Another School Shooting In Florida . . . How many more?

Phillydog1958

Another school shooting and no comment from the executive branch, yet he responds to nonsense on Twitter. When will the legislative branch do something? This can’t sontinue. Kids are dying . . .

rdiorio

Another school shooting and no comment from the executive branch, yet he responds to nonsense on Twitter. When will the legislative branch do something? This can’t sontinue. Kids are dying . . .
We need to arm every teacher. And equip them with these bad boys....

Link Removed

niceshootintex

17 more people died today paying for freedom.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Link Removed
Senseless tragedy that seems to be in every part of society now. We lost more people to opiate and heroin overdoses in the state where we own property than to both accidental and homicide gun deaths AND all car accidents combined last year. We have people with drug and mental illness issues wherever you go. God bless those who suffered and those who lost loved ones.

What does your statement mean btw?

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

S&W29

Banned
Senseless tragedy that seems to be in every part of society now. We lost more people to opiate and heroin overdoses in the state where we own property than to both accidental and homicide gun deaths AND all car accidents combined last year. We have people with drug and mental illness issues wherever you go. God bless those who suffered and those who lost loved ones.

What does your statement mean btw?

It means that if school shootings and mass murder is the price we pay for the freedom accorded by the 2nd amendment...well 17 people made another payment today.

S&W29

Banned
As to the opioid epidemic....precious little is being done about that either. Welcome to the USA.

ken grant

Legislative branch will pass more laws that people won't obey if they have intent to do harm to others .
No matter what laws are passed they don't turn bad people into good people .

niceshootintex

As to the opioid epidemic....precious little is being done about that either. Welcome to the USA.

It's all awful regardless of the source. Drug overdose deaths for 2017 was over 59,000. Gun deaths from all sources were over 15,000 in 2017. Abortions were at over 900,000 but is actually at an all time low since they started requiring ultrasounds.

Pharmaceuticals continue to exploit the American public and no one is doing a thing about that mortality rate. Heroin pours over the border unchecked and now they are putting Fentanyl in pot to get kids hooked. They busted a person in MA last week with 33 lbs of Fentanyl which is enough to kill all 7 million residents of that state at once.

Mental illness, drug abuse, crime, first person shooter video games for teenagers, and glorification of firearms by Hollywood and social media compels those who have no sense of the moral and ethical responsibilities of firearms ownership to commit aberrant and horrific acts. About only 3% of those firearm deaths are mass murders but that's small consolation to those teachers, kids and parents.

I won't speak to the nearly 1M abortion deaths as it is more or less a genocide cult that we legalized in order to make the responsibility of parenthood an afterthought.

It's all real, it's all awful in terms of the magnitude, and I don't have answers for the above. There are answers though and they aren't being pursued because we are too into our smartphones to realize that we're losing two entire generations of kids and adults to the root causes and paying attention to the symptoms (outcomes).

S&W29

Banned
It's all awful regardless of the source. Drug overdose deaths for 2017 was over 59,000. Gun deaths from all sources were over 15,000 in 2017. Abortions were at over 900,000 but is actually at an all time low since they started requiring ultrasounds.

Pharmaceuticals continue to exploit the American public and no one is doing a thing about that mortality rate. Heroin pours over the border unchecked and now they are putting Fentanyl in pot to get kids hooked. They busted a person in MA last week with 33 lbs of Fentanyl which is enough to kill all 7 million residents of that state at once.

Mental illness, drug abuse, crime, first person shooter video games for teenagers, and glorification of firearms by Hollywood and social media compels those who have no sense of the moral and ethical responsibilities of firearms ownership to commit aberrant and horrific acts. About only 3% of those firearm deaths are mass murders but that's small consolation to those teachers, kids and parents.

I won't speak to the nearly 1M abortion deaths as it is more or less a genocide cult that we legalized in order to make the responsibility of parenthood an afterthought.

It's all real, it's all awful in terms of the magnitude, and I don't have answers for the above. There are answers though and they aren't being pursued because we are too into our smartphones to realize that we're losing two entire generations of kids and adults to the root causes and paying attention to the symptoms (outcomes).

I disagree with you on the last part. You are right there are solutions to the above problems. The reasons we don't make them are many but primarily they are too expensive, too restrictive, or just too damn hard. Let's not blame smart phones when the truth is obvious. We haven't given up drugs, guns, or abortion s for the same reason an addict doesn't give up his dope...because we don't like what it will cost us, the life we will have to lead afterwords, and because we like how it makes us feel.

niceshootintex

I disagree with you on the last part. You are right there are solutions to the above problems. The reasons we don't make them are many but primarily they are too expensive, too restrictive, or just too damn hard. Let's not blame smart phones when the truth is obvious. We haven't given up drugs, guns, or abortion s for the same reason an addict doesn't give up his dope...because we don't like what it will cost us, the life we will have to lead afterwords, and because we like how it makes us feel.

Zbigniew Brzezinski nailed it. He stated that “in earlier times, it was easier to control a million people, literally, than physically to kill a million people” while “today it is infinitely easier to kill a million people than to control a million people.”

Similar to the crack epidemic which was focused an African American populations, they have broadened their scope of victims to include most any and all Americans regardless of socioeconomic identification. This drug issue is at the core of the breakdown of our societal and cultural norms. Normalizing drug and alcohol abuse has allowed every insidious and malevolent issue like smart phones, violence, and anti-social behavior to flourish.

If the talk ever gets beyond talk the MD's will condemn the pharmaceuticals for their role and refuse to act as pushers on their behalf, the drug traffickers will be dealt with as they are in Thailand, and our government would spend enormous efforts to rehabilitate the users whilst eradicating the sources.

There is a crisis because it's been manufactured and is working nearly perfectly. There was a time when dealers wanted to get people hooked but keep them alive to profit from them over many years. Now, they just administer overdoses and kill them. That's a weird business model to just kill off your customers. Give it some thought.

opsspec1991

With the number of trained ex military and police out there, it might be a good idea to place them in our children's schools, because gun free zones are just a target rich environments and need to be done away with. Remember the Auroa mover theater mass killing, that theater was the third one away from his house and he chose it because it was the only one of the three that was a gun free zone.
Link Removed

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
It's a terrible thing when a creep kills school children, or kills anyone for that matter. But regardless of how many people these creeps kill, they will never hold a candle to the 4,000 mothers that murder their babies by abortion everyday of the year. Schools may be unsafe, but the mothers womb is still the most dangerous place to live in America today.

S&W29

Banned
It's a terrible thing when a creep kills school children, or kills anyone for that matter. But regardless of how many people these creeps kill, they will never hold a candle to the 4,000 mothers that murder their babies by abortion everyday of the year. Schools may be unsafe, but the mothers womb is still the most dangerous place to live in America today.
On yes its terrible. But nothing will change. Screw the unborn. The current prevailing attitudes in society clearly sho we don't care about them anyways. Aborting an unwanted child is a mercy to the child.

S&W645

NRA Life Member
With the number of trained ex military and police out there, it might be a good idea to place them in our children's schools, because gun free zones are just a target rich environments and need to be done away with. Remember the Auroa mover theater mass killing, that theater was the third one away from his house and he chose it because it was the only one of the three that was a gun free zone.
Link Removed

Broward does have police in the schools as does Dade County. This former student was already on their RADAR and was banned from being on campus if he had a backpack with him. Lot of good laws or bans do when someone has criminal intent. They will just ignore them. The students that knew him knew that he was a menace and had mental problems. This can be laid to blame at the feet of the progressives as it was they who wanted sanitariums shut down. And that the wonder drugs could keep the nut cases under control. Which they can't because they can't force someone to take the medications outside of a controlled environment. Question now is, how did he get the firearm if he was known to have mental problems?

opsspec1991

Broward does have police in the schools as does Dade County. This former student was already on their RADAR and was banned from being on campus if he had a backpack with him. Lot of good laws or bans do when someone has criminal intent. They will just ignore them. The students that knew him knew that he was a menace and had mental problems. This can be laid to blame at the feet of the progressives as it was they who wanted sanitariums shut down. And that the wonder drugs could keep the nut cases under control. Which they can't because they can't force someone to take the medications outside of a controlled environment. Question now is, how did he get the firearm if he was known to have mental problems?

The police in the schools from what has been in the news said that they are unarmed and would be useless in an active school shooting. What's needed is restricted access to the schools and the guards and teachers be able to have firearms after having training to the use of them. The shooter never had a mental health evaluation stating that he was unfit to own a gun, the only mental heath items towards him was other students saying he was unsafe, but the school expelled him for his violent actions and that action should have been notified to the local police for further actions to be taken towards him.
A lot of people are saying that the FBI should have prevented this shooting yesterday.
The facts show that there were signs in this person’s past that gave insight as to where his head was at. But the reference that the FBI could have prevented it is a false idea.
A lot of people that knew him and were around him could and should have notified someone as to why they thought that if there was a shooter it would have been this guy.
There’s no way the FBI would have been aware of these thoughts unless the people would have told them of their feelings and the school had issued a notice that he was dangerous and expelled him for his violent actions, those items should have been told to the local authorities and maybe they would have interviewed him and made a recommendation for a further mental health assumption, to deem that he was mentally unsafe to purchase a gun.

S&W29

Banned
GOP: Abortion is murder!

What about actual murder?

GOP: Mental illness!

What about healthcare to help treat mental illness?

GOP: Healthcare is a privilege not a right!

What about keeping fire arms out of the mentally ill?

GOP: Our President supports the 2nd Amendment rights of the mentally ill, that's why as his first act, he rescinded the stupid Obama rules restricting the mentally ill from getting fire arms.

opsspec1991

Gun control verse mental health control.
We’re hearing all of this about more gun control, what we’re not hearing is more intense individual mental illness actions concerning people out there. There are a number of states that don’t enter mental illness items concerning people in their states to the FBI’s NICS gun request form #4473. That is the lynch pin of why all of these killers are slipping through the cracks of the background check system.
Granted it won’t stop all of the killers out there, but it’s a good first step towards reducing the gun access for people who shouldn’t obtain a gun. As we know, people who want to obtain a gun will do it, by buying them on the street, but when these people are arrested for a gun crime, and the judges that don’t give them a sentence to keep them off the street, it another factor in various gun crimes.

S&W29

Banned
Gun control verse mental health control.
We’re hearing all of this about more gun control, what we’re not hearing is more intense individual mental illness actions concerning people out there. There are a number of states that don’t enter mental illness items concerning people in their states to the FBI’s NICS gun request form #4473. That is the lynch pin of why all of these killers are slipping through the cracks of the background check system.
Granted it won’t stop all of the killers out there, but it’s a good first step towards reducing the gun access for people who shouldn’t obtain a gun. As we know, people who want to obtain a gun will do it, by buying them on the street, but when these people are arrested for a gun crime, and the judges that don’t give them a sentence to keep them off the street, it another factor in various gun crimes.
A right is a right. The mentally ill should have the right to self defense too. YOUR President thinks so....his actions speak for themselves. Besides laws never stop people from sdoing bad things.

ken grant

One LEO , armed guard or whatever in a school as large as this latest one seems to be is p***ing in the wind . What is needed is employees willing , able and armed to stand up against anyone trying to do harm to others .

S&W29

Banned
Per a tweet from Mark Ruffalo

Prayers without accordant action are silent lies told to oneself, heard by no God, amounting to nothing. Action is the language of truth, the prayers of the Saints.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keo1