Any good gunsmithing tools, & gun parts stores in st. louis?

Hi,

I live in mo- which is the same state that houses Midway USA- unfortunately, thats a good 2 hours away- and i am waiting a couple months before i make my first visit- in hopes that the shelves will be better stocked by then.

in the meantime- i was hoping for a good little shop- that can get me about everything i need for my AR projects- the shipping costs are killing me right now. i just ordered the front sight kit from brownells. and vise grip blocks and other tools in various shipments from various places- and shipping really adds up. i use amazon whenever their quality and free shipping do not exceed the usual online retailers i go to.

i would just love to be able to have a shop in town that i can just get into my car and go pick up front sight taper pins, or a black gas tube- and etc. without having to pay $7 or $10 shipping- and etc. Denny dennis is not too far away but they do not have much of what i'm looking for. Cabelas and bass pro are about 30 minutes away- i've never looked around in those shops except to make purchases at their gun counter, ammo shelves and firearm cases- and doubt they have what i'm look for either.

Any tips on shops in st. louis and nearby illinois would greatly appreciated!

Hi Courtney,

Not exactly where you are in the STL metro, but just down the road from me in New Melle (south of Wentzville / near Lake St. Louis) is the New Melle Gun Shop. These guys have been great for all my gunsmithing. They have been around and to a lot of business both locally and on line. Very personable and honest. You can find them on facebook (Link Removed) or on the web at (Link Removed)

Karl

Any good gunsmithing tools, & gun parts stores in st. louis?

The entire point of her post was to find a local shop so she doesn't have to pay for shipping and you recommend a website?

The entire point of her post was to find a local shop so she doesn't have to pay for shipping and you recommend a website?

And the entire point of your post was to tell her what shop to go to? What an ahole you are! What is your recommendation to her? Do you have one...do you know of any shop for gunsmithing equipment, parts and tools. The reason the shipping costs are killing her is because she is going to every internet site there is. Let me ask this...have you ever bought parts or tools...maybe you have? If so answer the damned question. Where do you go...Walmart? Ya see, the point of the op's question was to seek assistance so I am not sure how much assistance you offered. Where where where? Numrich has everything under the sun...thus only one shipping fee. Does this seem to make any sense to you, or did you drink too many big gulps and now your stomach hurts? See, you are just like a damned liberal...no ideas but plenty of hubris! Do you really own firearms? Do you shoot the gun off, like you do your mouth, before you think about the issue? You probably do.

Now for a bit of teacher to idiot advice...the internet has shut down the entire world of specialty shops that were brick and mortar. They did that a long long long time ago in a place far far away called, of all things,(hehehe) cyber space. Am I talking too fast for you? That is why Numrich is such a diamond in the rough if you want to do gunsmithing. That is why I provide this information for you...there is not a "Gunzone" but there is an "Autozone". There is "Advance Auto Parts" too. I just have not seen an "Advance Gun Parts" yet...have you? Any more stupid retorts from you and I will lecture you again. Engage your brain before you open mouth!

And the entire point of your post was to tell her what shop to go to? What an ahole you are! What is your recommendation to her? Do you have one...do you know of any shop for gunsmithing equipment, parts and tools. The reason the shipping costs are killing her is because she is going to every internet site there is. Let me ask this...have you ever bought parts or tools...maybe you have? If so answer the damned question. Where do you go...Walmart? Ya see, the point of the op's question was to seek assistance so I am not sure how much assistance you offered. Where where where? Numrich has everything under the sun...thus only one shipping fee. Does this seem to make any sense to you, or did you drink too many big gulps and now your stomach hurts? See, you are just like a damned liberal...no ideas but plenty of hubris! Do you really own firearms? Do you shoot the gun off, like you do your mouth, before you think about the issue? You probably do.

Now for a bit of teacher to idiot advice...the internet has shut down the entire world of specialty shops that were brick and mortar. They did that a long long long time ago in a place far far away called, of all things,(hehehe) cyber space. Am I talking too fast for you? That is why Numrich is such a diamond in the rough if you want to do gunsmithing. That is why I provide this information for you...there is not a "Gunzone" but there is an "Autozone". There is "Advance Auto Parts" too. I just have not seen an "Advance Gun Parts" yet...have you? Any more stupid retorts from you and I will lecture you again. Engage your brain before you open mouth!

That was by far the most entertaining post I've read all day. Thank you for that. I made a simple point, pointing out the irony of your post and you go on a multi-paragraph diatribe attacking me. You're either the most insecure fool in the world or the next Sigmund Freud. I've never seen a person draw so many asinine and completely arbitrary conclusions based off a single sentence post.

Check out New Melle Gun Shop (Link Removed) They have an on-site gunsmith and are just south of Wentzville.

Parts and tools go online to Numrich.com. They have just about everything.

While I have to admit - a place that is a "go to for gunsmithing" would be awesome..
The link you give doesnt work unless you allow java-scripting, and I dont just allow any site to run java-script.. So yeh?
Also - on the site, it lists "life insurance" - what kind of site offers life insurance? it then links to get quotes for life/auto/home/etc insurance?

So yeh.. I wont be trusting that site to run Java script - based on the fact it seems very dodgy to me.. I would go further to suggest based on your attack on another forum member to be of questionable trustworthiness.. But as the one you attacked said - thanks for the laughs :)

Btw - about a year ago I stopped by midway usa on my way to a wedding-

To take advantage of my trip there- I had ordered a couple boxes of 9mm while en route-at an awesome price- and one that would only be a great bargain IF there was no shipping charges involved- so I stopped on in - Excited to check out the place- and all that gunsmithing equipment!

I pulled up to the giant warehouse. My mouth was watering. This place was the size of Walmart... And instead of rows of groceries and home items- it would have everything that was related to firearms in those aisles.

I walked in- and was instantly crushed. The warehouse is exactly what it is- a warehouse. A small lobby displayed some antique guns and had a counter where you gave your name to pick up your order.

I watched enviously as the man at the counter walked behind some doors to get my package.

BUMMER - Larry- BUMMER!

Hi, If you are looking for most affordable and yet good quality of shooting, reloading, gunsmithing and gun cleaning supplies? Hooyman will manufactures of all kinds of this..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back