Anti site - "ccw killers"

NCjones

One of the reasons we have to be better than the average citizen. Were under the anti's microscope. I assume they consider a robber/rapist/murderer a "private citizen" for the purpose of their statistics.

Concealed Handgun Permit Holders Have Killed 8 Law Enforcement Officers, 77 Private Citizens Over 2.5 Year Period According to New On-Line Resource

WASHINGTON - November 17 - Concealed handgun permit holders killed eight law enforcement officers and 77 private citizens (including 10 shooters who killed themselves after an attack) during the period May 2007 through October 2009 according to a new Violence Policy Center (VPC) on-line resource that tallies news reports of such killings. The web site, CCW Killers, is located at Link Removedand is updated monthly to include new fatal shootings and changes in the legal status of concealed handgun permit holders facing criminal charges. (Any concealed handgun permit holders who are eventually acquitted of their alleged crimes are not included in the tallies maintained on the site although the facts surrounding the shooting are detailed.)

I also notice, that without citing any evidence at all, that they claim that the tally is probably much higher.

And why do these numbers contradict all the numbers used by other statisticians?

I smell something burning!

I like the way the media calls it a "new on-line resource" like it has some sort of credibility.
I suppose I could put some made-up BS on my website and call it a "new on-line resource" also.

I think I see now. If you look under the "publications" link they have a lot of publications they are willing to sell you.
I got it now. Make up a whole lot of BS statistics and then sell the idiot an online book so that they can learn that it is all BS opinions and no meat to back it up. PRICELESS!

"Big Boomers"? This article is almost entertaining.

"However, the big boomer handguns that are now being designed and marketed by the firearms industry have elevated the power of handguns to the level of rifles. Big boomers have thus become “vest busters” and present a deadly challenge to law enforcement body armor’s life-saving record.

So now we can just throw away all our rifles, huh? since a pistol will do the same thing.

This site is worthless..... They are including cases that are PENDING or CHARGES DISMISSED . Which means either they have not been found guilty or had been found innocent/good shoot. There were 21 cases in the Private Citizens Killed that were either Pending or Dismissed, some of which included more then one killed.

Also this site list the same people under multiple categories such as Private Citizens Killed, Mass shootings, Murder Suicides. Michael McLendon is listed under all three.

Lastly, it also counts the suicides into the numbers.

Even still let’s look at percentages..... In Florida we have around 800,000 active permits, res and non-res. So 77 out of 800,000 permits is 0.000096% and that just counting Florida's permits.

WTF MAN! There "LE killed by CCW" are showing PENDING cases, only one that was convicted and one that was with a white supremacy group. How shameless they are.

I would certainly be suspect of where the statistics come from and even more suspect on how they have been manipulated to show only one side of the story. How many people have saved themselves or someone else because of having a C.W.P./C.C.W. and being properly trained to use a firearm? This includes our police officers that have been assisted by citizens while in the line of duty. It amazes me on how misconstrued the facts can become from just a handful of "demonizers", and how the public just accepts what they are told as fact.

They are liars plain and simple. They have no scruples. Anything goes to try and further their agenda.

The scary thing is, most people are indifferent and if this is what they see they'll become Anti.

While its sad there are statistics about this. Their should be a comparison showing how many drunk drivers kill others, how many die of heart attacks, and the estimated number of people McDonald's kills per year...The difference is firearms have the power to save a life while no others do.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back