Another episode of deadly force

raybsc

Seems to me that incidents such as this are becoming much more commonplace, at least in this area of the country.
http://www.wyff4.com/news/14400848/detail.html
Homeland Defense at its simple best!
When will crooks learn to be more careful in home selection?:D

As Ayoob would phrase it, the robbers were hospitalized and treated for the "acute failure of the victim selection process".

The only bad part of it is after a vacation they will do it again.
you are right on the money with that statement. Most BGs are too stupid to learn NOT to be BGs..as I once heard a cop say, "I have not yet arrested a criminal with a MENSA card in his back pocket"!

That's scary that they shouted that they were the police. I hope they also get charged with impersonating.

But that would certainly give a person pause hearing that... the police have entered the wrong home before. :eek:

That happened in my neck of the woods. Since the Governor signed the Castle Doctrine law we can breath a little better if we used deadly force. I love the quote from the officer.

Master Deputy Tony Ivey said, "(A) homeowner -- someone inside a residence -- can use any type force they feel necessary to protect themselves, up to and including deadly force."

That's scary that they shouted that they were the police. I hope they also get charged with impersonating.

But that would certainly give a person pause hearing that... the police have entered the wrong home before. :eek:

Yeah, that's really dirty but from the criminal's perspective, rather smart. This guy took his life in his own hands by simply refusing to believe the scumbags, who for all he knew, might have been telling the truth.

Any ideas on how the law would treat a person who didn't believe a plainclothes, scummy looking officer and shot him during a home entry?

Jc40

These home invasions do seem to be getting more and more frequent no matter where you live.I know here in florida you read of another incident every week it seems.Glad to hear it turned out ok for this homeowner as many don`t .

Yeah, that's really dirty but from the criminal's perspective, rather smart. This guy took his life in his own hands by simply refusing to believe the scumbags, who for all he knew, might have been telling the truth.

Any ideas on how the law would treat a person who didn't believe a plainclothes, scummy looking officer and shot him during a home entry?

I'm sure that the law would depend upon the state... In TN one would be screwed unless they had the wrong house or no warrant, for instance.

I wouldn't be worried about the law so much as the 10 other officers coming in behind, who would likely be determined to ensure that whatever story was told about the incident afterwards was one-sided.

That said, I wouldn't heistate to pull the trigger on an unidentified person violently breaking into my home. The odds are that the are not LEO.

No-knock warrants, especially, should place the risk and responsibility for the outcome directly upon the officers... there is no justifiable reason for circumventing due-process by breaching a home un-announced, in a free country. If someone wants to hole-up in their house, wait them out, unless there is an urgent need to stop some dangerous activity they are engaging in right then (hostage situation, for instance). This 'War on Crime' we have here in this country has gone waaaay too far.

Come thru my door after hours uninvited and armed . I will not here you scream anything for my ears will be closed in my defenceive posture and the 12 gauge will be firing 00 buck 3'' mags 5 rounds . We have had HOME INVASIONS here and they scare me.

Time of day?

Many states now have rules as to what hours of the day you can serve a search warrant. I understand that in New Mexico you can not serve a search warrant between the hours of 10pm and 6am, this was done to eleminate some of the problems of waking someone up from a deep sleep at 3am and they can not determine if the person coming thru the door is a good guy or a bad guy. It eleminate a little bit of the problem, but it is still dangerious for everyone involved.

I really don't want to hurt someone. Lawenforement are heros mostly. I believe there has been some adjustments here in FL also.

I think Lamont Dawkins could use a little training in targeting and trigger control, but that's an easy statement to make from the sidelines. I hope I would do as well as he when they come a-calling on me. Home invasion is a popular and increasing crime in Las Vegas.

Breached Entry

Mololabetn:

AMEN!!!!:) My sentiments exactly! No Knocks, regardless of reason infringe upon the very rights our Forefathers fought to secure for us. It must also be under stood that there is never a reason to charge into a home masked. This stands to reason for Any normal and logical person, that an act of terrorism is ocurring in their home & I hope they wipe out the whole crowd of perpetrators.

That said, I certainly hope All police officers do their job right & in the proper manner and there would never be any doubt.

Another important tip; if someone does break into your home, the smallest target is the head, but if you are being terrorized by perpetrators in masks, the best method of securing your, and your families security & freedom is the head shot. This way vests never need be worried about. Criminals have been intelligent enough to use them before, I am sure some would use them again.

There is never an excuse for violating citizens rights. If a job is done properly then worry should be at a minimum that the situation may end badly, done improperly and illegally (even with a no-knock) then the risk and responsibility for the outcome is on the judges head, as well as upon each individual performing this terrorist act.

Jc40

I guess most handgun owners would agree that if you wake up to uninvited guest during the night,i`m shooting someone.Of course my 80 lb furry burgler alarm will give me enough advanced notice to be ready.Best home alarm i`ve ever had and no need to change the batteries.:)

I guess most handgun owners would agree that if you wake up to uninvited guest during the night,i`m shooting someone.Of course my 80 lb furry burgler alarm will give me enough advanced notice to be ready.Best home alarm i`ve ever had and no need to change the batteries.:)

I've got a couple of them, too... Cheap alarm system, great companionship, and expendable force to delay BGs for a minute until they are framed in the ghost-ring.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back