Anti-Gunner Admits to Violating Gun Law

Red Hat

I just ran across this and didn't hear about it in July.

Link Removed

Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Anti - Gun Joe Rosenthal Admits to Violating Gun Law

John Rosenthal with Stop Handgun Violence and American Hunters and Shooters Association ( two rabidly anti gun organizations) admitted to breaking several gun laws by making a "straw purchase."

These people tried to buy weapons at a New Hampshire gun show to show how easy it was for criminals to buy weapons. They couldn't do it so they made a straw purchase making them the criminal! Problem is no one charged them for doing it.

I just ran across this and didn't hear about it in July.

Link Removed

These people tried to buy weapons at a New Hampshire gun show to show how easy it was for criminals to buy weapons. They couldn't do it so they made a straw purchase making them the criminal! Problem is no one charged them for doing it.

Its sad they aren't charged

cause had it been a PRO CCW holder who admitted to that they would've already been visited by the FBI and charged

bias in society

No officer you don't have to arrest me I was only buying those illegal drugs to show everyone how easy it was. That's all.

What a crock!

The flip side has the author from a recent NRA hunting mag article getting busted after printing of his article for using what was at the time, an illegal scope, (lighted recticles). And then others crow about it and walk away. Go figure.....

illegal

What a crock!

The flip side has the author from a recent NRA hunting mag article getting busted after printing of his article for using what was at the time, an illegal scope, (lighted recticles). And then others crow about it and walk away. Go figure.....

Legal, illegal it all depends on who you are.

Most antis have a holier than thou attitude when it comes to gun laws, anyway. They tend to believe that if other people do it, they are criminals. However, if they do it, they are just trying to prove a point. This whole situation smacks of hypocrisy of the worst kind.

Post Subject

I agree with Tattedupboy, if any of our group tried this. We would wind up in a Fed lockup, where they would have to pump sunshine in to us.

Who was it?

If I am remembering clearly, there was a similar incident a couple of years ago with a woman (politician or maybe well-known activist) who did this buying her son or nephew a hunting rifle. Anyone remember the details? As I recall she was unaware what a straw purchase really was (despite her anti- stance) and actually confessed to buying the underage relative the firearm not understanding what she was admitting.

You're right though, she gets a pat on the head from the authorities and we would get slapped with a citation, maybe lose our CC permit and probably have trouble with our next purchase if we did it.

Sarah Brady...

Hypocritical gun control advocate may have violated gun laws
By TIMOTHY J. BURGER
New York Daily News

WASHINGTON - Gun-control advocate Sarah Brady bought her son a powerful rifle for Christmas in 2000 - and may have skirted Delaware state background-check requirements, the New York Daily News has learned.

Brady reveals in a new memoir that she bought James Brady Jr. a Remington .30-06, complete with scope and safety lock, at a Lewes, Del., gun shop.

“I can’t describe how I felt when I picked up that rifle, loaded it into my little car and drove home,” she writes. “It seemed so incredibly strange: Sarah Brady, of all people, packing heat.”

Brady became a household name as a crusader for stricter gun-control laws after her husband, James, then the White House press secretary, was seriously wounded in a 1981 assassination attempt on then-President Ronald Reagan.

Brady writes in “A Good Fight” that the unnamed gun shop ran federal Brady Law and Delaware state background checks with great fanfare.

The book suggests that she did not have her son checked, as required by Delaware state law.

“(W)hen the owner called in the checks, it seemed to me he spoke unnecessarily loudly, repeating and spelling my name over and over on the phone,” Brady writes.

Amy Stillwell, a spokeswoman for The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said the federal Brady Law does not require background checks for intrafamily gun gifts.

Stillwell said she did not know whether her son was checked under the state law. The Delaware Department of Justice says the state does not have an exemption for family gifts.

“Scott is not a convicted felon, and he is not prohibited from owning a gun,” Stillwell said. “Scott Brady could walk into a store and buy a - he is not a prohibited purchaser.”

Delaware Justice Department spokeswoman Lori Sitler said the purchase could be illegal under state law if Brady did not also say who she was buying the gun for and submit his “name, rank and serial number” for a full check.

“You can’t purchase a gun for someone else,” Sitler said yesterday. “That would be a ’straw purchase.’ You’ve got a problem right there.”

Anti-gun control advocates were surprised to hear of Brady’s foray into their world.

“We hope that it’s innocuous and there’s been no laws violated,” said James Jay Baker, chief lobbyist for the National Rifle Association. “It’s obviously interesting that Sarah would be purchasing firearms of any kind for anybody, given her championing of restrictive guns laws for everyone.”

And in researching the foregoing, I find this excellent piece... Link Removed

Last edited:
You know

I thought it was her but couldn't remember for sure.

Thanks for the citation. Interesting that she apparently was never cited even though it appeared in national press and in her book with supporting quotes from her staff. jeezus...

Anyone know of a case where a citation (confiscation or arrest) was made on a straw purchase? It would be a different punishment in every state but I seem to remember one discussion on PDO where it was one of the violations that could cost you your permit in at least one state.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back