Any AK owners or shooters in this forum?

rifleshooter474

I have moved into shooting AKs, and would like to discuss them with others who have them or are thinking of getting into them also.

I'm running a Romanian G, nicely parkerized with refinished furniture. The AK is a wonderful weapons platform. While it is not aesthetically pleasing in some eyes, it has proven itself over the long haul in most every environment. Whether running for fun, or readying for the possibility of something more, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

I'm running a Romanian G, nicely parkerized with refinished furniture. The AK is a wonderful weapons platform. While it is not aesthetically pleasing in some eyes, it has proven itself over the long haul in most every environment. Whether running for fun, or readying for the possibility of something more, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

I am sure I won't as I have four AKs two SGL-21s are 7.6x39 & the other a SGL-31 5.45x39 then there is my Hungarian AMD-65 7.69x39.
I have been running my EOTech 553 on a receiver top of the AMD-65 it has really worked out well even as it is not the best way of installing and optic on the AMD-65.
I have my AIMPOINT M4 mounted on one SGL-21 using a UTG Russian type side rail mount, on the SGL-31 I have a Russian PSOP 4-24 scope on it's Russian side rail.
Both the AIMPOINT red dot and PSOP scope have worked very well, the scope really gets the targets up close to see where I am hitting.
I also have two AR-15s this is where the optics were first used, not getting rid of the ARs just taking a break from high priced 5.56/.223 Ammo.

I have 2 I have built from kits, a Romanian Ak and a Polish AKMS underfolder I just finished I have another matching number Romanian kit I haven't decided what to do with it. I am building a FAL right now. Also have A DPMS Panther AR....I love shooting my AK's you can't beat the surplus ammo.You should get into reloading it really makes a difference if you shoot alot.

AKs, fun to shoot, fun to build. Currently have several: Rommy-Gs, Polish Tantal, Hungarian AMD65 SBR and a Bulgarian AK74. All built out of kits and bent flats. If you build them yourself and spend money on good/custom furniture, they can be made aesthetically pleasant. The 5.45x39 tend to be a bit more accurate than the 7.62x39 rifles. Have yet to try a 5.56x45 Galil.

My "family" picture :biggrin:

001-1.jpg

Yugo underfolder, Draco C, Norinco MAK90, Draco, and in front is a Norinco NHM91 that I converted into an RPK clone. Love 'em all.

AKs, fun to shoot, fun to build. Currently have several: Rommy-Gs, Polish Tantal, Hungarian AMD65 SBR and a Bulgarian AK74. All built out of kits and bent flats. If you build them yourself and spend money on good/custom furniture, they can be made aesthetically pleasant. The 5.45x39 tend to be a bit more accurate than the 7.62x39 rifles. Have yet to try a 5.56x45 Galil.

Of the AK platforms I have, the Saigas in 5.56 and 12G are my favorites once converted back to decent ergonomics from the "sporterizing" needed to import.

Of the AK platforms I have, the Saigas in 5.56 and 12G are my favorites once converted back to decent ergonomics from the "sporterizing" needed to import.

At first I thought because I already had two 5.56 ARs I did not need a 5.45 AK. But now that I own and have been shooting the SGL-31 I really like it. Not getting rid of the ARs I still think they are quality rifles also.

Wasr 10 hard chromed refinished wood recoil buffer compensator tapco mags

Sweet AK. First time seeing one chromed. Did you have it chromed or did you buy it that way. I have a few different rifles, FAL, AR,Enfield carbine, but I love shooting my AK,s.

My AK Aresnal's
Link Removed

C'mon shooter!! Where's the variety!! Buy some surplus wood furniture for one of those bad-boys and go "Old Skool"! :biggrin:

They look nice. I put the same black Arsenal furniture on my Norinco 91 with a NATO-length stock.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back