another dumb activist. his 15mins


billwot

New member
The ability to carry any firearm is almost absolutely prohibited in what, three states?
The ability to carry a pistol concealed is licensed in most states.
The ability to carry an unconcealed pistol is licensed in a few states.
The ability to carry an unconcealed pistol without so much as a license is the law in very few states.

Which states even regulate the carry of long arms?
Apparently they don't see it as some kind of big problem.


This reminds me of something Orwellian "All guns are bad, but some small ones are less bad than others."

Actually, 42 states allow open carry, 26 of which allow open carry with no permit.

Link Removed
 

SGT504MP

New member
Actually, 42 states allow open carry, 26 of which allow open carry with no permit.

Link Removed

My own $0.02. This guy was clearly trolling for a confrontation. I would have handled the situation this way. Approach and inform him of why I was making contact with him and ask for ID and to inspect his firearm. If he says no, well, have a nice day, and leave. Condition corrected. If he started complaining about being "harrassed" by the police for exercising his "constitutional rights" I'd probably tell him the police can't ignore 911 calls and its our job to investigate the call and make contact with him. End of story. Let the dispatcher know it was a citizen lawfully going about his/her lawful business. I would waste 1/2 a second trying to explain my personal views about open carry. This takes all the wind out of his sails and makes for a forgettable you-tube video.
 

borgranta

New member
My own $0.02. This guy was clearly trolling for a confrontation. I would have handled the situation this way. Approach and inform him of why I was making contact with him and ask for ID and to inspect his firearm. If he says no, well, have a nice day, and leave. Condition corrected. If he started complaining about being "harrassed" by the police for exercising his "constitutional rights" I'd probably tell him the police can't ignore 911 calls and its our job to investigate the call and make contact with him. End of story. Let the dispatcher know it was a citizen lawfully going about his/her lawful business. I would waste 1/2 a second trying to explain my personal views about open carry. This takes all the wind out of his sails and makes for a forgettable you-tube video.

I suspect he has had bad experiences with cops prior to recording and wants to record any and all evidence in case of a trial. I personally prefer to conceal carry since it prevents me from being target by a criminal, however I see no reason why someone has to choose one or the other since I could open on my right hip while concealing IWB on my left hip
 

BluesStringer

Les Brers
My own $0.02. This guy was clearly trolling for a confrontation.

This guy open carries and records himself doing it all the time. The overwhelming majority of his recorded contact with cops is friendly, calm, and give-and-take. I posted a video here earlier in the thread of an encounter he had with two cops that went quite well.

In the case of the video in the OP, I really think you have it exactly backwards. The cops were clearly the ones who started the confrontation. One asked him, "So what's your purpose for carrying a sidearm?"

He answered, "It's my legal right to."

The cop said in response to that, "So you're going to be difficult."

Those were the first words uttered between the guy and the cop who was doing the talking at the start. From first contact, and first word, to a conclusion that the guy was being difficult for exercising his God-given rights, took all of 15 seconds. In less than a minute in, the second cop barked out the order, "Quit talking!" The cops showed up with a preconceived chip on their shoulders. The guy wasn't doing anything wrong, and as the other video I linked to shows, if they had shown up and just talked to him like a human being, it wouldn't have been any kind of incident at all, and he would've still posted the video on YouTube just to show how great the cops were in whatever town he was in in the OP video.

I would have handled the situation this way. Approach and inform him of why I was making contact with him and ask for ID and to inspect his firearm. If he says no, well, have a nice day, and leave. Condition corrected.

I don't follow you here. How is the "condition corrected" if he refuses to let you inspect his firearm? And why would you ask to inspect his perfectly legal property anyway? And under what authority would you ask to see his ID if you have no reasonable suspicion of a crime either being committed or about to be committed?

If he started complaining about being "harrassed" by the police for exercising his "constitutional rights" I'd probably tell him the police can't ignore 911 calls and its our job to investigate the call and make contact with him. End of story. Let the dispatcher know it was a citizen lawfully going about his/her lawful business.

Why are the words "constitutional rights" in quotes in the above text? What might it be fair for someone to infer from you separating those words out the way you did?

And why is it your job to make contact with him? He was clearly out in the wide open. You could've observed that he was acting perfectly lawfully and asked Dispatch to call back whoever called in the MWAG report and educate them that the guy wasn't doing anything wrong and, therefore, you had no legal cause to contact him.

I would waste 1/2 a second trying to explain my personal views about open carry. This takes all the wind out of his sails and makes for a forgettable you-tube video.

Did you mean to say you *wouldn't* waste 1/2 a second explaining your views? Regardless, if the first two cops on the scene in the OP had only spent 1/2 a second telling the guy their views, and the rest of conversation wasn't spent barking out orders like "Quit talking!" when they had absolutely no reason to even be talking to him in the first place, chances are, they would've been featured on his YouTube channel as "Met Some Great Cops in..." such-and-such a city.

The cops were clearly at fault for this encounter not going well. The only reason the activist sounds so whiny is because he has a speech impediment that is exacerbated by being scared and/or excited. He explains that on his channel, and I think he mentioned it to the cops in the "good cop encounter" I posted and linked to above.

Blues
 
I think we should all meet and have a cookout! I think it could be great!
Hell, you could all come to my state, Vermont and we can have fun!
 

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
This takes all the wind out of his sails and makes for a forgettable you-tube video.

Blues post is spot on. I would just like to add, when he adds a video that you just described (for the most part), it makes for the completely opposite video you believe it would have. The sails would be full of wind and more people will see good cops. He's not out just to find bad cops, but good cops as well. Is that not a good thing? Compared to other videos, and truly just by itself alone, the Eugene pd represented themselves extremely poorly, that is their problem, not markedguardians.

I suspect he has had bad experiences with cops prior to recording and wants to record any and all evidence in case of a trial. I personally prefer to conceal carry since it prevents me from being target by a criminal, however I see no reason why someone has to choose one or the other since I could open on my right hip while concealing IWB on my left hip

That's crazy...because that's exactly why I open carry, so I'm not targeted by a criminal. How exactly is concealed preventing you from being targeted again? I mean...they can't see your firearm so what's preventing them from picking you?

The chance you may have a firearm? That's what's stopping them? So if a 20% chance you have a gun prevents them (to them it's an 80% chance you don't, that's good chances for them), how does 100% chance you have a gun not stop them?
 

AZSDFT

New member
I'm just SO tired of these videos. I have stopped watching them for a couple (at least) reasons, one is because they are too long and a waste of my time, second because the person doing the video is as the original poster said, looking for 15 minutes of fame on utube ( I know .... spelling) I OC and CCW here in the great state of Arizona, and have NEVER recorded an encounter with LEO in or out of this state. It gets SO old watching these........
 
B

Bikenut

Guest
I'm just SO tired of these videos. I have stopped watching them for a couple (at least) reasons, one is because they are too long and a waste of my time, second because the person doing the video is as the original poster said, looking for 15 minutes of fame on utube ( I know .... spelling) I OC and CCW here in the great state of Arizona, and have NEVER recorded an encounter with LEO in or out of this state. It gets SO old watching these........
Without the videos many people would never have seen actual proof that open carry is legal and that the cops can't stop them from doing it.
 

borgranta

New member
Blues post is spot on. I would just like to add, when he adds a video that you just described (for the most part), it makes for the completely opposite video you believe it would have. The sails would be full of wind and more people will see good cops. He's not out just to find bad cops, but good cops as well. Is that not a good thing? Compared to other videos, and truly just by itself alone, the Eugene pd represented themselves extremely poorly, that is their problem, not markedguardians.



That's crazy...because that's exactly why I open carry, so I'm not targeted by a criminal. How exactly is concealed preventing you from being targeted again? I mean...they can't see your firearm so what's preventing them from picking you?

The chance you may have a firearm? That's what's stopping them? So if a 20% chance you have a gun prevents them (to them it's an 80% chance you don't, that's good chances for them), how does 100% chance you have a gun not stop them?

If I am openly carrying armed robbers might see me as a threat before I can react and shoot thus removing the threat to their crime. If they think I am unarmed than I have the advantage of surpirse. I am also aware of instances of open carriers being targeted for their weapon and I do not want my weapon being stolen and used for homicide or suicide or both. I have heard of a cop that offered a woman a ride home in the front and she without warning grabbed his gun and blew her brains out and I think he is lucky that she was not homicidal.
 

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
Blues post is spot on. I would just like to add, when he adds a video that you just described (for the most part), it makes for the completely opposite video you believe it would have. The sails would be full of wind and more people will see good cops. He's not out just to find bad cops, but good cops as well. Is that not a good thing? Compared to other videos, and truly just by itself alone, the Eugene pd represented themselves extremely poorly, that is their problem, not markedguardians.



That's crazy...because that's exactly why I open carry, so I'm not targeted by a criminal. How exactly is concealed preventing you from being targeted again? I mean...they can't see your firearm so what's preventing them from picking you?

The chance you may have a firearm? That's what's stopping them? So if a 20% chance you have a gun prevents them (to them it's an 80% chance you don't, that's good chances for them), how does 100% chance you have a gun not stop them?

If I am openly carrying armed robbers might see me as a threat before I can react and shoot thus removing the threat to their crime. If they think I am unarmed than I have the advantage of surpirse. I am also aware of instances of open carriers being targeted for their weapon and I do not want my weapon being stolen and used for homicide or suicide or both. I have heard of a cop that offered a woman a ride home in the front and she without warning grabbed his gun and blew her brains out and I think he is lucky that she was not homicidal.

If you are aware of such stories please share since no one else can seem to post them up.

I have yet to hear about armed robbers shooting an open carrier first, I have seen armed robbers walk right post an open carrier and shoot an unnamed store manager though. So much for that theory. I hear it a lot though, one guy claimed the same thing, "it happens all the time back where he came from," then told me he came from Texas...go figure that one out, bunch of liars is all it is.

But more power to you, you can try and quick draw McGraw faster than an armed robber can pull the trigger of a firearm all ready pointed at you...I'll stop the robbery before it even happens when they are observing their surroundings.
 
B

Bikenut

Guest
If I am openly carrying armed robbers might see me as a threat before I can react and shoot thus removing the threat to their crime. If they think I am unarmed than I have the advantage of surpirse. I am also aware of instances of open carriers being targeted for their weapon and I do not want my weapon being stolen and used for homicide or suicide or both. I have heard of a cop that offered a woman a ride home in the front and she without warning grabbed his gun and blew her brains out and I think he is lucky that she was not homicidal.
Please post cites and/or links with actual facts to these incidents that you speak of.

Bear in mind that folks open carry in many States... but I'll just pick Arizona and note that open carry there has been happening for decades... DECADES!... so it should be easy for you to back up your claims of open carriers are being "shot first" and/or "targeted for their weapon" with cites and/or links to several hundred actual incidents where this has happened.

And we all know that the media would jump all over these incidents.. if there were any in any number to notice... but the silence from the media on this matter is only surpassed by the silence from those who make those claims when asked to provide proof.

So borgranta .... got cites and/or links?
 

borgranta

New member
Please post cites and/or links with actual facts to these incidents that you speak of.

Bear in mind that folks open carry in many States... but I'll just pick Arizona and note that open carry there has been happening for decades... DECADES!... so it should be easy for you to back up your claims of open carriers are being "shot first" and/or "targeted for their weapon" with cites and/or links to several hundred actual incidents where this has happened.

And we all know that the media would jump all over these incidents.. if there were any in any number to notice... but the silence from the media on this matter is only surpassed by the silence from those who make those claims when asked to provide proof.

So borgranta .... got cites and/or links?
The following incident occured in New Mexico in early 2011:

"Mr. Torres observed the firearm on Mr. Garcia’s hip, then announced he was a DEA (Drug Enforcement) Agent, and stated he had evidence that Mr. Garcia was going to rob the restaurant.

Mr. Torres then attacked Mr. Garcia, hitting him and trying to remove the firearm from the holster. The firearm fell to the floor where an uninvolved party picked it up and placed it in the manager’s office.

Other customers restrained mr. Torres until Albuquerque Police Arrived.

Mr. Torres was arrested for “several felony charges”, and was taken to the hospital for treatment."

Mr. Garcia (Victim) was also arrested as he took his firearm into a licensed liquor establishment which is a felony in New Mexico.

I am including the link to the original article below
Open Carrier Arrested After Scuffle
 

borgranta

New member
Please post cites and/or links with actual facts to these incidents that you speak of.

Bear in mind that folks open carry in many States... but I'll just pick Arizona and note that open carry there has been happening for decades... DECADES!... so it should be easy for you to back up your claims of open carriers are being "shot first" and/or "targeted for their weapon" with cites and/or links to several hundred actual incidents where this has happened.

And we all know that the media would jump all over these incidents.. if there were any in any number to notice... but the silence from the media on this matter is only surpassed by the silence from those who make those claims when asked to provide proof.

So borgranta .... got cites and/or links?

I have a link to a news article of the woman that shot herself with the cop's gun while riding in the front seat
Link Removed
 

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
Please post cites and/or links with actual facts to these incidents that you speak of.

Bear in mind that folks open carry in many States... but I'll just pick Arizona and note that open carry there has been happening for decades... DECADES!... so it should be easy for you to back up your claims of open carriers are being "shot first" and/or "targeted for their weapon" with cites and/or links to several hundred actual incidents where this has happened.

And we all know that the media would jump all over these incidents.. if there were any in any number to notice... but the silence from the media on this matter is only surpassed by the silence from those who make those claims when asked to provide proof.

So borgranta .... got cites and/or links?
The following incident occured in New Mexico in early 2011:

"Mr. Torres observed the firearm on Mr. Garcia’s hip, then announced he was a DEA (Drug Enforcement) Agent, and stated he had evidence that Mr. Garcia was going to rob the restaurant.

Mr. Torres then attacked Mr. Garcia, hitting him and trying to remove the firearm from the holster. The firearm fell to the floor where an uninvolved party picked it up and placed it in the manager’s office.

Other customers restrained mr. Torres until Albuquerque Police Arrived.

Mr. Torres was arrested for “several felony charges”, and was taken to the hospital for treatment."

Mr. Garcia (Victim) was also arrested as he took his firearm into a licensed liquor establishment which is a felony in New Mexico.

I am including the link to the original article below
Open Carrier Arrested After Scuffle

Old one, got any more? Or do you make your choice off an anomaly? I posted a link of over 30 concealed carriers being chosen, in just one state...so if one incident you found scares you to open carry, how are you not afraid to conceal?

And yet again, I just like to point out, a story that the open carrier was not shot first.
 

Rhino

New member
"Any of you" involves anyone able to read this forum...which is nearly anyone in the world, including the police, the members here, the politicians, etc etc.
It was past tense. The rest of the world hadn't posted here.

Let me test your theory.

Just because you can respond to this thread, doesn't mean you should.

Or how about this one...

Just because you can own a firearm, doesn't mean you should.
Yes. So?

What do you think our lovely counter parts are suggesting, even using to push control legislation?
Who and what are you talking about?
 

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
Yes it does chen...sorry-I didn't realize that was you in the video......didn't quite picture you with that kind of squeaky voice and all...my apologies :to_pick_ones_nose3:

WOW- there are TWELVE pages of good arguments but I'm gonna keep it simple and quote my first post on this thread....the guy still is a GIANT----


Quote Originally Posted by phone man View Post
two words....douche-bag or is that one?

Sounds like you don't realize very much in life...Good luck with that.

"Any of you" involves anyone able to read this forum...which is nearly anyone in the world, including the police, the members here, the politicians, etc etc.
It was past tense. The rest of the world hadn't posted here.

Let me test your theory.

Just because you can respond to this thread, doesn't mean you should.

Or how about this one...

Just because you can own a firearm, doesn't mean you should.
Yes. So?

What do you think our lovely counter parts are suggesting, even using to push control legislation?
Who and what are you talking about?

It was an open ended question with no specific person it was addressing on a public forum. Anyone can answer it at anytime.

I was speaking of the anti gun nuts, who are trying to legislate our rights away using the exact same argument and reasoning you are. Like bikenut said, telling yourself that is one thing, telling someone else that is another.
 

borgranta

New member
Old one, got any more? Or do you make your choice off an anomaly? I posted a link of over 30 concealed carriers being chosen, in just one state...so if one incident you found scares you to open carry, how are you not afraid to conceal?

And yet again, I just like to point out, a story that the open carrier was not shot first.

Open carry is 99.9% safe but it is no guarantee that you will not encounter dangers that is why practice and awareness is important to help you protect life and property.
I recommend against open carry styles that prevent you from seeing if someone is going after your gun such as holstered on the back.
 

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
Open carry is 99.9% safe but it is no guarantee that you will not encounter dangers that is why practice and awareness is important to help you protect life and property.
I recommend against open carry styles that prevent you from seeing if someone is going after your gun such as holstered on the back.

I hope you recommend the exact same tactics to concealed carriers too...as practice and awareness are for anybody carrying a firearm.
 

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
49,592
Messages
626,058
Members
74,593
Latest member
txshooter308
Top