Any 1911 fans out there?

I wore Colt Commanders for 38 years. Unfortunately, my hands don't work as well as they used to, so now it's Glock 36's.

I also carry a rock island or my springfield. Recently bought a citadel and like it to using it to shoot idpa. I just like my 1911's cant help it.

I'm a fan! My favorite carry piece is a Kimber Super Carry Pro holstered in a Kramer leather IWB. I also have a full size Springfield 1911 with Crimson Trace grips and a Kimber .22 conversion kit that will make either of them a .22 in just a few seconds. I've owned some tupperware guns but the 1911 is just easier to carry and control being single stacked and fitting better in my hands. I recently added a CZ 75 Po7 Duty to my collection and I'm very impressed by this inexpensive pistol. It's double stacked but feels smaller than my Glock or XD's and the accuracy is impressive. But being a 1911 fan, my next pistol purchases will be a Dan Wesson Guardian followed by the Kimber Gold Combat RL and then I'm done buying handguns...or at least that's what I'm telling the wife!

I recently bought a taurus 1911. It's not a really pricey gun, but for my first 1911 I thought it was the way to go. Can't beat the lifetime warranty at all. I really like it. My question is, why is the recoil so much more than my other full size .45acp handguns?
No telling. Mine isn't and the one I sold wasn't either. My 645 has more kick it seems. And it is heavier than the 1911s.

IMHO, The different feel of recoil comes from the high bore axis of the S&W 39/59'S and their derivatives.

This thread is useless without pictures. :smile:

This is what I OC/CC, almost all the time. Link Removed (Click on it to enlarge the photo)
Rock Island Armory 1911 Full Size Tactical. Much too pretty to hide under a cover garment.....in my humble opinion that is. :wink:

I carry a S&W 1911 ES. The ES stands for Extended Slide. It's basically a commander length slide on an officer frame. Extremely light scandium alloy frame. Great carry gun in my Concealment Solutions IWB holster.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back