckled

I was born and raised there. Lived and paid taxes there for 26 years.

My family still has property there where we get together a dozen times a year or more and I travel through the state for work and to visit family in PA and OH. I can carry in 39 states, but NYS is the thorn in my side when it comes to travel.

I'm just curious if there's been any progress for we non-residents in recent months.

Any info is appreciated.

Wow...2 weeks and nothing.

The idea that the Constitution ceases to exist when one enters the magical Empire State is truly depressing. At least they still recognize out of state driver's licenses or we New Englanders would be cut off from the rest of the country.

No progress lately, no. If you're a non-resident, (as of 2013) you don't have to have a domicile or have full-year residency, but generally you do have to establish part-time residency to be able to apply for a permit on whatever county that residence is in. You don't have to own that abode (say, grandma's house), but depending on the county, they may require varying levels of proof. If you have a relative or friend who is willing to let you establish part-time residency (hopefully in a more rural county), that may be your only shot at a NYS non-res permit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back