Anti gunner question?

What type of retort do any of you use against an anti gunner when the subject comes up "why do you need an assault rifle, they should be for the military only"?

Simple for me.

I don't need or want an assault rifle, those are fully automatic and require licensing with the Federal government. What I want is a military-style rifle for sport as it's less powerful than most hunting rifles in existence.

There's a youtube video of an old broadcast where the FBI even illustrates that the media has been getting it wrong (intentionally) all along and that assault rifles are fully automatic, not semiautomatic. Huge difference.

Next there's a youtube video of a really old broadcast where a politician field-tests military calibers against hunting calibers. The hunting rifles are clearly more devastating by the ballistics, but the video lends visual credence to that fact.

‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’

"Assault rifle you say, well mine has never assaulted anyone". "Of course that will change if you try and take it from me"...

People are meddlesome. Do what's right for you and afford me the same respect...

Any of these will be my response... Or quite simply; "mind your own business"...

The Forefathers Biggest Joke

When you engage in this argument, you are agreeing to the other person's facts and precepts; in other words, you're fighting on his home field. The first fact you're agreeing to is that guns owned by the public are for hunting. The second fact you are agreeing to is that, historically, the founders and writers of the Constitution intended the Second Amendment to address hunting. There are other falsehoods you are subjugating yourself to, but these are the biggest offenders at the moment.

This book was written by one of the two authors read by the Supreme Court justices when they were deciding Second Amendment Law. He is one of the most informed people on the original intent of the Second Amendment.
Link Removed
When this Amendment was written, game could be taken with a slingshot it was so plentiful. However, A tyrannical government had just driven the American people across the Atlantic Ocean and forced them to resettle in a hostile land. After conquering the New World, the biggest fear the continental Congress had was that their new government would eventually become as corrupt as the one they had just left. The best way to fight that was freedom of speech - people allowed to speak out against corruption could keep it in check. Barring that, the public should have the power to overthrow corruption and start all over again, and the government should always know that and be fearful of it.

The Second Amendment exists ONLY to enable a just populace to remove a corrupt government when all efforts under the First Amendment have failed. Hunting? Are you serious? Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams are all rolling over in their graves in laughter about THAT one...

I've been asked once, not about me, but gun owners in general. Why does anyone need an assault rifle? I replied, can you tell me what an assault rifle is?

That pretty much shut him up, because he had no idea. I would assume that would be how most anti gun would respond...a blank stare. That or a completely bogus definition (black scary military guns).

Then follow up with, when you figure it out we can continue with our conversation.

Chen-

Chen- I said the same thing to someone once, and what do you think he said back to me? You guessed it...big long black one with a big clip. I asked, 'Oh, my BB gun? It's long, black, has a scope, and shoots a lot of BBs." (Duuuhhh). Thought so...:) The guy had no idea what 'assault rifle' means. I could only stand there and do anything not to laugh.....

What type of retort do any of you use against an anti gunner when the subject comes up "why do you need an assault rifle, they should be for the military only"?
  1. "Why do you need to be <insert religion>? There's no need for you to not be a Catholic."
  2. "Are you my parent? Do you pay my rent? Feed me? Clothe me? No? Then what I need is none of your ******* business."

I've been asked once, not about me, but gun owners in general. Why does anyone need an assault rifle? I replied, can you tell me what an assault rifle is?

That pretty much shut him up, because he had no idea. I would assume that would be how most anti gun would respond...a blank stare. That or a completely bogus definition (black scary military guns).

Then follow up with, when you figure it out we can continue with our conversation.
That works if they're not a belligerent moron. Most of the rank and file anti-gunners I've met have been UTTERLY ignorant of actual firearms facts and have been relentlessly lied to by the "movement" anti-gunners. I simply LOVE to prove that they've been lied to. Normal people don't like being lied to. In fact, they tend to turn on the people who lied to them.

What gives you the right as an anti-gunner to ask the question, oh the 1st amendment, so then the second amendment gives me the right to own a black, blue, brown gun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back