Another case FOR CC!

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
Too bad this guy wasn't packing:mad:

I would like to know what some of you would do in this situation? The BG obviously already had the drop on this guy. What would you do facing a similar scenario while carrying a concealed firearm?

Man Shot During Robbery

BIRMINGHAM, Ala (WBRC-TV MyFoxAL.com) - A man was treated at UAB Hospital after being shot in the leg during a robbery.

Sergeant Williams of the Birmingham Police Department says around 5:20 a.m., the victim was pumping gas at 6th Avenue South and Center street when two black males approached him with a gun.

The suspects made the victim drive them to Beta Street where they made him undress.

Before leaving, the suspects shot the man in the leg and robbed him of his cell phone and wallet.

The bullet passed through the man's leg and the wound is non-life threatening.

another case of someone being nieve and letting their gaurd down and not being prepared. had that been a ccw holder thats stays aware of his surroundings id say it would have played out a whole lot differently. the key is being aware of whats going on around you so you have time to react with what you have at hand. An agressive posture of watching someone loitering near you who is possibly looking for a victim is quite often enough to make the perp think twice about making you his target.

another case of someone being nieve and letting their gaurd down and not being prepared. had that been a ccw holder thats stays aware of his surroundings id say it would have played out a whole lot differently. the key is being aware of whats going on around you so you have time to react with what you have at hand. An agressive posture of watching someone loitering near you who is possibly looking for a victim is quite often enough to make the perp think twice about making you his target.

Okay.. we have situational awareness and command presence. SA is a definate must, especially when you are in a bad area of town as this victim was.

One thing I would not do is let them take me somewhere else. What ever goes down is going down right where we are.

what to do?

Stumpjumper gives us situational awareness and command presence. Now, check your 6 while doing this ... also your 7-11 and 1-5! Maybe make it look like you are engaged on the phone (which you now have in your weak hand and have used to dial 911 if it looks to be coming down bad. Otherwise, act as if answering a call.

As you check. gain position and enhance your physical cover... move near to or beside a pump or steel pillar, if you are not on the driver side of your vehicle. If on the driver's side, open and be nearer to the open car door if that favors your situation. Update risk assessment and have that 911 call ready to go, putting the phone near to hand for a single button push on the chance you'll be able to make it if you have to go to a verbal warning. The pump handle is long out of your strong hand by now, and you are half-turned away (almost sideways) to the BG's. (I still shoot a modified Waver-stance) If warranted, move your strong hand nearer your piece, letting them see your move. Do NOT draw or expose your gun yet. If they do not sheer off in hopes of easier prey, be prepared to challenge and engage.

This is game-playing from one position, knowing the action and results from 'life', but introducing variables of the 'what if' variety to see if any would turn them aside. Their next steps will depend on their risk vs. gain assessment, if they are not hopped up and irrational by your decision-making standards. Outside the real basis of the 'model', no one can say what they may do.

You are giving them fnew factors. Will they stop? Will they split up and continue? Do they stay together and try to close in, playing at being two guys just taking a shortcut through the gas station? Their reaction is going to determine how the day/night turns out.

Is there an attentdent on duty behind the window? Has the situation been spotted and a call already made to bring in local police, just in case? Can you, at night, use your SureFire to get the attention of the pay window clerk? Have you even pulled it out to be ready to 'dazzle' the BG's if you must? (If there was no window outside, or no clerk visible, don't lose the tactical advantage of having that light by uselessly flashing it and letting the BG's know you DO have it... before they find out the hard way.) Oh, keep an eye on those surroundings as you are doing all this, right?

OK, :yu: take it. Critique away, get more & better ideas from others . Sometimes I am a tad more confrontational than I should be...I never said I was perfect and I just proved it....!

Stumpjumper gives us situational awareness and command presence. Now, check your 6 while doing this ... also your 7-11 and 1-5! Maybe make it look like you are engaged on the phone (which you now have in your weak hand and have used to dial 911 if it looks to be coming down bad. Otherwise, act as if answering a call.

As you check. gain position and enhance your physical cover... move near to or beside a pump or steel pillar, if you are not on the driver side of your vehicle. If on the driver's side, open and be nearer to the open car door if that favors your situation. Update risk assessment and have that 911 call ready to go, putting the phone near to hand for a single button push on the chance you'll be able to make it if you have to go to a verbal warning. The pump handle is long out of your strong hand by now, and you are half-turned away (almost sideways) to the BG's. (I still shoot a modified Waver-stance) If warranted, move your strong hand nearer your piece, letting them see your move. Do NOT draw or expose your gun yet. If they do not sheer off in hopes of easier prey, be prepared to challenge and engage.

This is game-playing from one position, knowing the action and results from 'life', but introducing variables of the 'what if' variety to see if any would turn them aside. Their next steps will depend on their risk vs. gain assessment, if they are not hopped up and irrational by your decision-making standards. Outside the real basis of the 'model', no one can say what they may do.

You are giving them fnew factors. Will they stop? Will they split up and continue? Do they stay together and try to close in, playing at being two guys just taking a shortcut through the gas station? Their reaction is going to determine how the day/night turns out.

Is there an attentdent on duty behind the window? Has the situation been spotted and a call already made to bring in local police, just in case? Can you, at night, use your SureFire to get the attention of the pay window clerk? Have you even pulled it out to be ready to 'dazzle' the BG's if you must? (If there was no window outside, or no clerk visible, don't lose the tactical advantage of having that light by uselessly flashing it and letting the BG's know you DO have it... before they find out the hard way.) Oh, keep an eye on those surroundings as you are doing all this, right?

OK, :yu: take it. Critique away, get more & better ideas from others . Sometimes I am a tad more confrontational than I should be...I never said I was perfect and I just proved it....!

You have brought up some good points, even though you have locked eyes on a couple of loitering perps possibly looking for a victim, you cant just focus all your attention on them. they may just be there to get your attention so someone else can get the drop on you. I work for a small town 14 square miles yes i mean small only 2 ways in or out. the school system has maybe 2% other than white enrollment. when i started 12 years ago i would have compared it to mayberry. and now in the last couple of years we have had an influx of gang related activity from the neigboring citys. now we have been informed we have a small gang operating in our city. lets face it guys gangs and crime is on the rise and they are getting more organized as well. so keep that head like an owl and stay alert. the ultimate goal being going home to or with our families in one piece

I would like to know what some of you would do in this situation? The BG obviously already had the drop on this guy. What would you do facing a similar scenario while carrying a concealed firearm?

Having read many stories of thugs approaching someone while the intended victim is fueling, I keep my head rotating Exorcist-style and would move to the opposite side of my vehicle if approached by anyone. I use my weak hand for manipulating the nozzle.

I couldn't predict exactly what I might do, but my general principle is: if someone is threatening me with a lethal weapon, he is going to kill me; there's nothing to lose by resisting. I am not going to listen to his commands, my vehicle and my wallet are irrelevant, I am going to move and shoot.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back