Any Kayak Fisherman?

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone here do any kayak fishing? I just got into it recently and am really hooked. I love being able to head out to some of the same places I've been in my friends bigger boat. Plus I can get into shallower water and sneak up on fish.

Here's a picture of my Ocean Kayak Prowler 13.
Link Removed

I went kayak fishing last summer for the first time. just in a lake though in michigan.. not quite as cool as the ocean. but I really liked it. caught some nice size bass that I ended up having for dinner. was not my own kayak.. but mark my words when I say I will buy my own as soon as I have the means.

My sisters boyfriend has a hand built one that is really nice.

Link Removed

wow that's hand built?? impressive.. is he the one who built it? that sounds like a lot of fun to me. how does one go about hand building their own kayak?

wow that's hand built?? impressive.. is he the one who built it? that sounds like a lot of fun to me. how does one go about hand building their own kayak?

Actually a friend of his, who I also know, built it. Last time I talked to him they were wanting to get together and built new kayaks. They said it is easier when you build more than one at the same time. So 4 of us were thinking of building them but haven't heard anything about it in a while. I may give him a call this weekend and see what's up.

Nice Tupperware, Luke! My son has the same yak, complete with fishfinder, anchor system, center gimbal rod holder...everything but a sound system and curb feelers. He's out right now looking for his first striper of the season, actually.
Here's his club's website: Link Removed

Cool. I've been looking into getting into a kayaking club but I kind of like going out by myself. I'm going to try and get out sometime this week in the afternoon.

Several guys fish up and down the East Coast, and do some tournaments. Maybe they'd appreciate fishing reports, weather updates, locations of secret fishing holes......... :secret:
Seeing kayaks 2-3 miles offshore when the weather is decent isn't too unusual, but last winter we were out fishing the 3-mile EEZ line for stripers, and there was a guy out there on a jet-ski trolling 2 lines behind him! The worst part was that there was an absolute flotilla of boats from 18' to 50' straining the water for fish, along with giant flocks of gannets dive-bombing the bait balls. All we could do was shake our heads and grin at the guy's determination. It MIGHT have been 40 degrees out.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back