Anti-Gun Day on Tuesday, not Wednesday

rheaj

If you don't already know, Albany will be considering a slew of anti-gun legislation on Tuesday as part of their annual "Gun Control Day." Yes, I said TUESDAY. In response to the expected huge turnout of gun owners on Wednesday, when the bills were scheduled for consideration, they moved the bills to Tuesday.

Among the worst of the proposals are:
  • A-801A, Requires the renewal of firearms' licenses after five years and the taking of a safety course outside the City of New York
  • A-3076B, Establishes a safety course requirement for firearm license
  • A-3211A, Bans the sale, use or possession of 50-caliber weapons
  • A-5696A, Requires employees of dealers in firearms and gunsmiths to submit to a criminal background check
  • A-6157, Relates to banning the possession, sale or manufacture of assault weapons
  • A-6468, Requires semiautomatic pistols manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer in this state to be capable of microstamping ammunition
  • A-7574, Provides that collateral loan brokers shall store firearms in the same manner as gunsmiths and dealers in firearms are required to store them
Also, anti-gun folks are pusing Senator Tom Libous, an A-rated Republican from Binghampton, to support A-801a in particular. They are saying that if this bill were already law, the tragic Beinghampton shooting would have been prevented. Link Removed

I sent the following note to Tom via his contact page:

Would requiring gun permit renewals have prevented the Binghampton tragedy? Maybe. Would requiring people to renew their drivers license every five years with thorough, probing investigations into their lives and mental health prevent some drunk driving crashes and get unlicensed drivers off the streets? Maybe. Does the idea of requiring renewals and background checks on drivers seem absurd? You bet! Yet many times more people are killed by drivers who shouldn't be licensed than by gun owners who shouldn't be. Please vote no on all the nonsense anti-gun bills put before you on Tuesday!

I sent the same note to my own reps.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back