Any M&p owners out there??

I have the M&P 9 - great gun. Interestingly, the M&P 40 trigger is significantly shorter than that of the 9 and feels so awkward in my big hand I haven't been able to bring myself to buy one despite some terrific gun show prices.

I had not noticed that. I have the full size 45 and 40c and my friend has the full size 9mm. I did the Apex Tactical trigger work on all of the ones mentioned
and had not noted that. Ours are MA compliant however, and have a different sear and trigger spring assy. They may be physically different in that aspect. I'll have to measure next time they are all together.

I had not noticed that. I have the full size 45 and 40c and my friend has the full size 9mm. I did the Apex Tactical trigger work on all of the ones mentioned
and had not noted that. Ours are MA compliant however, and have a different sear and trigger spring assy. They may be physically different in that aspect. I'll have to measure next time they are all together.

My first M&P was the full size 40 and the trigger is fine. Sold that (just after adding CS grips to it) that sale funded my new baby M&P 9C from everything I have seen all the triggers are the same. Off topic but with the new sig P250 you can add a longer or short trigger.The only thing I dislike about the M&P is the stock trigger pull of around 7 pounds! But you can get a trigger job and get it down to 3.5 pounds. I will say that the thumb saftey is a pain in the ass(SAVE YOUR SELF THE TROUBLE) I found it good for a thumb rest and that was about it.

My first M&P was the full size 40 and the trigger is fine. Sold that (just after adding CS grips to it) that sale funded my new baby M&P 9C from everything I have seen all the triggers are the same. Off topic but with the new sig P250 you can add a longer or short trigger.The only thing I dislike about the M&P is the stock trigger pull of around 7 pounds! But you can get a trigger job and get it down to 3.5 pounds. I will say that the thumb saftey is a pain in the ass(SAVE YOUR SELF THE TROUBLE) I found it good for a thumb rest and that was about it.

Yea, I was confused by that statement. Both of mine are the same...

Try 10+lbs (my initial Lyman readings were 10lb 7oz) of pull that feels like you're dragging a bag full of rocks up a flight of stairs with your finger and a reset that requires you to all but release the trigger...

Apex Tactical makes AEK (Action Enhancement Kits) that are drop in for $80.00 and the M&P is one of the easiest handguns to disassemble. They make 2 kits, one will provide duty/carry trigger pull at 5-5.5 lbs and reset of about 3/16". The other is a 3.5lb kit for range or competition... Neither of mine have the manual safety. Both have CTC laser grips...

I'm sold on the M&P...

Yea, I was confused by that statement. Both of mine are the same...

Try 10+lbs (my initial Lyman readings were 10lb 7oz) of pull that feels like you're dragging a bag full of rocks up a flight of stairs with your finger and a reset that requires you to all but release the trigger...

Apex Tactical makes AEK (Action Enhancement Kits) that are drop in for $80.00 and the M&P is one of the easiest handguns to disassemble. They make 2 kits, one will provide duty/carry trigger pull at 5-5.5 lbs and reset of about 3/16". The other is a 3.5lb kit for range or competition... Neither of mine have the manual safety. Both have CTC laser grips...

I'm sold on the M&P...

Well you said yours has that trigger pull to be MA safe did you not? I like a short trigger pull myself I find the longer the pull is (7-10 pounds) I tend to shift the gun low right. Even if I pull it slow (yet still fast enough to not end up dead). Sure when at the range I can pull it as slow as I would like and I tend not to pull the shot. But you want to train as you would fight so you build that muscle memory. As I have said before I'm a noobie to pistols! I did play around with jerking the trigger (just for laughs) and man you cant hit anything when you shoot (gangster style)!

Well you said yours has that trigger pull to be MA safe did you not? I like a short trigger pull myself I find the longer the pull is (7-10 pounds) I tend to shift the gun low right. Even if I pull it slow (yet still fast enough to not end up dead). Sure when at the range I can pull it as slow as I would like and I tend not to pull the shot. But you want to train as you would fight so you build that muscle memory. As I have said before I'm a noobie to pistols! I did play around with jerking the trigger (just for laughs) and man you cant hit anything when you shoot (gangster style)!

I'm not sure how the 10+lbs of pull makes it safe.:sarcastic: Safe for who the BG?

In a self defense situation trying to pull that trigger and hit the BG would be next to impossible so he could get the upper hand. :fie:

Swapping out the compliant stuff was the safe thing to do...:biggrin:

Nice pics...wondered how the FS looked in a smartcarry

You asked for pictures...

M&P 45fs with Crimson Trace LaserGrips, ClipDraw and Insight XTI Procyon weapon light.

MP45FS-Procyon-Side.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

Above in SmartCarry holster with 14-round spare magazine

MP45FS-Procyon-SmartCarry.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

M&P 45c with pinky extension magazine base plate

MP45CHandPinky.jpg

Thanks for the pic of the FS in a smartcarry holster. Looks good to me.

m&p problems ??

I own two M&P's a 40 cal and a 45 cal Nice guns just have not shot to much yet. And I have had to send them both back for warranty repairs the 40 twice now and the 45 once. So not sure about them. Sorry no pics.

what kind problem did you have with the m&p !!

Jezz oh Pete Problems aready !!!!!!

got a M&P Pro 40 a little time back put 40 rounds throw it shot real good .i'll sign up ....................

M&P Group

Is there any more M&p owners on this forum? I only know of the other three in the M&P users group. If there are post some photos of your guns i would love to see them. Even if they are just the basic gun would still love to see them. Come join the M&P user group we need one more member so we can get our own forums under the users groups.

The first real quality pistol I purchased was a M&P 9mm Pro Model. I was looking at the 9mm L, but the box they pulled off the shelf was the Pro. I have been very satisfied with it. Nice trigger, VERY accurate, pefectly reliable, and even impresses my friends !

Yeah, I own a full size m&p 40 just basic though, nothing special, I want to add a lazer to the hand grip, heard its expensive tho.

Own an MP40. Primary duty weapon when I worked in the projects in Chicago. Now,it goes with me on trips to the store,the Walgreens,ect ect. Nice weapon that takes getting used to.(I have SW 4006 and Beretta 96)as far as shooting discipline and trigger pull. But over all it is a fine handgun and SW provides some of the BEST customer service around should anything malf with the weapon.

Does this qualify me? It is an M&P 15 with a Timney tactical trigger, DPMS bolt carrier group, new recoil buffer, Daniel Defense for-end, NcStar MK III Acgog style scope 2-7x32, Ergo Grip, Magpul battery assist device and angled fore grip. I have a piston system to put on it, and a new stock on the way with a new flash hider. So it is technically a work in progress, but it is still accurate out past 300 meters.

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Guess I am kinda the odd guy out here, I prefer my USP .40 Compact to the M&P 40C that I had. But I still own an M&P. lol

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back