Ankle Holster advice

I must tactfully disagree with you that the percentages are small. Think about your day. Many of us get in our car to drive to and from work. A gun in an ankle holster is easier to access than one that is behind your him as you are held in place and blocked by the seat belt.

Many of us spend our working hours sitting at a desk or sitting somewhere, again, the ankle carried gun is easier to access than one wedged into the back of your chair. And is is easier to access without drawing attention to yourself.

I do admit that if you are standing all day, the ankle holster is harder to reach and certainly does draw attention to your movements. I have carried both ways and still do, depending on my situation. But I think we make a mistake by automatically dismissing ankle carried guns. And I totally agree that any carry of any gun of any caliber is better than leaving your gun at home.

Carry that roscoe.

everyone has their priorities, but ankle carry is not a prefer primary carry by instructors , or is a tactical-advantage carry over-all. Yes you're right about certain situations ankle carry has it's pro's, the first Con it has is the lack of a quick draw, and some others like taking your eye off the target when reaching for your weapon, releasing snaps/straps, and if your out-of-shape... bending down or kneeling can be a chore. When sitting in a vehicle its easier to draw from the waist, reaching down (under seat movement) can get you killed.

I love the ankle carry, when i can't carry on my hip.

I told this story before, so i'll make it quick... a man in the mens room at a hotel attending a seminar was on the shi*ter. A man opens the door and has a gun, tells the guy on the toilet empty his pockets, you know the usual. Then runs out of the hotel, the man on the toilet was a cop attending a police seminar who was ankle carrying and had his weapon hidden because his pants was down, ran out after suspect along with back-up and caught the guy in the parking lot, plus one for ankle carry...lol

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back