Any EMT'S/First responders??

S&WM&P40

Are there any EMT"S or First responders on here?? I know there are some Medics from the Military on here and a few RN's or LNA's. I am looking to take my Emt B soon or a first responder class. I have always loved helping people But HATE DOCTOR'S lol. Post of some of your stories about whats it's like.

Are there any EMT"S or First responders on here?? I know there are some Medics from the Military on here and a few RN's or LNA's. I am looking to take my Emt B soon or a first responder class. I have always loved helping people But HATE DOCTOR'S lol. Post of some of your stories about whats it's like.

No, I'm not an EMT, but I do work as a security officer and am certified in CPR/First aid, with annual recertification required. In just over two years on the job, I have yet to utilize any first aid; mostly, I just chase away drunks and vagrants.

Yeah when i worked as a guard the company had a program that you could take. After you took it you would get pin for your dress blues. They also had levels of Security, after you study and take a test you would move up a MSO ( master security officer) three level's and each time you did you would get a pay raise. LOL but if you had a EMT or any thing like that you are not able to use it. Per Allied Barton rules you have to call the company EMT. Night shift sucked i start out on days and then asked to move to 3rd as the SGT was a ASS H. LOL, every one was moving/quitting off 3rd shift because of the SGT on that shift. All he did was sleep and make you do his rounds. I would walk around and check and thenwould sit in the bath room for like 30 min playing my PSP ( fire team bravo) then move on to the next building. Come back to the control room and find his ass asleep. LOL then he reported me to the CPT saying i was not doing my rounds at night. Well that night we went at it. I wanted to Shove his head up his ass.:hang3::sarcastic::angry:

Yeah, that's all fun stuff. Cant do much with a EMT-B but control bleeding, can give a Eppie pen that's about it.

Since I don't do EMT work for a living, thank God that utilizing first aid/CPR is not a primary duty of mine. Knowing it comes in handy, whether I'm at work or not, but hopefully I'll never have to utilize it (kinda like guns, huh? Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back