Another College Shooting

DLeeHarley

News reports a shooting at a Tech. College in Houston. At least 3 people have been shot. PD is still searching for an active shooter.

From the lonestar collage discipline web page:

http://www.lonestar.edu/discipline.htm

Possession of firearms or other hazardous weapons while on the campus or while attending activities sponsored by the college are also prohibited.

calm down!!
the media is hyping this as another school shooting, it isn't!!
it is a shooting that took place in a school but it is not a situation like the others.
this is just a ghetto fight that took place on the campus of the local community college.

you can take the animals out of the ghetto but you cannot remove the ghetto from the animals

More fuel for the anti-gun crowd. Even if it comes out that the shooter or shooters were breaking every law on the books concerning the shooting. I said after the Sandy Hook shooting the libs and the media would highlight every shooting that happened in the USA. Everyone P L E A S E contact your state & federal elected officials. E-mail, phone, hand write a note and go in person if possible. Also call your local Chief of Police and the Sheriff of your county to support the 2nd Amendment as written. I have an up hill battle because all of mine are lib-o-rats. I have emailed them and will continue to press and urge them to up hold the 2A. I really do not think I will be able to get ANY of mine to support the 2A but I will continue to try.

Don't ever think this incident will favor those who want to eliminate gun free zones. This is right up Obama's alley and he will gain more support for taking our weapons. If one stops to think about this, in conjunction with the other shootings, maybe the tinfoil hat theorists are not all wrong. Either that or a lot of copycat shootings.

Sorry, but I don't believe in coincidences This rash of shootings the begins just months before Obama is sworn in for his second term, several allegedly involving semi-auto rifles (which is something that has rarely happened to this point), looks and smells too much like an Operation Northwoods styled domestic operation to drive the gun control debate.

calm down!!
the media is hyping this as another school shooting, it isn't!!
it is a shooting that took place in a school but it is not a situation like the others.
this is just a ghetto fight that took place on the campus of the local community college.

you can take the animals out of the ghetto but you cannot remove the ghetto from the animals

It makes no difference what title you put on it, it was a shooting at a school and fresh meat for the media and government. Even the smallest incident will be hyped right now and, as Rahm Emanuel said, "Don't let a good crisis go to waste!"

You can't carry on campuses in TX. Today in fact is the day they were beginning to debate a law to allow licensed individuals to carry in state funded schools. Private schools would still be able to prohibit carry. This shooting was the result of a fight where once against a gun free zone was violated and a defenseless victim was shot.

I think it's time for a federal law, if your establishment or place of public gathering doesn't allow concealed carry, then you need to provide metal detectors to keep guns out of gun free zones. Much like here in Colorado such as courts, some schools and all major sporting events like the Broncos. Colorado does allow concealed carry by those with permits, on campus though which I salute my state for.

And a local station in this area news spent at least fifteen minutes of air time on this. Reporters asking stupid question, lots of pictures of the thousands of police (well maybe I exaggerate a bit), evacuating the whole campus after it was over. And commentaries of what can we do about the terrible rash of "school shootings". Went on to name and dates of other shootings.

If this had happened 5 blocks away between the two combatants with some bystanders wounded, it would never have gotten past local news. Damn.

Current politically correct news reporting is to hype gun violence to help his Majesty's agenda. Just imagine if they reported death and injuries associated with causes that result in MORE death and injury than guns: car accidents, drunk driver "accidents" (12,000/year), medical malpractice (195,000/year) etc.............. Then they wouldn't have any time available to report gun violence!!!

Don't ever think this incident will favor those who want to eliminate gun free zones. This is right up Obama's alley and he will gain more support for taking our weapons. If one stops to think about this, in conjunction with the other shootings, maybe the tinfoil hat theorists are not all wrong. Either that or a lot of copycat shootings.

I blame the media for all this. When something like this happens they go wall to wall with coverage of it. This is what a lot of the wackos want. They are famous. The bigger the slaughter the more and longer the media will carry it and the longer they will be famous!!!! Also the tinfoil crowd could have a point, the wackos see how the media carry it and want to be the star for a day, week or month!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's time for a federal law, if your establishment or place of public gathering doesn't allow concealed carry, then you need to provide metal detectors to keep guns out of gun free zones. Much like here in Colorado such as courts, some schools and all major sporting events like the Broncos. Colorado does allow concealed carry by those with permits, on campus though which I salute my state for.

If the place is "gun free", then the owner of the property whether that be government or private, should be held responsible for the safety of those who enter.

You can't carry on campuses in TX. Today in fact is the day they were beginning to debate a law to allow licensed individuals to carry in state funded schools. Private schools would still be able to prohibit carry. This shooting was the result of a fight where once against a gun free zone was violated and a defenseless victim was shot.

To correct myself. This is a result of two individuals who were fighting while both were violating the gun free zone. They started shooting at each other and the girl they were fighting over and an innocent bystander (maintenance worker) were hit in the crossfire. Those gun free zones really work don't they?

How would this incident have been different if the campus was not a gun-free zone? Wasn't this a gun battle between two armed perps? Wasn't the victim caught in the cross-fire? How would the presence of more guns have changed the situation?

We need to be intellectually honest to win the battle over expanding 2A rights. Simply put, there are firearms incidents in gun-free zones that are not the result of the existence of the gun-free zone nor would have been different in result if it was not a gun free zone.

We lose credibility when we try to depict such incidents as otherwise.

We can still use such incidents of examples where law abiding citizens might have been at greater risk because they were not allowed to be armed, but that's a lot different from depicting the events and results as attributable to a gun-free zone.

Only one of them has been arrested so far, despite the fact that they were both carrying in the guns on campus illegally, they got in a verbal argument and one of the men had turned and was walking away when the other drew and shot him, and hit the bystander... the guy being attacked at that point drew his own weapon and fired back hitting the initial aggressor. This is a self defense case and we shouldn't jump on the bandwagon too harshly to denounce both shooters. He may have been carrying 'illegally' (only because his rights were infringed), but he used the firearm only in defense, did not himself shoot any bystanders, and if he had not had it he would likely be in a box right now instead of a hospital.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back