Another one(BG) bites the dust.

Brainchild

Check this story out.Be sure to read the comments,too.As of when I read it,ALL 17 comments were ones any of us would be proud of.I,of course did not see this on the evening news,but at least the Chronicle was not too left-wing-biased to print it.Kudos,Houston Chronicle.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5527081.html

:cool:

Ahhh...a little more chlorine in the gene pool! Don't you just love the alleged liberal spin on the article...

...attempted to rob Procter in a parking lot...
I've said it before in more than one thread. This is why I carry a gun to the movies, to the store, etc. It's the parking lot. I'm not very concerned inside an establishment (other than 7-11's, etc.) In a mall or wherever, your odds of being a "target" are small. But, I have to tell ya, I don't wear my Keith Moon (drummer for the WHO) target shirt anymore! :D
Link Removed

As for the victim/shooter: He allegedly had a concealed weapon permit. Even so, there's always the possibility that he could catch some flak. (This goes for any of us, right?) Then again, dead victims catch no flak. Isn't this why we carry? And sites like USA Carry give us a sounding board, a place to glean from others and Hope!

Maybe some of the BG's will read this. I do think some are slowly learning you never know who you are messing with. I think it is obvious, to us anyway, the states that allow concealed carry have a lower violent crime record. They should make articles like this required reading in our prisons.

you know what would be interesting to see? just think if all the media would accuratly report each incident of who committed a felony and who stopped one. WOW! maybe people would say "that really does work"

you know what would be interesting to see? just think if all the media would accuratly report each incident of who committed a felony and who stopped one. WOW! maybe people would say "that really does work"

they wouldn't have enough paper or time to report how often that a gun in a good guy's hand stops a bad guy from doing something stupid. we only get to hear about how they are in the bad guy's hands which is freaking dumb!

That's downright scary...

Maybe,maybe not.I am sure Mr.Procter is nervous.But I was told by a deputy sheriff that ANYBODY who kills somebody in the state of Texas goes before a grand jury.Even cops.That doesn't automatically mean jail time.The past few months there have been three or four cases of people shooting P.O.S.'s that have actually been reported on the evening news and I remember one in which it was stated at the end of the story that "no charges are expected to be filed."
There's always hope.
:cool:

In most shooting cases regardless of the situation, as long as a firearm was discharged and someone was killed/injured, most jurisdictions will either take the shooter(s) into custody or at minimum will question them as part of the "investigation". I tell my students that if they are EVER involved in a shooting, that they seek the advice of a competent attorney. Don't answer ANY questions directly related to the case until they have an attorney present, AND have been cheked out by medical professionals. (Stuff like "Why did you shoot?", "Did you feel like you were in danger?", etc.) I advise them to cooperate with law enforcement, but don't admit anything and don't say anything that could remotely be used against them in the future.

gf

I really hope everything goes well with Procter. I couldn't locate any follow ups to the story though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back