Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder....With a Handgun!

father-of-three

My colleague at work pointed this out to me yesterday from Pat Buchanan's website:

think we need to face it: 2010 is more than a new year; it is also part of a new era in which all vestiges of normalcy and common sense have been left behind. In other words, it is a madhouse out there. Let me give you some examples of what I’m talking about.

Example Number One: In the world of anti-gun elitists, only common people are not allowed to defend themselves.

According to the Richmond (North Carolina) Times-Dispatch, “A sheriff says a North Carolina state senator shot one of two intruders at his home and hospital officials say the man is in fair condition.

“Multiple media outlets reported that Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that 74-year-old Sen. R.C. Soles of Tabor City shot Kyle Blackburn late Sunday afternoon.”

According to the report, “Batten says the shooting occurred when two men went to the senator’s house and tried to kick in his front door. No charges have been filed.”

Now, don’t get me wrong. If the fellows were indeed breaking into his home, I’m glad the senator defended himself with a firearm. The miscreant deserved to be shot. Chalk up another one for the right to keep and bear arms. “What’s the problem?” you ask. The problem is, the good senator is one of the most anti-gun politicians in North Carolina. According to gun owners in NC, Soles has made a career out of opposing lawful gun ownership for the general public. In other words, in R.C. Soles’ world, his life is worth defending with a firearm, but your life or family (and mine) can go ahead and rot.

Soles is typical of Big-Government elitists who will allow themselves the luxury of all kinds of personal protection, while denying it for the common man. They hire professional bodyguards (does anyone remember Ted Kennedy’s personal bodyguard who was caught trying to take multiple loaded weapons–and over 100 rounds of ammunition–into the Capitol Hill building a few years back?); build exotic security fences and surveillance systems; and personally obtain firearm permits that are routinely denied the common person. Then they gladly take millions of dollars from gun control zealots to finance their Big-Government, anti-freedom agendas.

My question is, how does an elitist gun grabber like R.C. Soles get elected and reelected in the great State of North Carolina?

anti-gun sent shoots intruder

so much for being "anti-gun" hu, I guess his views just went "up in smoke"!!! yes another one for us I agree whole heartedly, too long in office equals corruption. If we the people make changes to who we want in office, cant we change that too, oh its called VOTING!! c'mon people letws put the right peopel in office, it should be us, the citizens who know what they want for te best of our country and keep it intact like our founding fathers would have seen fit.

I don't think this will even make a dent in his 2nd Amendment views. Remember he's a somebody. He's not an everyday Joe Blow like the rest of us.

Yep. I heard that they were considering charges for the shooting. I had also heard that the person he shot was someone known to him....which sounded kind of fishy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back