Ankle Holster Question

casey97

Has anyone ever used an LCP holster meant for ankle carry on their bicep while exercising? This wouldn't be for concealed carry, but for carry while walking or bike riding.

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

I'm not sure it would work. Plus, carry on your waist wouldn't move as much so it would be less likely to fall out or shift into an uncomfortable position. A quick sewing job with a 50¢ snap would work on a cheap uncle mike's iwb holster.

Jogging pants and workout shorts do not have the most sturdy of waistbands. Riding a bike with a holster in bike shorts doesn't sound remotely comfortable. Like I said, this wouldn't be for CCW or for extended carry, but would be for about an hour.

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

I've yet to find a ankle holster or gun light enough that didn't make you feel like a club foot. Even 8-10 oz. you might be better off with shoulder holster, or it would for me with what you described

I have a small fanny pack, but who really wants to wear fanny pack.

Ankle holsters are not optimal for your primary defense carry. They are difficult to draw from quickly. You are better served with a belly band, a kangaroo holster or other similar options. I do not advocate holsters that can not be reholstered using one hand.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using USA Carry mobile app

I agree, but the question is would an ankle holster on your upper arm work for an hour three times a week.

Even if it would work, it'd probably have to be on pretty snug, more so than an mp3 player, thanks to the weight of the gun. I'm not sure I'd want to restrict blood flow during exercise... Of course, I have tiny arms so a higher chance of smashing arteries against bone. If it were up to me, I'd get this: Comfortable concealment holster with fitness ? No bounce even in athletic apparel! | Pistol Wear Wear it up higher or twist it around to carry at 4-5 o'clock for bike riding. Or the fanny pack. You're exercising. A fanny pack is practical.

But it's a fanny pack!

"But it's a fanny pack!"

Does the fanny pack clash with your fashionable running suit and matched shoes? Are you concerned with fashion, or exercise and self protection?
That arm holster is going to move on a sweating arm and/or as you flex and extend your bicep. Also, when you deploy your weapon, you would be swinging the muzzle through a wide arc. That could endanger several innocent bystanders.

Sorry if sarcasm escapes you, but fashion has nothing to do with my 5 a.m. walk. I don't understand why anyone would muzzle sweep others when drawing from a holster, regardless of it's position. The original question was if anyone has worn a holster on their bicep. It appears than no one has, but everyone has an opinion on it.

Exodus 22:2 If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed.

Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

My husband is thinking the same thing for under his jacket sleeve in the winter. He is a big man. Your arm size might make the difference. Good luck let me know if it works

Sent from my LG-K371 using Link Removed

Has anyone ever used an LCP holster meant for ankle carry on their bicep while exercising? This wouldn't be for concealed carry, but for carry while walking or bike riding.

My husband has tried this but he has large arms and it is working. He has walked around with it and it doesn't move around

Sent from my LG-K371 using Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back